3.7 In-Depth Ice Golems Guide - Snowybois - On Hiatus for 3.8

I finally killed Uber Elder today with this build :D I am so happy. I had to resummon my Stone Golem a lot though, even though I have Minion Life on my Jewels. I am trying to craft a Belt with Minion Life, maybe that will help (and the Stone Golem Enchant ofc).

Thanks for this build!
I have a 3r2g1w chest piece

I was wondering what should I put in my 2nd G

And which R should I prioritise?

I was thinking culling strike or faster attack for the 2nd G

Will that work?
"
Utopian238 wrote:
That's a great question goose but I don't have enough experience with the build yet to answer it. There will be a breakpoint between Cyclone CDR and Harmony Effectiveness, at some point we reach diminishing returns on that CDR. If you check out your PoB you can see your cyclone cooldown time.

For Reference my character has a cyclone cooldown of 1.76 seconds and as you can see in the videos my golems spend the vast majority of their attacks cycloning.

If your Golem is cycloning you are doing peak DPS.
If your Golem is in range to melee you are still doing great dps.

If your golem's cyclone is on CD, and he is not yet in range to melee, he will throw his stupid freaking icicle. This is a waste of time and energy as it does roughly 1% of the damage of cyclone. Anytime your golems are throwing snowballs, they are not doing their job and should be fired immediately. The best thing you can do to prevent snowball throwing is increase cyclone CDR/make sure your golems have a path to the monster they are trying to snowball.

One of the few problems I have with this build is it's inverse map effectiveness when compared to flame golems. Maps like Shrine or Sunken City where a ranged attack is shooting fish in a barrel suddenly become death traps as your golems don't have a path to the monsters but the monsters can shoot at you with impunity. However indoor Maps like Torture Chamber that are painful to run as flame golems due to line of sight issues are safe as safe can be.

Updated: Hall of the Grandmasters down!

Holy shit do not recommend trying HoG with this. The golems handle the non-bow characters really well but they just melt to the bow builds. It was rough, but the first build i've run that could finish it.

Where do I find the cyclone CD on POB????????
Please help
"
ckjh wrote:

Will that work?

Assuming you are running hatred/generosity you can run hypothermia in the 2nd green socket. The Ice Golems should be chilling things to get Hypo's more multiplier.

The 3 red should probably be Melee Phy, Multistrike, Empower. Hypo would be taking the place of Maim.
Great build too bad it got even more expensive lol still will do it in STD
"
rathaya wrote:
I finally killed Uber Elder today with this build :D I am so happy. I had to resummon my Stone Golem a lot though, even though I have Minion Life on my Jewels. I am trying to craft a Belt with Minion Life, maybe that will help (and the Stone Golem Enchant ofc).

Thanks for this build!

Link it with totem and minion elemental resistance gem, that will solve the issue. You can do it on your shield since enfeeble doesn't really help at UE.

Also, noticed you have golems at level 20, you can buy 21/0 cheap since they come from Div Cards.
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
"
zoNiklv wrote:
"
rathaya wrote:

Thanks for this build!

Link it with totem and minion elemental resistance gem, that will solve the issue. You can do it on your shield since enfeeble doesn't really help at UE.

Also, noticed you have golems at level 20, you can buy 21/0 cheap since they come from Div Cards.

Ahh. I had this problem too! BTW, first time killing Uber Elder as well!

So you mean using that gem instead of Empower? I was thinking of using Purity of Ice instead of Grace, since most of the damage is cold, and keep Empower. Could that work?

Thanks for the build!
"
zoNiklv wrote:
"
rathaya wrote:

Thanks for this build!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Last edited by rathaya on Oct 19, 2018, 12:33:12 PM
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
ckjh wrote:

Will that work?

Assuming you are running hatred/generosity you can run hypothermia in the 2nd green socket. The Ice Golems should be chilling things to get Hypo's more multiplier.

The 3 red should probably be Melee Phy, Multistrike, Empower. Hypo would be taking the place of Maim.

I place hypothermia but on POB faster attack showed more damaged

How do I check the golem cyclone cooldown??
"
ckjh wrote:
"
Galtrovan wrote:
"
ckjh wrote:

Will that work?

I place hypothermia but on POB faster attack showed more damaged

How do I check the golem cyclone cooldown??

I think POB shows the best gems as the build is set now (with the gear you have now, the jewels you have now, the tree you have now, etc.). If it's not in a finished state and you plan on changing things, modify it in POB so that it reflect those changes. And it will tell you what the new best gems are.

The cyclone cooldowns is shown here:

[url=https://ibb.co/g1HOo0][img]https://preview.ibb.co/me43o0/Ice-Golems.jpg[/url][/img]

Cheers!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info