[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
junaum wrote:

Poisonous Fangs (extreme right to the shadow area). Are you using a different skill tree - if so, would you mind sharing it?

leave int node + the 2 for reach poisonous fang and go for "Strong arm" (left of the tree) something like 30k more dps but "tutti i gusti son gusti"

look at my char and so u can see my build or import it on PoB
Last edited by Beskaius on Nov 11, 2018, 3:03:15 AM
"
zorker wrote:
If you hit like a truck why whould you ignore Herald of Ash overkill?

I would run Hatred, Purity and Ash with Enlighten with that setup for sure. Damage affects your life leech rating. More damage = more instant leech.

Imo there is no point in going Ancenstral Call and Melee splash if you can just use HoA.

With the setup posted by OP, a cleared up skill tree and Abyssus 8.5m shaper dps is what I am seeing right now.

p.s. Not sure why you would not use Perseverance with permanent Fortify.
We do a lot of damage, but our individual hits are not that hard. The combination of double strike + multistrike means we're hitting 6 times every click, and we attack over 4 times per second. That means we're dividing our DPS into around 25 individual hits each second...not so great for HoA =/. The bleedsplosions from haemos was significantly better clearing potential, but still didn't feel good without ancestral call + melee splash. We have enough damage that increasing our coverage makes clearing go a lot smoother.

Abyssus is a pretty sick item, and I even mention going full deeps with it in the guide, but personally I don't like the added one shot potential from the less life and phys damage inc, as we're currently well out of range otherwise. Also it makes blood rage pretty annoying, and you kind of have to swap it out for labs. I don't use perseverance because it's barely more damage than a good stygian+jewel, but costs me almost 400 life. It's not bad on a budget, but end game I'm not gonna trade 383 life for 3.8% dps. If you want dem deeps though it's the right choice I suppose, but I feel like making sure you have top tier life on your belt to make up for abyssus not having any is a more balanced choice.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
There were a lot of questions about if this is a viable league starter build, so here is a answer from me.
I am a complete noob at this game,I played a summoner that was so squishy she died from enemy glances and the AI sometimes did the most retarded things. Crit inquisitor was a more or less success, great clear but the bosses were a chore. My latest attempt was the Enki Arc Witch. Again great clear, bosses are a pain.

And a few days ago I started this. I played him as a league starter, no starter uniques or stuff that I already accumulated, to test it and it was delightfull. Until I found a 4 link, used frost blade for packs, after that Double strike, poison support, melee splash, ancestor call and never looked back. Yeah we dont kill with pretty explosions and super fast, but THIS beauty of a character is way waaaaaaaaaay more sustainable. I wish didnt go full "I are stupid" and remembered to switch ancestral and splash for melee and maim support for bosses.
Even than a lot of boss attacks I was able leach back, and I just stood there whaling air like a crazy person, thinking "Yup, on december 7, if this isnt getting nerfed to the ground, I am playing this."

Conclusion:
If you like me can occasionally go "I are retadr", not a fan of constantoy running around like a chicken on hot coals, dodging around every boss attck like a monkey and you are not one of those super speedy power levelers. Than yes, this build is a good league starter.
Yes it has a bit slow start, but once you get that 4link, oh baby.

Only thing that I would change is that you should grab the HP nods on path, the 50 one is more towards experienced players, since it goes directly to claw support. Grab golem blood and other HP nods, and the early leech nods, they seriously help.

And you will be fine, really fine.
Last edited by ArcaneMagician on Nov 12, 2018, 8:01:32 AM
Since I am noob and can´t lvl to 68 and uberlab without dying. I'm thinking of going for the fortify branch first then worty foe. Is that a good ide?

Plus i managed to corrupt elemental weakness on gloves. Is that crap or useable?

(I play HC)
Last edited by zj0ckez on Nov 12, 2018, 9:08:40 AM
I've been playing this particular build for the last few days. It's good, and I managed to kill my first Shaper in roughly 5 minutes (full run including 4 minibosses) and Elder in about the same time. Pretty unfamiliar with the mechanics of each fight, so I guess that says a lot for the build.

That being said, I decided to give up Blood Magic in lieu of damage auras (Hatred, Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity) for a massive DPS boost, but I'm NOWEHERE near 2 million DPS, even with Loreweave. I'm capped at about 7.3k life at level 90, facetanked Shaper balls, beam, and slam, and have the DPS to do all content. But I'd like to min/max. Could someone take a look and tell me what I should be looking for?

"
"
CharlesPlays wrote:
I've been playing this particular build for the last few days. It's good, and I managed to kill my first Shaper in roughly 5 minutes (full run including 4 minibosses) and Elder in about the same time. Pretty unfamiliar with the mechanics of each fight, so I guess that says a lot for the build.

That being said, I decided to give up Blood Magic in lieu of damage auras (Hatred, Herald of Ash, Herald of Purity) for a massive DPS boost, but I'm NOWEHERE near 2 million DPS, even with Loreweave. I'm capped at about 7.3k life at level 90, facetanked Shaper balls, beam, and slam, and have the DPS to do all content. But I'd like to min/max. Could someone take a look and tell me what I should be looking for?

"

When trying to get halfway realistic dps values:
- uncheck phase run - this 30% more is up only very short
- All flasks on is not for a realistic shaper / uber elder fight - at least not when you are under 3 million dps. You have only 2 bursts with all flasks on, after this you need adds or a town portal to get new charges and are thrown back to no charges - and no frenzy charges, the first trigger of phase run "eats" them all.
"
Llyrain wrote:
"
CharlesPlays wrote:

"

When trying to get halfway realistic dps values:
- uncheck phase run - this 30% more is up only very short
- All flasks on is not for a realistic shaper / uber elder fight - at least not when you are under 3 million dps. You have only 2 bursts with all flasks on, after this you need adds or a town portal to get new charges and are thrown back to no charges - and no frenzy charges, the first trigger of phase run "eats" them all.

Right, that's pretty much my main question here. I'm not sure how to even approach hitting 2m DPS when I'm only at 1m DPS with all Flasks, Phase Run etc. Any ideas?
"
CharlesPlays wrote:

Right, that's pretty much my main question here. I'm not sure how to even approach hitting 2m DPS when I'm only at 1m DPS with all Flasks, Phase Run etc. Any ideas?

pob on my char (2.7kk atm) and if u want to see my single targhet dps too switch melee splash and ancestral call elemental damage with attack + added fire dmg
Last edited by Beskaius on Nov 13, 2018, 4:06:56 AM
I made the char and am at level 82 right now. And you are right about Ancestral Call and Splash. The map clear with both is insane and I love it. Vaal Double Strike is more than enough to kill any map bosses in that setup but I am at T7 maps only atm.

Currently running Arctic Armour. I want to run HoA, HoP and Hatred but to do that I need an Enlighten 3 gem. Shaper dps will should be at around 1.2mil with level 19 gems. That is in pure melee dmg setup.

https://pastebin.com/xw0SzhJD

Ashrend would be actually a pretty sick armour. Sadly the coloring is nearly impossible. The ilvl 86 elder chests are super expensive I doubt that is going to happed.
Do you take Vaal pact in this build or no? wouldn't the stats be super beneficial for this build or no?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info