[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Biggest reason to play this was how smooth it was to warp around killing everything. Now not only teleports will feel clunky, but Arc will kill stuff in a lot smaller range. This build (and other variants of poets arc) will still be viable, but it's not going to feel nowhere as good. Real shame. Op you say there will still be dmg, I agree, but damage is worthless if build feels bad to play.
Well, the nerf is bad but not horrible or rip. Warp is still "fine" a bit slow now but lightning ball got the worst part since you launch the balls with a pause between them. The talent tree is freaking strong for a witch build and I trying to take attack speed nodes (My guess is take a couple and use jewels with lightning damage, attack speed and resist)

The changes to poet's pen benefit Raiders builds since they can geta shitton of AS
Last edited by caladblog on Mar 8, 2019, 4:13:15 PM
While nerf to dps is managable, warping around feels awful. I've tried swapping barrage but it made it even worse, teleporting became completely random, sometimes teleporting few times in row, sometimes not few times in row. Most fun part of the build, lw/arc is dead.

Might as well just go storm brand now, if you max out brand recall, and get a lot of movement speed, then playstyle is very similar, while being much safer on bosses.

Update many leagues later if someone even remembers this thread:
Good news. Introduction of spellslinger have resurrected the Arc/LW build in a way. There are multiple ways of playing it, both with Poet's and using spellslinger for just lightning warp, or without, and using spellslinger for everything. I wouldn't go occultist anymore with all the nerfs since, thought it can probably still work, most likely Assassin with Inpulsa/explody chest. There are a lot of options at any case, and I'm glad that this build archetype is an option again.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jul 15, 2020, 7:02:53 AM
RIP for the build. This build has been nerfed every league after it came out, now it's time to say goodbye.
OP we will remember you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info