3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

"
Falco111 wrote:
I love this build. I had this one in previous league as well and cleared everything so easy.

But for some reason I dont know why I have feeling in this league even though I have same items and even 40% more dmg then on standard build my minions have slower clear speed. It feels like they stop for a small mob for a second and think what they shoud do. They can pop yellow instant but bigger groups of normal mobs dont shatter half screen anymore and I have to wait. If I relog to standard same bluild those minions run like hell and shatter ofscreen evrything. It least thats my feeling. Gems are same, gear is same, dps is more but i feel slower.

Same here, golem just focus random mobs and "think" what to do...
On forteress they dont even focus the door, there is a problem on the IA i think =(
Just checking but did the levelling tree not get updated? seems alot to respec later on for the 3.5 build?

Thanks
Easy deathless Shaper kill.
Gems @ 19/20.

So I tried this build on SC league (because HC with random oneshotting as league mechanic is not cool).

It wasn't that expansive as league starter, or maybe you just have to play like 15 hours straight from launch and buy core items before they go up in price.

Almost 98 now, got all bosses down except chayula (haven't tried yet). Mastermind was problematic because even SRS can offscreen her but golems go back to you after these stupid teleports. Uber elder deathless with less than 8k eHP pool and no block or other significant damage mitigation requires some skill I probably don't have.

Also I can see there's a problem with endgame items, gave like 30ex for chest with few far from t1 rolls, cheaper ones for like 20ex were basically +maim and +support level, nothing useful else. Still looking for some better helmet with +2 minion lvl or minion life/damage.

Tried Ruthless as a 7th golem link and Punishment as a curse (best dps according to PoB) but I feel like there's not much difference between Skin of the Loyal version with Maim as a 6th link. Am I missing something here?
Last edited by Grizone on Dec 24, 2018, 8:35:56 AM
How do you guys keep your golems alive during syndicate fights? Ice Golems seems like so much more fragile than flame golems. It seems like they can't deal with syndicate rare monsters fast enough and got pounded by both syndicate members and rare mobs. Also they just die in droves in Minotaur fights. These all didn't happen before I swicthed to Ice Golems from Flame Golems.
"
Grizone wrote:
So I tried this build on SC league (because HC with random oneshotting as league mechanic is not cool).

It wasn't that expansive as league starter, or maybe you just have to play like 15 hours straight from launch and buy core items before they go up in price.

Almost 98 now, got all bosses down except chayula (haven't tried yet). Mastermind was problematic because even SRS can offscreen her but golems go back to you after these stupid teleports. Uber elder deathless with less than 8k eHP pool and no block or other significant damage mitigation requires some skill I probably don't have.

Also I can see there's a problem with endgame items, gave like 30ex for chest with few far from t1 rolls, cheaper ones for like 20ex were basically +maim and +support level, nothing useful else. Still looking for some better helmet with +2 minion lvl or minion life/damage.

Tried Ruthless as a 7th golem link and Punishment as a curse (best dps according to PoB) but I feel like there's not much difference between Skin of the Loyal version with Maim as a 6th link. Am I missing something here?

Were you running brand for Mastermind? I didn't have problems offscreening her but I was dropping stormbrands.

Skin is absolutely comparable to 7L chest. The Chest just has the potential to be a bit more resists/flat life. Buy a skin and be happy until you're at the point where you're just min/maxing for the sake of min/maxing.

Yeah, the end-game items for this build are stupidly hard to craft/expensive.
"
How do you guys keep your golems alive during syndicate fights? Ice Golems seems like so much more fragile than flame golems. It seems like they can't deal with syndicate rare monsters fast enough and got pounded by both syndicate members and rare mobs. Also they just die in droves in Minotaur fights. These all didn't happen before I swicthed to Ice Golems from Flame Golems.

Your golem gems are too low level. Buy a 21/0 and support with Minion life until you get a level 3 empower
Last edited by Utopian238 on Dec 24, 2018, 2:03:46 PM
Thanks for the reply, and happy christmas :).
If I rushed all the jewel slots... is it normal to be sitting at only 4K life at level 84?

I am running the life variant (not MoM). I am assuming life will just come with more levels?

Is taunt for minions better than blind?

How many Harmonies should be aiming to run?

Also if I don’t plan on min/max is the 4(R) 1(G) and 1(B) skinngood enough with a CoP?

Is a 1 abysss socket COP better than GRip?

Lastly would you recommend to get the 4(R) skin over a CoP with 2 Abyss sockets?0

Last edited by yongsoo on Dec 24, 2018, 6:20:43 PM
"
yongsoo wrote:
If I rushed all the jewel slots... is it normal to be sitting at only 4K life at level 84?

I am running the life variant (not MoM). I am assuming life will just come with more levels?

Is taunt for minions better than blind?

How many Harmonies should be aiming to run?

Also if I don’t plan on min/max is the 4(R) 1(G) and 1(B) skinngood enough with a CoP?

Is a 1 abysss socket COP better than GRip?

Lastly would you recommend to get the 4(R) skin over a CoP with 2 Abyss sockets?0

Skin is great all the way to end-game, I ran everything with Skin last season.

Grip > CoP 1socket. Honestly to everyone in the thread just plan to use Grip it's 99% of what Cop 2 socket is.

Taunt is better for bossing, worse for mapping.

Harmonies/Eminence/Abyss jewel ratios are fluid with level and number of jewels you're running. Plan to use 2 Eminence and the rest Harmonies unless you want to import yourself into PoB and run the numbers yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info