[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
Warpingarc wrote:
"
caladblog wrote:
"
Warpingarc wrote:
hey man, I went VERTEX for now, AND I am totally surprised you can run this with basically zero mana, AND I had to use mana% reduction jewels to get to 41 mana for frenzy and 43 mana available, but I feel my 69% resists are not good at all. I have no idea how to keep mana enough for frenzy. Kinda distraught over this ATM, any advice is appreciated

No wonders, you are running 3 mana auras without helmet enchant, just drop either Arctic Armour or Herald of Thunder until you had the enchant if you can't keep with 43 mana for frenzy.

I can do Shaper, Uber Elder, Guardians and Elder Guardians on rippy map mods with just 44 mana, no lvl4 enlighten in my gloves, Warlord Mark cover all the mana issues for me.
Drop Vinktar or Sorrow and go for a Stibnite flask, you can tank Minotaur while soaking the boulders.

You could dish the initial spell damage from the witch path and put those points in hearth and soul and arcane mind(this way you can fill up your resist with jewels), drop the healthy mind an put a energy from within to raise your ES even further with cruel preparation hearth and soul. I'm planning to get essence surge and drop Arcane mind for when I get my enchant, also I'm running a triple curse (ele weaks on glove, warlord and either enfeeble or temporal chains)when I dont go MF

those changes did next to nothing; ES is still only 6500... really kinda fed up with this build, very squishy. Can you take one last look before I give up for good? I died to T10 maps toooo easy.

Please read the FAQ: You ought to run Vile Bastion instead of Forbidden Power till you have at least 7k ES without it.

€dit: Wow. Why do you have not finsihed your lab yet? This is kinda important, you know? Certainly more important then getting a curse on hit corruption on your voidbringers. ^^'

Okay - this currently breaks your character:

Characters can only support ONE curse by default. If you have more curses going on then you can support your higher level curse overrides your lower level curse.

You have TWO curses on your gear. But since you have not finished your lab you can only support ONE curse.

As is mentioned in the OP we leech both ES and Mana via Warlords Mark. What happens in your case is that Warlords Mark always gets overwritten by the curse on your gloves since it has a higher level.

This way you successfully broke the build since you can neither sustain mana nor your ES recovery. Congratulations.

To fix this you either:

a) run with uncorrupted voidbringers for now
b) respecc points out of forbidden power and into malediction (and you should not put points into forbidden power in the first place if your ES is below 7kes... )
c) finish your lab (at which point you should run malediction and vile bastion - forbidden power is for when you have good gear)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Feb 20, 2019, 9:36:21 PM
edit
Last edited by d3viant6 on Feb 21, 2019, 11:02:51 AM

Hi Cyrix,

Thanks for build, did delve around 610, not that hard, and all 40 challanges.
Very easy this league. If you have a second - tell me please where my use of this excellent build is wrong ?

(Instead of ball in armor I use Vall Skeletons in delve)

Thanks
Last edited by pkirill on Feb 21, 2019, 9:08:41 PM
"
pkirill wrote:

Hi Cyrix,

Thanks for build, did delve around 610, not that hard, and all 40 challanges.
Very easy this league. If you have a second - tell me please where my use of this excellent build is wrong ?

(Instead of ball in armor I use Vall Skeletons in delve)

Thanks

Looks good to me!

There are things that you can improve if you want to spend a lot of money?

Getting PoetsPens with the ElePen corruption would allow you to switch out ElePen support gems for controlled destruction or similiar.

Getting a +1 PowerCharges corruption on your helmet would help - as would a fossil crafted rare helmet with the -9% to lightning resistances delve modifier.

CDR stuff is also always an option since you already have an unnatural instinct.

The Lightning Enchant on you boots would also be better then the cold one.

But overall since you already did all challenges with the character as is I don't know if thats all worth it.
Thanks to tips ...

Spider was super-easy this league. It is a very nice spell.
Previously I have no idea where to get it.

Getting a +1 PowerCharges - was alsways deraming about that, the market was not full of such.

Mostly I was focusing on delve and challanges and collecting animals ;)

Hi there,

The build works out great. Just wondering how you reach around 2k mana pool?
I got same passive tree with you, and item-wise I did not notice any huge mana difference. I only got around 1k mana, but you got 2k, which allows you to run one more aura than me.. any idea what I miss?
Hi, great guide. I'm trialling it for Synthesis.

I've read lots of pages, but I can't find where you explain the order in which you build the passive tree. I'm sure it's there somewhere but I can't find it. Where do I head and why?

btw, I'm using your non-indigon version, as that is more realistic as a league start I think?
"
nal_tony wrote:
Hi there,

I got same passive tree with you, and item-wise I did not notice any huge mana difference. I only got around 1k mana, but you got 2k, which allows you to run one more aura than me.. any idea what I miss?

I am a bit confused? More Mana wouldn't make me able to run more Auras.

Auras (with the exception of clarity - which we do not run) reserve always a % of the Manapool. It does not matter how big the Manapool for Aurareservations.

If I would guess what makes the difference I would guess that it is propably the helmet enchant. Check the OP for which enchants and stuff work for us.
"
nal_tony wrote:
Hi there,

You're fighting mana RESERVE not total mana IMHO, I missed the 30% reduction in HELM, now I run with about 100 or so mana avail, you only need about 44 or so after reserve to function OK. AND YES, I finished the Uber lab second try (Sat lab was a nightmare from hell, Sunday easy :-) I'm now pushing red maps with a second curse active. I still default to my Mjolnir OCC for high level stuff since it trivializes most content, but this build is active and pretty fun.

I would NOT start-up Syn with this however as it needs many uniques, starting Syn I'd def go Storm Brand Inquisitor or Arc Witch (elemental) since we don't know yet how Bane OCC + soul rend is gonna work (maybe OK, but bossing is huge question)
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

I am a bit confused? More Mana wouldn't make me able to run more Auras.

Auras (with the exception of clarity - which we do not run) reserve always a % of the Manapool. It does not matter how big the Manapool for Aurareservations.

If I would guess what makes the difference I would guess that it is propably the helmet enchant. Check the OP for which enchants and stuff work for us.

Just checked your PoB, there was a different passive tree for indigon version which uses healthy mind jewel. In my case mana pool actually matters, 1000 mana pool gives me 30 unreserved mana, which does not function too well, but 2000 mana pool with 60 unreserved mana will function just fine.

Another question, why in your PoB the vertex version, there is a 170% increased cast speed modifier? I am confused where that comes from. Thanks again for your reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info