Community Q&A with Chris

How do you plan to optimize Path of Exile for players that are playing on a lower end computer?
Can you tell us about the history of your company? When/how you were founded, who founded it? Your company website says three people (I think) but not who.

And if it's not too sensitive, where did you get the capital? What made you decide that this was what you wanted to do? Is there anything you wish you could do that you can't or that you feel would be unfair in some way? Anything that you really want to do that needs more people or more money or more publicity? Is there anything you wish you'd done earlier that you didn't?

What did you (and your co-founders) do before founding your company? What was your job?

How did you settle on the names Path of Exile and Grinding Gear Games?

"
Chris wrote:
  • Please only ask questions about Path of Exile and Grinding Gear Games. I'm not going to have time to talk about what we have for breakfast.

What do you normally have for breakfast?
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Mar 4, 2013, 4:27:11 AM
Marketing. What are you doing to get the word out about this game?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Melee:

You have stated before you intend to "fix" melee, what kind of ideas do you have in this regard?

Future Acts

I'm really excited to get to fight the guy from all the trailers. Could you give us any information about him or future acts?
What are some of the ideas that have been floated with regards to mandatory health stacking? Or have no sensible ideas been brought up yet?
When do we get gore microtransaction?
Any plans for support package like the ones in closed beta just for open beta?
@Lorf
Hey Chris. Been watching this game for a long time, loved playing closed beta, loving open even more!

My only real question is:

What will need to be "done" in terms of the game for you to conclude open beta being over and "release" being out?

I know you've said several times that the game will always been an ongoing process, and any good game is truly always in a state of beta (aka balancing, adding content, etc.)

But what landmark will you deem open beta -> release = 1.0.0.0

=) thanks Chris!
Are there any plans on adding new types of weapons? If yes could you name some of them?

Are there any plans for Rare & Unique flasks?
1) Are you guys happy with the current racing season rewards and motivations to participate? I have found that the seasonal rewards are not very interesting or inspiring, resulting in the races themselves seeming uninteresting. I like competition, but I greatly prefer a personal motivation behind investing several hours of my time in a race.

2) The core of any build I have experienced so far has revolved around abilities that all seem to do the same thing. They hit multiple mobs, preferably from as large of a distance as possible, and scale well enough to do significant damage. It is obvious that these skills are the core of the game and the single target skills, or really any skill that doesn't do rather significant AoE, results in slower and more inefficient (also dangerous) playstyle. Do you all have any thoughts on how you intend to solve this problem?

3) There are upcoming changes to the passive tree for the duelist in particular which are a welcome change I am sure. Are there any other areas of the passive tree that you feel need work? Are there any significant keystones coming down the pipe or are changes of that scale still a long way off?

It really is an excellent game you have created, thanks so much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info