[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
TheEggman wrote:
I've been playin this build for a month now, tried all options, CI-incadecent heart, CI - 14 000es, normal build with cooldown boots and belt, normal with spider boots, call of the brotherhood rings, vertex, indigon, etc. I had currency so i tried, and all my tries die to syndicate in t15/t16 maps, no matter what i do. That being said its the fastest map clear i've played, and i am not an awesome player.

Yeah, see... This points to the fact that there might be another problem other then the character/build, right?

PoE has inherently some one-shot mechanics. Those are mechanics that are designed to not be survivable - no matter the build. U-Atziri Flameblast, a wombo-combo attack of Elder Iceicles+ShaperBalls+Slam in the UElder encounter and some other stuff comes to mind. (corpseexplosions etc)

Then there are encounters that are tough and deal heavy damage on their own - but can be further made more difficult by map-mods, delve modifiers or others such things - depending on the zone you are in. Aul with gnarly mods comes to mind - or some Syndicate Encounters in red+corrupted (or just simply with difficult mods) Maps.

To survive those it is never enough to just pump exalted and gear into a build - but you have to understand your build and the encounter.

Build understanding is important most often when it comes to understanding the kind of recovery you are able to do and your mitigations:

1. Recovery:
Is your recovery based on attacking enemies, killing enemies or is it passive? Requires it of you to block hits etc or not getting hit for a moment before your recovery comes into effect? Do Map mods effect one or more of your recovery types?

All those things are important to understand on how to approach an encoutner. A build that depends on ES rechargerate for example is very strong against slow hard hits - since its recovery can usually start before the next hit lands + those builds tend to have a lot of ES and other defenses that synergise with it. (My Chaos Cerberus build is one for example)

A Build like this here that recovers fast but has not the highest ES pool is strong vs most things - but really hard hits can punt it down hard and make it a challenge to get ES recovery going before the next hit lands since this build does not overleech or use passive regen. Both mechanics that would come into full effect immediatly. (barring mapmods etc of course)

The ES pool however is high enough to usually survive one hit - but you cant just stand there and take it. Take advantage of your mobility with lightningwarp. You can usually port out of all hard hits and deal decent damage before they can touch you. With time you will even be able to switch back; fire some balls off - switch back to the teleport again and be basically untouchable. If you do get hit your recovery mechanics have enough time to set in to be effective before the next hit lands if you do not just stand around.

2. Mitigation:
The other part you have to consider is your mitigation and the type of damage that will be hitting you. (Hit based attacks, spells, degen effects, bleeds etc) Are your mitigations compromised by mapmods, curses or other such things?

Physical damage is hard for this build to deal with - like most ES builds we have close to 0% physical mitigation. This will also make other mechanics dangerous that piggyback on high phys damage. Like XY %extra as Elemental Damage type mods.
We are fairly resistant to Elemental Damage - especially if you can run purities/Aul's. But at the very least we are as resistant to that type of damage as any other character with capped resists. But since potentially the phys damage that is about to hit us hits us hard - the resulting extra elemental damage will be comperativly higher as well. It will obviously get especially bad if you have a -% to our resists mod on the map or an enemies penetrate xy% of elemental damage.

Knowing how to counter that with the right flasks and correct positioning/playstyle is essential.

If you do not take either of those points into consideration - and run a map with ele weakness; 2x extra Ele damage and 25% more damage on it without trying to take advantage of your strengths you will get screwed so hard by the Syndicate most brothel owners will be jealous. ;)

People need to understand this. Otherwise each time you make a character you will get Mathil'd and feel like the character is not as good as advertised or think OP/the streamer is cheating, has some secret items going on or whatever it is you tell yourself before admiting that the problem might be a bit more on your side of the keyboard ^^'.

If you take a look at the posts about the deep delves (1k+) you will notice that everything I just said applies there as well. Delves where mobs could not be frozen/slowed got avoided outright on depth 600+ onward - Rare high ES chests where run without CI if Delves did not have Chaos Monsters (only fungal caverns and vaal cities can have those iirc), the respective Flasks for less Elemental Damage taken got always used when monsters dealt the respective damagetype; sometimes even a purity of that element got switched in etc.

I am fairly confident that this build comes very close to the 'hold one button down and braindead through the maps as quickly as possible' archetype as is possible while being a pretty good boss killer as well - but it is no invincible killing machine. Those do not exist in PoE. (or if they do they get -rightfully- nerfed)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Feb 16, 2019, 1:37:43 PM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
TheEggman wrote:
I've been playin this build for a month now, tried all options, CI-incadecent heart, CI - 14 000es, normal build with cooldown boots and belt, normal with spider boots, call of the brotherhood rings, vertex, indigon, etc. I had currency so i tried, and all my tries die to syndicate in t15/t16 maps, no matter what i do. That being said its the fastest map clear i've played, and i am not an awesome player.

Yeah, see... This points to the fact that there might be another problem other then the character/build, right?

PoE has inherently some one-shot mechanics. Those are mechanics that are designed to not be survivable - no matter the build. U-Atziri Flameblast, a wombo-combo attack of Elder Iceicles+ShaperBalls+Slam in the UElder encounter and some other stuff comes to mind. (corpseexplosions etc)

Then there are encounters that are tough and deal heavy damage on their own - but can be further made more difficult by map-mods, delve modifiers or others such things - depending on the zone you are in. Aul with gnarly mods comes to mind - or some Syndicate Encounters in red+corrupted (or just simply with difficult mods) Maps.

To survive those it is never enough to just pump exalted and gear into a build - but you have to understand your build and the encounter.

Build understanding is important most often when it comes to understanding the kind of recovery you are able to do and your mitigations:

1. Recovery:
Is your recovery based on attacking enemies, killing enemies or is it passive? Requires it of you to block hits etc or not getting hit for a moment before your recovery comes into effect? Do Map mods effect one or more of your recovery types?

All those things are important to understand on how to approach an encoutner. A build that depends on ES rechargerate for example is very strong against slow hard hits - since its recovery can usually start before the next hit lands + those builds tend to have a lot of ES and other defenses that synergise with it. (My Chaos Cerberus build is one for example)

A Build like this here that recovers fast but has not the highest ES pool is strong vs most things - but really hard hits can punt it down hard and make it a challenge to get ES recovery going before the next hit lands since this build does not overleech or use passive regen. Both mechanics that would come into full effect immediatly. (barring mapmods etc of course)

The ES pool however is high enough to usually survive one hit - but you cant just stand there and take it. Take advantage of your mobility with lightningwarp. You can usually port out of all hard hits and deal decent damage before they can touch you. With time you will even be able to switch back; fire some balls off - switch back to the teleport again and be basically untouchable. If you do get hit your recovery mechanics have enough time to set in to be effective before the next hit lands if you do not just stand around.

2. Mitigation:
The other part you have to consider is your mitigation and the type of damage that will be hitting you. (Hit based attacks, spells, degen effects, bleeds etc) Are your mitigations compromised by mapmods, curses or other such things?

Physical damage is hard for this build to deal with - like most ES builds we have close to 0% physical mitigation. This will also make other mechanics dangerous that piggyback on high phys damage. Like XY %extra as Elemental Damage type mods.
We are fairly resistant to Elemental Damage - especially if you can run purities/Aul's. But at the very least we are as resistant to that type of damage as any other character with capped resists. But since potentially the phys damage that is about to hit us hits us hard - the resulting extra elemental damage will be comperativly higher as well. It will obviously get especially bad if you have a -% to our resists mod on the map or an enemies penetrate xy% of elemental damage.

Knowing how to counter that with the right flasks and correct positioning/playstyle is essential.

If you do not take either of those points into consideration - and run a map with ele weakness; 2x extra Ele damage and 25% more damage on it without trying to take advantage of your strengths you will get screwed so hard by the Syndicate most brothel owners will be jealous. ;)

People need to understand this. Otherwise each time you make a character you will get Mathil'd and feel like the character is not as good as advertised or think OP/the streamer is cheating, has some secret items going on or whatever it is you tell yourself before admiting that the problem might be a bit more on your side of the keyboard ^^'.

If you take a look at the posts about the deep delves (1k+) you will notice that everything I just said applies there as well. Delves where mobs could not be frozen/slowed got avoided outright on depth 600+ onward - Rare high ES chests where run without CI if Delves did not have Chaos Monsters (only fungal caverns and vaal cities can have those iirc), the respective Flasks for less Elemental Damage taken got always used when monsters dealt the respective damagetype; sometimes even a purity of that element got switched in etc.

I am fairly confident that this build comes very close to the 'hold one button down and braindead through the maps as quickly as possible' archetype as is possible while being a pretty good boss killer as well - but it is no invincible killing machine. Those do not exist in PoE. (or if they do they get -rightfully- nerfed)

This !

Mate, I never posted anything, but after reading this, I had to.

Kudos.

I like the "learn how to play and stop bitching" message.

Cheers for the time putting the build and then replying to people as well.

Currently dying in delve 270 due to being insta killed by most encounters, any tips?

Edit: After playing for a bit and swapping some stuff around i was able to get to depth 310, limited by sulphite and killed corrupted hydra deathless.

Last edited by Wiizper on Feb 17, 2019, 5:02:33 PM
FUN BUILD!! I still have to get thru Uber lab and my ES is <7k but into high yellow maps = no huge issues. I do still get gibbed by Syndicate if I'm not VERY careful. Generally I do not like low life / ES builds and this has NOT changed my mind. Delve is 100% more tricky if you get caught in the dark, but PHASE RUN does HELP. The use of Ball lighting on WEP SWAP -cannot- be understated in value, it's absolutely critical IMHO. I have pretty GFG gear and it's still weak compared to dually Mjolnir. 'FUN', effective? - judgement waits for red maps (and once I complete Ascension)
"
Warpingarc wrote:
FUN BUILD!! I still have to get thru Uber lab and my ES is <7k but into high yellow maps = no huge issues. I do still get gibbed by Syndicate if I'm not VERY careful. Generally I do not like low life / ES builds and this has NOT changed my mind. Delve is 100% more tricky if you get caught in the dark, but PHASE RUN does HELP. The use of Ball lighting on WEP SWAP -cannot- be understated in value, it's absolutely critical IMHO. I have pretty GFG gear and it's still weak compared to dually Mjolnir. 'FUN', effective? - judgement waits for red maps (and once I complete Ascension)

Use a Vertex if you can't afford lv4 enlightens for the Indigon. You are following the wrong tree for the Indigon anyhow.

Skyforth are a bad choice - with Vile Bastion you have up to 30% regen - which you totally cripple with Skyforth.

Dark Arts and its attackspeed nodes are totally unneeded. I think you are very much overcapped on AttackSpeed. - Put Quality on your Culling Strike Support and the rest of your green gems that do not have yet 20% Quality if you are not already capped (which I doubt). Use the free TalentPoints to path toward the Celestial Nodes.
"
Wiizper wrote:
*snip*

Edit: After playing for a bit and swapping some stuff around i was able to get to depth 310, limited by sulphite and killed corrupted hydra deathless.

Well there you go. Now you can farm more Sulphite and go deeper. :) (If you want)
edit
Last edited by d3viant6 on Feb 18, 2019, 2:28:07 PM
hey man, I went VERTEX for now, AND I am totally surprised you can run this with basically zero mana, AND I had to use mana% reduction jewels to get to 41 mana for frenzy and 43 mana available, but I feel my 69% resists are not good at all. I have no idea how to keep mana enough for frenzy. Kinda distraught over this ATM, any advice is appreciated
Last edited by Warpingarc on Feb 18, 2019, 8:04:54 PM
"
Warpingarc wrote:
hey man, I went VERTEX for now, AND I am totally surprised you can run this with basically zero mana, AND I had to use mana% reduction jewels to get to 41 mana for frenzy and 43 mana available, but I feel my 69% resists are not good at all. I have no idea how to keep mana enough for frenzy. Kinda distraught over this ATM, any advice is appreciated

No wonders, you are running 3 mana auras without helmet enchant, just drop either Arctic Armour or Herald of Thunder until you had the enchant if you can't keep with 43 mana for frenzy.

I can do Shaper, Uber Elder, Guardians and Elder Guardians on rippy map mods with just 44 mana, no lvl4 enlighten in my gloves, Warlord Mark cover all the mana issues for me.
Drop Vinktar or Sorrow and go for a Stibnite flask, you can tank Minotaur while soaking the boulders.

You could dish the initial spell damage from the witch path and put those points in hearth and soul and arcane mind(this way you can fill up your resist with jewels), drop the healthy mind an put a energy from within to raise your ES even further with cruel preparation hearth and soul. I'm planning to get essence surge and drop Arcane mind for when I get my enchant, also I'm running a triple curse (ele weaks on glove, warlord and either enfeeble or temporal chains)when I dont go MF
"
caladblog wrote:
"
Warpingarc wrote:

No wonders, you are running 3 mana auras without helmet enchant, just drop either Arctic Armour or Herald of Thunder until you had the enchant if you can't keep with 43 mana for frenzy.

I can do Shaper, Uber Elder, Guardians and Elder Guardians on rippy map mods with just 44 mana, no lvl4 enlighten in my gloves, Warlord Mark cover all the mana issues for me.
Drop Vinktar or Sorrow and go for a Stibnite flask, you can tank Minotaur while soaking the boulders.

You could dish the initial spell damage from the witch path and put those points in hearth and soul and arcane mind(this way you can fill up your resist with jewels), drop the healthy mind an put a energy from within to raise your ES even further with cruel preparation hearth and soul. I'm planning to get essence surge and drop Arcane mind for when I get my enchant, also I'm running a triple curse (ele weaks on glove, warlord and either enfeeble or temporal chains)when I dont go MF

those changes did next to nothing; ES is still only 6500... really kinda fed up with this build, very squishy. Can you take one last look before I give up for good? I died to T10 maps toooo easy.
Last edited by Warpingarc on Feb 20, 2019, 6:38:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info