Community Q&A with Chris

Does GGG have any intention of reworking the stun mechanics and how they are calculated with regard to CI speced builds?

More specifically, will ES ever be part of the formula as opposed to just health?
In future leagues will you consider having races that are at more realistic times for New Zealanders?

Currently my options are 12am, 6am, 10am, and then 3 or 4pm ... kinda hard to fit any of those into a working week. I think initially you had some at 5 or 6pm, but there was a chorus of complaints from one of the US coasts and you moved em (I could be remembering that wrong).
Hi i have a minor thing that's annoys me.

For many skill there is no sound or not enough sound to hear when you hit one or many enemies. If you crit then you often hear a distinct sound, but for me that have a character with no crit chance, my skills just sounds when firing off but not when they hit the enemy. (thinking of freeze pulse for example). Is anything done in the way to change skill hit sounds?
Any plans for new nodes-keystones that make weapon choice a bit more exciting?

I'm talking about keystones or nodes that substantially alter how certain weapon types work or interact (like a florentine keystone for sword + dagger or a keystone that enforces using only one 1hand weapon). So far weapon-related nodes seem a bit bland.
Last edited by Falcord on Mar 4, 2013, 5:08:36 AM
If I were to ask you if you had any plans to build a giant statue of me in game, would the answer to that question be the same as the answer to this one?
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
Was it scary investing 6 years of your life into PoE and your company, especially that a large percentage of those 6 years would have been spent developing a game with the massive shadow of "Diablo 3" looming over you (until it came out and was a let down). The GGG website suggests that you were only 2 years out of uni (I gather its the same for many of your co-workers)... did you ever worry about your own financial stability given it took so long?
Hi

Would you consider to improve the key bindings so that we can cast multiple auras with one key without the hassle to rebind it multiple times?

Or add more key binds for the sole purpose of casting auras?

Greetings
Hello Chris,

Hopefully these catch your attention... if not oh well! :D

Small concerns:
Will the UI be able to be scaled/adjusted later on for more view? I remember reading of a zooming out later on but can the UI be adjusted or is it solidified and hardcoded-like in the game?

I know we can use as many skills as we have slots to activate them so, is there a way to grant more bindings or slots to skills so I don't have to repeatedly swap? It's not too big of a deal but it just gets tedious and sometimes causes death when I forget to swap back.

Big Concerns:
Will there be more dynamic quest choices like the Deal with the Bandits quest in Act 2 in future Acts? Along with interesting hostilities and alliances if you're partying with others or some other event that occurs?

Given that the max level is 100 and currently the 3 Acts bring you to about 60ish for all difficulties before doing maps, is there going to be a level cap raise later? How will future Acts be fitted into the game, will they be built around the levels currently or higher?

All the best to you and your team for bringing a fantastic game to the market.
Some noob always complaining... hoping things get better.
Last edited by KradisZ on Mar 4, 2013, 5:40:36 AM
Hi, Chris, and thanks for awesome game.

My question: what is current state of a long time ago promised web based trading system?
Will you guys give us some more info in a few weeks, months, this year at least?
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Hi Chris, and thanks for the best game since d2, im having a blast!

Only thing i miss when comparing to D2 was running bosses, like meph runs etc...

So is maps your only at the moment things for endgame? Or do you have anything else planned? (like endless dungeon/tower or something similar)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info