[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
sp6m3n44 wrote:
Hey Demi, what's your opinion on removing the +max frenzy charges ? Ty :)

up to you, i like the damage and attack speed
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Hey all ,

im lvl 94 now got 54k dmg in HO , killed Uberelder. Ill post my Items after im back home. my gear is far from perfect but atm i can handle all content. the only thing about this build that upsets me is the trap throwing speed , and the time till the traps trigger. Any way to shorten that?

atm i cant craft any suffix to my items.
"
Gondalen wrote:
Hey all ,

im lvl 94 now got 54k dmg in HO , killed Uberelder. Ill post my Items after im back home. my gear is far from perfect but atm i can handle all content. the only thing about this build that upsets me is the trap throwing speed , and the time till the traps trigger. Any way to shorten that?

atm i cant craft any suffix to my items.

jewels and master crafts is the only wayt to get more throwing speed
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Hi there all, thanks for the build its quite similiar to what I played last league (arc mines) but I cant figure out how to improve my survivability, still getting oneshoted (i do have like 5100HP and capped resistances) trying to have phys red. flask up all the times.I do struggle with fortify sometimes (shield charge) Main issue are t16 maps, seems like I dont have enough damage nor can survive long enough to sustain dmg.

My gear:

using flask (HP,wise oak, phys reduction, lucky crit, quicksilver)
pastebin: https://pastebin.com/4trxYCmF

I do have like 3exalts to upgrade.
if anyone could help I would by glad.
Hello and thanks for the guide. I've been playing this as my league starter in SSC and having a blast. I've killed uber elder last night (first set, had a few deaths but they could've been avoided).

One thing that worked really well for me was to swap the Pierce gem for Increased Critical Strike and use the +3 targets pierced helm enchant instead. We lose the 10% pen enchant and one pierce target but that hardly is felt on clearspeed and the damage bonus from this is huge. I'm close to 70% crit chance.

Another thing that I want to try in the future is to get a pair of boots with an open prefix and put cannot be frozen on them. If I do that, I can swap out my diamond flask of heat (crit chance is already insanely high) for Atziri's Promise for that sweet added chaos.

I have a question regarding Unnatural Instinct, do you feel like it's worth 7 passive points for what it gives? I am currently level 94 and using it but I think except for the added life, the damage could be higher from allocating those passives elsewhere.

Also, you've dropped Shimmeron as a choice for not allowing Shield Charge. I'm not using Shield Charge because I personally find it clunky and with 35% ms boots and adrenaline quicksilver flask the movement speed is already insane. If I swap one of the frenzy charges for an extra power charge from the tree, would it be better than a multimodded scepter?

Thanks!
"
Codrat wrote:
Hello and thanks for the guide. I've been playing this as my league starter in SSC and having a blast. I've killed uber elder last night (first set, had a few deaths but they could've been avoided).

One thing that worked really well for me was to swap the Pierce gem for Increased Critical Strike and use the +3 targets pierced helm enchant instead. We lose the 10% pen enchant and one pierce target but that hardly is felt on clearspeed and the damage bonus from this is huge. I'm close to 70% crit chance.

Another thing that I want to try in the future is to get a pair of boots with an open prefix and put cannot be frozen on them. If I do that, I can swap out my diamond flask of heat (crit chance is already insanely high) for Atziri's Promise for that sweet added chaos.

I have a question regarding Unnatural Instinct, do you feel like it's worth 7 passive points for what it gives? I am currently level 94 and using it but I think except for the added life, the damage could be higher from allocating those passives elsewhere.

Also, you've dropped Shimmeron as a choice for not allowing Shield Charge. I'm not using Shield Charge because I personally find it clunky and with 35% ms boots and adrenaline quicksilver flask the movement speed is already insane. If I swap one of the frenzy charges for an extra power charge from the tree, would it be better than a multimodded scepter?

Thanks!

Frenzy charges for this build are clunky, especially if you're using a Shimmeron (or 2 in my instance). Your regen and recovery from tinkerskin covers your dot damage you take and even on no-regen maps you just carefully use a bubbling flask and your recovery from trap trigger. (I don't use chain reaction because trap trigger radius is better than that clunky ascendancy to maintain frenzy and power charges).

Unnatural instinct is also overrated for the travel regarding 7 points to get there. For the same 7 points to get there I could get 2 jewel nodes and get more crit multi and life from those 2 jewel nodes than the unnatural instinct costs by a significant margin (at least 5ex in savings...or if you're using the same costs as an unnatural instinct I could get phenomenal jewels in those slots).
"
"
Codrat wrote:

Thanks!

Frenzy charges for this build are clunky, especially if you're using a Shimmeron (or 2 in my instance). Your regen and recovery from tinkerskin covers your dot damage you take and even on no-regen maps you just carefully use a bubbling flask and your recovery from trap trigger. (I don't use chain reaction because trap trigger radius is better than that clunky ascendancy to maintain frenzy and power charges).

Unnatural instinct is also overrated for the travel regarding 7 points to get there. For the same 7 points to get there I could get 2 jewel nodes and get more crit multi and life from those 2 jewel nodes than the unnatural instinct costs by a significant margin (at least 5ex in savings...or if you're using the same costs as an unnatural instinct I could get phenomenal jewels in those slots).

Where is that node (unnatural instinct) even located?? I can't find it.
Good day,

Thanks Demi for a great guide. Having a blast (pun not intended) using Ice Trap. I will be the first to admit that Lightning Trap is better (I have played both, shock is simply better offensively than froze), but my last full league was LT so I went back to this.

I also played Ice Trap before the nerf to cluster / multi and you can definitely tell the difference from back then.

I have two questions, and if someone could answer I would be thankful:
1. Please check my passive tree and tell me how wrong I am :). Ice Trap requires some investment in area of effect, so there are a few differences between the "stock" template and mine. Biggest issue I have is getting life. Damage feels fine for now (using Ice Trap - Cluster - Added Chaos - Cold Pen - Trap+Mine Dmg) and I plan on getting the crit wheel NE of Witch.

2. When is the right time to switch to Eldritch Battery? When I built a CI witch several leagues ago, there is a point where you just "know" its the right move to make. With a Shadow that has life issues, the decision isn't as clear. Moving ES to the Mana side would cost me about 30-35% of my health pool, and while it comes with obvious benefits I am unsure if they make up for that kind of loss.

All in all a really great guide (good videos as well) and I plan on playing this for multiple leagues. Thanks everyone for their suggestions.
"
Codrat wrote:

Where is that node (unnatural instinct) even located?? I can't find it.

Unnatural instinct is a unique jewel you place to the right of the scion starting wheel that grants you unallocated passives.
Sorry if it's already been asked and answered.

Chain Reaction Ascendency - Does it work properly with the Tinkerskin? A trapper player I know says it doesn't, but Demi who's clearly no amateur has it chosen.
Confirmation would be greatly valued.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info