[3.5] Blade Vortex MoM Acro Trickster (Fast Maps, U Lab, Guardians, Shaper, Elder)

Hi
I have the Belly of the beast 6 linked but I could not get the all the right colours i'ts really hard.
So basically im on 3 blues 2 red and 1 green
Can I use the Red socket instead of Phys to Lightning ? Adn what gem could I use ?
thanks
Edit: And why Do I have so many free sockets ? I mean one weapon has free sockets and gloves are free too .. Is there something I don't get ?
Last edited by Oandrea on Sep 14, 2018, 2:23:59 PM
"
Oandrea wrote:
Hi
I have the Belly of the beast 6 linked but I could not get the all the right colours i'ts really hard.
So basically im on 3 blues 2 red and 1 green
Can I use the Red socket instead of Phys to Lightning ? Adn what gem could I use ?
thanks
Edit: And why Do I have so many free sockets ? I mean one weapon has free sockets and gloves are free too .. Is there something I don't get ?

as is wrote under the gems optional you are pretty much free to socket anything you want. i prefer faster casting oprtal and some supports for my golem. these gem links are just what i felt was necessary to run the build and not feel to squishy/have a curse without the expensive curse on hit ring

and yes the belly is hard to colour since the build needs so many off colours on it tho i would advise to replace controlled destruction for added fire damage for the red socket since phys to lightning gives us more elemental damage which the build scales :D
my choice would probably be BV - Phys to Lightning - Crit Damage - Efficacy - added fire and empower/iron will depending on your budget

"
Anikulapo_ wrote:
Hi.
I enjoy this build. Really.
But I have a question for you : with this Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Crit Damage, I don't understand why we use Controlled Destruction since it lower our crit chance. Could you explain me why is it better ?

the build is already at 86% critchance with a diamond flask + power charges. with controlled destruction that goes to 82-83% ish so it is a good trade of for the damage it provides you can also go with added lightning support if you feel the crit is too low :D
Last edited by unholydmg on Sep 14, 2018, 9:13:37 PM
Hi
I am following your build, and I have obtained incredible resuls! but i have a issue about the patient reaper node in the trickster, when we take advantage of the damage over time? You don't use poison support in BV.
"
Hi
I am following your build, and I have obtained incredible resuls! but i have a issue about the patient reaper node in the trickster, when we take advantage of the damage over time? You don't use poison support in BV.

In the build there is no advantage to the increased damage over time from patient reaper. what the build gets from patient reaper is the increased recovery for mana and life since a crit with added fire damage ignites and that counts as a damage over time killed enemy and we get the increased recovery.
"
unholydmg wrote:
as you can see in my gem setup i dont use conc effect at all :D works fine against shaper even without

Oh whoops I mistook Controlled Destruction as Conc Effect.

So nice to play a build that has no gem swaps. :D I've been looking for a build just like this!

Could you provide a level 100 tree? Would you go towards the life, spell/area dmg and crit nodes on the Templar side?

Also would this build work as an Assassin? Or a Poison/DoT scaling version to make use of DoT dmg bonuses. The build played real nice and I'm thinking of trying those variations. :)
"
Bayonnaise wrote:
"
unholydmg wrote:
as you can see in my gem setup i dont use conc effect at all :D works fine against shaper even without

Oh whoops I mistook Controlled Destruction as Conc Effect.

So nice to play a build that has no gem swaps. :D I've been looking for a build just like this!

Could you provide a level 100 tree? Would you go towards the life, spell/area dmg and crit nodes on the Templar side?

Also would this build work as an Assassin? Or a Poison/DoT scaling version to make use of DoT dmg bonuses. The build played real nice and I'm thinking of trying those variations. :)

I generally dont plan my builds past 95ish but i would just pick up jewel slots in the area. And Yes it could work as an Assassin and poison/Dot or as Trickster Poison/Dot but since im not fmiliar with dot builds i can't provide a build for those :(
as a 100 tree for this build i would go with:
Last edited by unholydmg on Sep 16, 2018, 7:55:06 PM
Quick question:
im just a regular player so i just dont get why we dont move the jewel and then 3 points down we take EE.
would we not benefit from it?
"
Ph03n1XX wrote:
Quick question:
im just a regular player so i just dont get why we dont move the jewel and then 3 points down we take EE.
would we not benefit from it?

if you deal multiple types of elemental damage with the same hit the enemies get more resistant to the elements and less resistant to the element that didnt hit so for instance we hit with lightning and cold then the enemies has +25% to lightning and cold and -50% to fire. in my case i deal every element (cold,lightning,fire) at the same time with my BV so it would just reduce my damage instead of buffing it. So in the case of my build it is not good to take EE cause it wuld just reduce our damage :D
Last edited by unholydmg on Sep 20, 2018, 10:29:35 PM
How do you maintain frenzy charges and power charges during 1 v 1 boss fights?
"
jben1988 wrote:
How do you maintain frenzy charges and power charges during 1 v 1 boss fights?

For Power Charges, I use Orb of Storms-Power Charge on Crit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info