[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

"
How do you go about sustaining mana?

Warlords Mark curse linked to Blasphemy support gem. It's a bit of a brute force method but there aren't a huge amount of other options without having perfectly optimised gear for your own mana regen.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
any recommendations for better rf sustain (uniques) without losing too much other stats? u can check my gear i already have nice regen and using stone golem, but not enough. wondering if a shield with max res or some sustain rings would be too much of a loss

also do we procc the arakali pantheon regen somehow?
Last edited by Schnubbel_ on Dec 11, 2018, 8:17:25 AM
Build is very solid once you get everything going, as soon as Blasphemy is leveled up a bit and has a certain reach you dont run into mana problems anymore either. As i´m a bit unlucky with finding decent equipment, i´m sitting on a meager 3.5K life right now at level 71 and have died a few times on kitava and other bosses already, therefore i installed an CWDT/Immortal Call setup, to at least be a bit safer until my equipment gets better.

Build is very fun though, seeing all those balls homing in on their targets is very satisfying.

10/10. Would play again :)
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
any recommendations for better rf sustain (uniques) without losing too much other stats? u can check my gear i already have nice regen and using stone golem, but not enough. wondering if a shield with max res or some sustain rings would be too much of a loss

also do we procc the arakali pantheon regen somehow?

I've never done the RF version yet, It's a project I'm working on this league though, a combination of new veiled crafting and fossil crafting will be the key to getting both the CwC VD build and an RF build to run side by side if it is possible at all effectively.

The saffels frame shield you have is one that I want to test and should get in SSF as it's pretty common, the other shield is Rise of the Phoenix. I need to get them along with a lot of other gear before I can try it though.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 11, 2018, 12:17:52 PM
thx for the guide, so far I have a lot of fun with it :)
I´m back from a break (and never was good at doing my own builds ^^) and wondered if yu can help me with something... ;)
I found this
yesterday and now I really wonder if I could play around with the "trigger on spell" (if it is a prefix I didn´t find one yet)

as I understand it desecrate and volatile dead would not be the best combo because of the 5 sec CD.

But what if I just add some add dmg source?

Firestorm + controlled destruction + spell echo was on my mind for that ^^

also I was thinking about using Heretic Veil + flameability/warlords because the 2nd curse passiv is very close...

maybe you can give me some insight before I wast the currency ;)
IGN: Dunkellicht
Hi, Could i ask. Why is there no Cwdt-Immortal call-Fortify? Setup in this Build? And also Could you Recommend some end Game gears or Unique?
Much Appreciated Thanks
Last edited by Currychicken on Dec 11, 2018, 3:08:30 PM
"
Currychicken wrote:
Hi, Could i ask. Why is there no Cwdt-Immortal call-Fortify? Setup in this Build? And also Could you Recommend some end Game gears or Unique?
Much Appreciated Thanks

At very high maps with many mods (often 8 mod corruptions) I found the build to be less tanky with CwDT+IC, having the endurance charges up all the time and as such having the % defence of each charge, the % regen from each charge and the % damage from each charge during very short and intense encounters of nasty packs and mob combinations for me felt worse with Immortal Call.

I am thinking of using Vortex on my CwDT to chill+slow things around me though which I have used on other builds in the past where Immortal Call 'feels worse'.

It's probably a very personal thing though and using the gem setup you mention is by no means a wrong move. Try both when you get to the highest maps and see how you perform.

As for endgame uniques, this is a question a lot of people ask but well rolled rares for this build are much better, the reason being that all this build needs is stats. % spell/fire/elemental damage, flat fire damage, life and resists as the power comes from the gem links, not unique item interaction as with many other powerful builds.

It may seem a strange thing compared to other games, but uniques in PoE are often not the most powerful item in a particular slot.

Also, the fortify in this build is on the shield charge/leap slam and I highly recommend getting used to keeping it up all the time as it helps a ton!
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 11, 2018, 4:13:45 PM
"
blackdrain wrote:
thx for the guide, so far I have a lot of fun with it :)
I´m back from a break (and never was good at doing my own builds ^^) and wondered if yu can help me with something... ;)
I found this
yesterday and now I really wonder if I could play around with the "trigger on spell" (if it is a prefix I didn´t find one yet)

as I understand it desecrate and volatile dead would not be the best combo because of the 5 sec CD.

But what if I just add some add dmg source?

Firestorm + controlled destruction + spell echo was on my mind for that ^^

also I was thinking about using Heretic Veil + flameability/warlords because the 2nd curse passiv is very close...

maybe you can give me some insight before I wast the currency ;)

VD in the weapon would be a waste, if anything I think another Desecrate gem would be very good while just general mapping/bossing. I rarely need to use the corpses from desecrate as it is but this weapon mod adding more onto the map every 5 seconds can't be a bad thing. Also, the Unearth gem could be an interesting one, I can't say for sure as I'm yet to test it.
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 11, 2018, 4:06:07 PM

I think my luck ran out after this weapon dropped, but for shields, is just a generic Life + Spell/Fire damage what we're looking for?
As far as gear goes, when you get the last ascendency so many possibilities open up since you don't really have to worry at all about the fire res!

I was wondering tho, I've been using a Hrimnor's Resolve since I got the level to use it, and I don't see why I'd use a rare over it any time soon. Is it kind of a BiS contender?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info