[3.7] Chunky Chargrill Chieftain - Incinerate CwC Volatile Dead - [2x Demigod winning build]

Starting betrayal with this build. So far so good. Just one side question: will unearth be better since desecrate has cd?
"
enthend231 wrote:
Starting betrayal with this build. So far so good. Just one side question: will unearth be better since desecrate has cd?

I never run into the cool down of desecrate, I use one cast of it under a strong box or essence pack or boss normally, occassionally use it at the start of a map to get the ball rolling. The dead monsters in a map usually give plenty of corpses themselves while clearing.

But by all means check out what unearth feels like, I was talking with a few people last night in my stream about their ideas for things to change or include, this build is very much like a blank canvass in a way and is just so flexible and adaptable that you can really take your own ideas and slap them on the basic build structure and i'm fairly sure it'll work! Experiment and have some fun, I'm super interested in where people take there ideas.
I stream daily at twitch.tv/CellTank
"
PangGblast wrote:
Do we take the Avatar of fire?

Avatar of fire can be taken if you plan on using Blade Vortex for bosses, I have killed shaper with the BV version without taking Avatar of Fire though so it's not necessary.
"
Schnubbel_ wrote:
hey just a little feedback even though im just act 8. once i got some decent gear going at act 5 this buils is really rollingb through so far.
thx for the guide gonna look forward to how i do in maps. just hoping if the dmg comes from jewels it wont be too expansive

Nice man! It is a little rough in the early acts for sure, but once over the initial hurdles it gets to be super smooth and fun. I'm currently mapping on a 4 link helm as I haven't had time to farm a tabby yet.

You'll be fine in maps with a tabby i'm sure

clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulCrowdedPresidentUncleNox

This is a clip of me wearing a tabula in a chayula breach in a Shaped Dunes T12 map where Abaxoth spawns. I hope this reassures you to the mapping power of this build!
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 9, 2018, 12:13:54 PM
I feel like I should know this, given I've played so darn much-- but why is there elemental overload despite having controlled destruction, which removes critical hits? Does the desecrate and shield charge and such crit a lot?
"
Asellia wrote:
I feel like I should know this, given I've played so darn much-- but why is there elemental overload despite having controlled destruction, which removes critical hits? Does the desecrate and shield charge and such crit a lot?

Controlled destruction does not remove 100% of your crits the way something like the Resolute Technique keystone would, it gives you 100% reduced crit chance. 'Reduced' in PoE is an additive modifier the same as 'increased' is. The other type of modifiers are 'Less' and 'More' which are multiplicative.

Elemental spells supported with Controlled Destruction Support can be useful with Elemental Overload since the critical strike chance of Incinerate Gem and Volatile Dead Gem cannot normally be lower than 5%.

So even without investing into crit chance, as long as we are hitting more than 20 times in 5 seconds (so more than 2.5 times per second) then we should always have have activated Elemental Overload. Pair the Elemental Overload damage boost with the Controlled destruction damage boost and we get both of these 'More' damage boosts to all of our spells that we cast!

I hope I have explained this clearly as I had to think twice about how to put this into words that made sense to me as well :D
Last edited by Cellstorm on Dec 10, 2018, 12:20:06 AM
"
Cellstorm wrote:
"
Asellia wrote:

Controlled destruction does not remove 100% of your crits the way something like the Resolute Technique keystone would, it gives you 100% reduced crit chance. 'Reduced' in PoE is an additive modifier the same as 'increased' is. The other type of modifiers are 'Less' and 'More' which are multiplicative.

Elemental spells supported with Controlled Destruction Support can be useful with Elemental Overload since the critical strike chance of Incinerate Gem and Volatile Dead Gem cannot normally be lower than 5%.

So even without investing into crit chance, as long as we are hitting more than 20 times in 5 seconds (so more than 2.5 times per second) then we should always have have activated Elemental Overload. Pair the Elemental Overload damage boost with the Controlled destruction damage boost and we get both of these 'More' damage boosts to all of our spells that we cast!

I hope I have explained this clearly as I had to think twice about how to put this into words that made sense to me as well :D

Ah, no, that makes sense. If we 'increased' critical hit by 50%, but the base was like 7, this'd make it 7 still-- as it could only remove that 'increased' 50%.. I think. It seems simple enough like that, thanks-- and thanks for the build. So far I'm having a lot of fun, though I've not gotten really 'going' with it just yet. Incinerate alone feels a lot of fun to use, so I'm confident I'll be sticking with this one. I liked volatile dead last time I used it (That was with a poet's pen build, though-- first time I beat shaper)
Last edited by Asellia on Dec 10, 2018, 5:44:59 AM
hey, what do u think about chernobog's pillar or the oak (rf sustain) as shield choices? dunno what is better that or rare shield with spell crit chance/spell damage
Tip For Betrayal.
You can craft on weapon "Trigger Socketed spell when you use a skill"
Just socket spell cascade + desecrate = Free poet's pen for 3c :-)
Edit:
meh it works also when you shield charge but i still think it's usefull vs bosses :p
Last edited by polsa234 on Dec 10, 2018, 6:34:01 PM
"
polsa234 wrote:
Tip For Betrayal.
You can craft on weapon "Trigger Socketed spell when you use a skill"
Just socket spell cascade + contagion = Free poet's pen for 3c :-)
Edit:
meh it works also when you shield charge but i still think it's usefull vs bosses :p

what exactly is your setup on the weapon/chest?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info