[3.5] Blade Vortex MoM Acro Trickster (Fast Maps, U Lab, Guardians, Shaper, Elder)

Welcome to the BV MoM Acro Tank Trickster. Played this in Incursion and it was a fun from start to maps and even Shaper/Elder.

27/12/18 Update:
I have a lot of stuff to do and im sry i cant answer questions as frequently as i have before

3.5 Update:
as of 3.5 patch notes "stat sticks" are getting a reduce of 50% extra damage of x element. i believe the void battery will be my go to endgame weapon in this build. besides that nothing will change for this build. hope you have fun in betrayal :D

Pros:
Nice League Starter
Relatively Cheap to Gear
Easy Leveling even without leveling gear
Easy to play
Tanky (kinda built around that)
Fast Clearspeed with BV
Good Single target cause BV
only 2 Skills(BV+Movement) + Golem to worry about
EZ Lab and Trials cause we are so tanky and have good recovery (Regen+Leech+Life/Mana on kill from Trickster)

Cons:

It's BV it's not for everyone
2 Meta Items are required (not so expensive but just as a reminder)
Its not the "Explode the Screen" Elementalist Build

TLDR Finished Tree in Path of Building with all Items
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/raw/kFjf8eMv

Items:

Spoiler
Helm:
Spoiler

Starkonja's: Good Defence and Crit for a good price

Lightpoacher: Good Option if you can get good Jewels for it (Not League Start Friendly i think)

Rare Helmet: get Life and Resist (Good Option for League Start since the most uniques are still expensive)

Body Armour:
Spoiler

Belly of the Beast: Our go to Chest. It has all we need: All Res and Life

Carcass Jack: More of a Offensive Option with Area Damage. Also has good all Res and a bit life and is easier to get our Colours

Loreweave: Its a Good Option if you can afford one with good Stats and you're struggling with Elemental Defense

Rare Chest: As Always get Life+resist.

Gloves:
Spoiler

Get Rare Gloves with Life Resist.
If you can get attack speed or even better Socketed gems supported by faster attacks since this is our slot for Whirling Blades.

Boots:
Spoiler

Rare Boots with Life, Resist and at least 20% Movement Speed.
20% is enough for the start and 30% is hard to afford at the first days of the League, later on of course get 30% or even 35%

Rings:
Spoiler

Essence Worm: Needed for less reservation since Hatred is the only Aura we use its perfect for Mind over Matter and our Clear Mind Jewel

Other Ring:

Rare Ring with Life+Resist try to get the stats you need for gems on this or the amulet
Warlords Mark on hit is very nice for sustain and saves us a few Gem slots
Spell Damage is also very nice if you can afford it

If you can afford a Warlords Mark on hit Elder Ring plus sacrifice your hatred and get your Stats on the amulet the Mark of the Shaper should be your go to for damage

Amulet:
Spoiler

Rare Amulet with Life+Resist
Get Stats if you dont have them on the Ring
Gain phys as extra element/chaos and crit chance/multi are also very nice if you can afford them but its not necessary

Weapons:
Spoiler

Cheapest:Rare Spell Dagger
-Spell Damage
-Crit Chance for Spells
-Optional Adds X Damage to Spells
This should get you started in maps

Divinarius: Gives Crit, Spell Damage and AOE on top its great

Void Battery: Good Option for Damage and Cheaper than a Spell Dagger with Double Extra Damage

These are your best option for damage if you can get your hands on them

Belt:
Spoiler

Rare Belt
-Life
-Resist
This is you best slot for Resist and Life get as much as you can afford here
Movement speed is great if you can craft/afford it

Enchantments:
Spoiler
Helm:
Spoiler

for Damage: Crit Multi per Blade
for Clearspeed: BV Duration
Also BV Damage is Good if you cant afford the other 2
DONT get BV Area its not worth it

Gloves:
Spoiler

Any of Reflection is my Favourite since it distracts enemies
Any of Spite is nice for the free chill on Enemies
Any of winter can work as well but the chill is not as reliable as the guaranteed on winter

Boots:
Spoiler

Attack/Cast Speed is great for clear
Leech is best for surviving
regen is good too
if you can get ele pen it is good for bosses but we dont use the full potential of it since we are not full conversion so its not AS good as on other builds

Gems:
Spoiler
Blade Vortex:
Spoiler

4L Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Crit Damage
5L Phys to Lightning
6L Added Fire Damage

Aura/Golem:
Spoiler

Hatred in the Essence Worm
Stome Golem - Flame Dash - Faster Casting

Cast When damage Taken:
Spoiler

Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1) - Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Increased Duration - (Warlord's Mark (lvl 5)) only if you dont have a on hit Curse Ring

Movement:
Spoiler

Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Culling Strike - Fortify
If you're using Void Batterys use:
Lightning Warp - Less Duration - Swift Affliction - Faster Casting

Optional:
Spoiler

Portal - Faster Casting
You can also link you Golem with Minion Life and Blind if you have spare Slots

Jewel:
Spoiler

Clear Mind
Since we use our Hatred in the Essence Worm this will boost us greatly.

If you decide to get more Jewel Sockets take Rare Jewels with Max Life and at least 1 Damage mod.
For Abyss Jewels get Life and Added Elemental to Spells

Bandits:
Spoiler

Help Alira
We use everything Alira gives us so it's a no brainer

Ascendancy:
Spoiler

Take Trickster and then in this order:
Weave the Arcane -> Swift Killer -> Harness the Void -> Patient Reaper

Pantheon:
Spoiler

Major: Brine King or Solaris/Lunaris depending on your preference
Minor: Gruthkul

Leveling:
Spoiler
53 Points (Level 30ish)
http://poeurl.com/b2aa
72 Points (Level 50ish)
http://poeurl.com/b199
Start of Maps:
http://poeurl.com/b197
Finished Tree lvl 90:
http://poeurl.com/b196

Videos
Spoiler

Shaped Gorge T9
Spoiler
5 Sextant + Beyond Shaped Gorge
https://youtu.be/8s4Wmq_qezk

Waterways T11

Caldera T13

Hydra T16

U-Lab (Curses+Lieutenants) Only Izaro Fights

Shaper

Why Trickster?
Spoiler
Mind over Matter is very nice with the high cast speed of BV and Weave the Arcane
Shadow is in a nice spot to get Acro/Phase Acro with MoM together plus good crit also wanted an alternative for the generic Elementalist BV build
Last edited by unholydmg on Dec 26, 2018, 8:39:34 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2019, 3:03:41 PM
So can this facetank izaro at level 75? :P

Always looking for a super cheap and easy league starter to farm uberlab so this looks great ;)
But starkonja in day1-4 of league is pretty pricey, like 20c from memory?

I wonder if this is safer than the usual trapper or even RFSR Trickster?

Also do you have any videos to show the mapping clearspeed? How does BV do without inpulsas?

Really interested to try this out!
Last edited by bankai1009 on Aug 26, 2018, 9:51:24 AM
"
bankai1009 wrote:
So can this facetank izaro at level 75? :P

Always looking for a super cheap and easy league starter to farm uberlab so this looks great ;)
But starkonja in day1-4 of league is pretty pricey, like 20c from memory?

I wonder if this is safer than the usual trapper or even RFSR Trickster?

Also do you have any videos to show the mapping clearspeed? How does BV do without inpulsas?

Really interested to try this out!

I did uber @80 since that is when i finished all the trials was pretty smooth but didnt try the facetank @85 i facetanked in a carry for a firend so its possible

and i agree starkonjas can get expensive depending on other builds/streamer builds needing it at the first days of the league a rare helm is enough tho

this i pretty safe trapper still has his range but in my experience with trickster rf and this build i would prefer this build if you can stand the BV casting :D

unfortunately i respecced this build to arc traps since i wanted to try it before the nerf therefor i cant show any vids my bad but the clear is a bit slower at the beginning and at the point i started yellow maps i didnt even notice the missing inpulsas

since its the end of the league i can respecc back to this and do a vid soon for the clearspeed and maybe uber izaro :D
Even with Effiacy and I took the small duration node. How in the world do you keep a solid amount of blades up?
"
Foxkin wrote:
Even with Effiacy and I took the small duration node. How in the world do you keep a solid amount of blades up?

Just casting at the beginning of a map and on every rare/when standing still worked for me. gets better with more dmg obviously because you need less blades for trash mobs
OK - it's been a long, long time since I've played seriously, but isn't leech (speaking of Soul Siphon and Blood Siphon here specifically) a complete waste?

I mean, BV is a spell. Those nodes are for attacks.

Am I missing something here, or what?
"
JQuinn wrote:
OK - it's been a long, long time since I've played seriously, but isn't leech (speaking of Soul Siphon and Blood Siphon here specifically) a complete waste?

I mean, BV is a spell. Those nodes are for attacks.

Am I missing something here, or what?

yes you're missing that those nodes are on kill and not leech those count for spells and attacks. in general youre correct leech nodes are specific for attacks (for example vitality void and spirit void near duelist) those woudnt work but the on kill effects from the ones you named and the on kill from trickster still works
Do you need increased AoE for BV or is Conc Effect permanent?
"
Bayonnaise wrote:
Do you need increased AoE for BV or is Conc Effect permanent?

as you can see in my gem setup i dont use conc effect at all :D works fine against shaper even without
Hi.
I enjoy this build. Really.
But I have a question for you : with this Blade Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy - Crit Damage, I don't understand why we use Controlled Destruction since it lower our crit chance. Could you explain me why is it better ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info