[3.8] Demi's Infinite Tinkerer, the Lightning Trap Saboteur (EVERYTHING/BUDGET VIABLE)

"
pfr2205 wrote:
Hi there all, thanks for the build its quite similiar to what I played last league (arc mines) but I cant figure out how to improve my survivability, still getting oneshoted (i do have like 5100HP and capped resistances) trying to have phys red. flask up all the times.I do struggle with fortify sometimes (shield charge) Main issue are t16 maps, seems like I dont have enough damage nor can survive long enough to sustain dmg.

Damagewise I think the build is good, but it feels just too squishy, even more so than other miner,trapper builds I played.

Honestly I'm thinking of switching to mom, and going with essence worm+clear mind jewel. For that extra bit of survivability towards end game.

For now I'm just farming currency as my build needs some adjustments.

Edit. Yup, much better, in any case for me, switching to mom, the damage went down a bit, but I still clear T15 maps decently enough and the oneshots went from often to very rare. Even with my crap gear I have 5K hp+1500 mana. Delving became easier, and boss fights became less dangerous. I still have a lot of work to do on my gear, but for now this feels a lot better, less punishing to the casuals like myself.
Last edited by Nosferat on Mar 21, 2019, 1:57:39 PM
"
Chain Reaction Ascendency - Does it work properly with the Tinkerskin? A trapper player I know says it doesn't, but Demi who's clearly no amateur has it chosen.
Confirmation would be greatly valued.

AFAICT we use chain reaction with LT as that way once one trap is triggered the traps that missed due to multi-trap go off too, covering the screen in LT projectiles. Otherwise many traps would not trigger until their timer ran out as opposed to enemy trigger.

As long as we can either pre-load damage by dropping a ton of traps or can quickly back away from a bad situation (dropping traps as we go) the life and ES on trigger is not too important. It does help when throwing traps repeatedly on a boss as each is triggered as it hits.
"
TekTrixter wrote:
"
Chain Reaction Ascendency - Does it work properly with the Tinkerskin? A trapper player I know says it doesn't, but Demi who's clearly no amateur has it chosen.

AFAICT we use chain reaction with LT as that way once one trap is triggered the traps that missed due to multi-trap go off too, covering the screen in LT projectiles. Otherwise many traps would not trigger until their timer ran out as opposed to enemy trigger.

As long as we can either pre-load damage by dropping a ton of traps or can quickly back away from a bad situation (dropping traps as we go) the life and ES on trigger is not too important. It does help when throwing traps repeatedly on a boss as each is triggered as it hits.

OK, so it's of particular benefit to Lightning Traps, what about with Ice Traps which work a little differently not being projectile based? Sorry for what's probably a dumb n00b question, this is my 1st trapper and I've only played since late Delve.
I find the ice trap projectiles a bit much on screen and I quite like Ice traps. I'm prepared to swap if LT's are clearly superior (again advice appreciated).

Thanks
Hey man! Thanks for your build! I started playing PoE since Abyss league and was not able to kill Shaper with any characters until i made a lightning trapper following some of your tips. As you kindly asked i can pastebin my version with WAY worse gear than yours https://pastebin.com/vTxT3r2Z.

Cheers!
"
Codrat wrote:

Also, you've dropped Shimmeron as a choice for not allowing Shield Charge. I'm not using Shield Charge because I personally find it clunky and with 35% ms boots and adrenaline quicksilver flask the movement speed is already insane. If I swap one of the frenzy charges for an extra power charge from the tree, would it be better than a multimodded scepter?

Thanks!

i'm also wondering this
hello im new, on the build. So far this is my gear but i wanna improve more, what should i do?
Last edited by Bgore on Mar 21, 2019, 2:06:29 PM
"
Webl3y wrote:
Sorry if it's already been asked and answered.

It does not work properly with tinkerskin. You need ~224% trap trigger radius (the 170 easily off the tree and a 54%+ jewel) to trigger all your traps reliably on normal sized enemies and to proc power/frenzy/tinkerskin generation and recovery. Honestly chain reaction is a waste and if you get that you're much better picking up the ele penetration node.
"
"
Codrat wrote:

Also, you've dropped Shimmeron as a choice for not allowing Shield Charge. I'm not using Shield Charge because I personally find it clunky and with 35% ms boots and adrenaline quicksilver flask the movement speed is already insane. If I swap one of the frenzy charges for an extra power charge from the tree, would it be better than a multimodded scepter?

Thanks!

i'm also wondering this

Yes. Frenzy charges in this build are simply 4% more damage and kind of a waste comparatively to power charges if you're using shimmeron(s).
"
"
Webl3y wrote:
Sorry if it's already been asked and answered.

It does not work properly with tinkerskin. You need ~224% trap trigger radius (the 170 easily off the tree and a 54%+ jewel) to trigger all your traps reliably on normal sized enemies and to proc power/frenzy/tinkerskin generation and recovery. Honestly chain reaction is a waste and if you get that you're much better picking up the ele penetration node.

Very interesting thanks and it's a finer point of trapper builds that I had no idea about. As a new player it really helps when people explain in detail like that, I appreciate it.
Is this build HC viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info