[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

The build is performing very nicely, but I still can't get near the 9k life pool.

I even went with the "Max Defenses" Skill tree (which improved the life pool, but not above 7.2k life). I've runned some tests on Poe Planner, replacing rings with max life versions and replacing belly with max life rare body armor - ended up near 7.4k, so not a great improvement.

If you guys have the time to, please check my Cobra_Fumante character in standard.

nice build !
Give me a fuckin beta already fss..
I get that Ancestral Call is pretty good But I just gained like 13k dps by replacing it with my freshly Vaaled 20% lvl 4 empower.. going to be a huge single target improvement and I jumped up to 817k shaper dps fully buffed.

And Im also feeling like the life just isnt really there on this build. Im gonna do a bit of tinkering with armour to see what I can do, But Im also sitting at 7.2k.
"
I get that Ancestral Call is pretty good But I just gained like 13k dps by replacing it with my freshly Vaaled 20% lvl 4 empower.. going to be a huge single target improvement and I jumped up to 817k shaper dps fully buffed.

And Im also feeling like the life just isnt really there on this build. Im gonna do a bit of tinkering with armour to see what I can do, But Im also sitting at 7.2k.

Ancestral call is a clearing tool and gives some utility in the form of range, you should swap it out in those boss encounters yes, but for Ruthless or damage on full life I'd say.

I was on 7.1k life with room to improve my gear with a TABULA on, I just now today upgraded to a chest I crafted myself, bumped me up to 8k. I still have room to improve the gear, and I'm also running the aura variation that doesn't use blood magic, gains slightly less life % but uses purity auras to make up for resistances. If I perfect my gear (which I might do now just to see how far I can push it), I'd sdrop the purities, gain some more life and add hatred + herald of purity. I also have yet to get good jewels, which will give me another couple of hundred life.
"
Boristhesexy wrote:
So, just a question about the champion ascendancy choices; if I were to take out maim support for a lvl 20 fortify support, then forego the fortitude passive for inspiration, would this not equal more flat damage output? Or am I missing something here?
So maim is actually like 44% MORE damage because it has two different multipliers on it, one of them can also affect allies! You can make up 14% by putting maim on leap slam or your totem, but maim at 30% is still decent, plus you have to make sure your target is getting maimed all the time, which was in my practice not ideal for quick bossing. Inspirational on the other hand is like...35% increased damage, so about 5% more, and fortify is 44% increased, so only 6.5% more, definitely losing a lot of damage. You CAN get more damage by dropping fortify (and putting it in leap slam, not your main attack), and taking First to Strike, Last to Fall...but that's a pain to trigger for reasons I go into on the guide, so I chose not.

"
bustart wrote:
i dont know... maybe im stupid.what the heck.
i spent quite some currency but im no where near satisfying stats yet.
800k damage with ancestral call and no auras.. how did you do that?! --
i really struggle to even get 150k with using HoP and hatred auras.

i also tried several setups with the tree. but none of them brought me close to a nice damage output.

any help is much appreciated.

(also somebody confirming me that they never got close to 500k dmg with this build to make me fell less stupid :) )

and yeah i dont have the last ascendancy but that will boost me 300k damage?! not really.

https://pastebin.com/uCHm643c

Oh boy, you have made a cascade of small errors leading to some damage problems. First of all, I tried to indicate that everyone should rush Worthy Foe ascendancy by listing the ascendancies in order of importance, and talking up how broken Worthy Foe actually is. It's 30% more damage if your near acc cap, if your accuracy is bad it's like over 50% more damage, like in your case.

Secondly, your PoB configuration doesn't have anything checked, but your damage relies on those effects, and you are applying them. You use frenzy charges, you have taunted recently, the enemy is bleeding, the enemy is maimed, and the enemy is taunted (that last one won't show up as an option until you take Worthy Foe). Also set the enemy type to shaper since that's the fairest way to not unfairly weight elemental damage considering how many rares and stuff have ele res. The enemy being bleeding is how we get the crazy bonus phys damage from Double Strike itself, so that one is the biggest one.

Lastly, you should read my flask section closely, as in Path of Exile flasks are a deceptively HUGE deal on almost all builds. A diamond flask is literally free and is 25% MORE damage. It's honestly broken. Taste of Hate and/or Sin's Rebirth will also add a bit of damage and survivability. Also, use Vaal Ancestral Warchief and put Frost Bomb on a CWDT setup, as they're a crap ton more damage and always up against tough targets.

With all those changes you'll see something like 600k in PoB with your gear. The rest is a lot of fine tuning like jewels, helm enchant, corruptions, a new damage chest like loreweave or elder crit, and jewelry. That stuff is all expensive though, where as the first 3 waves of fixes are basically free. You will be happily face-tanking content in no time!
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
junaum wrote:
The build is performing very nicely, but I still can't get near the 9k life pool.

I even went with the "Max Defenses" Skill tree (which improved the life pool, but not above 7.2k life). I've runned some tests on Poe Planner, replacing rings with max life versions and replacing belly with max life rare body armor - ended up near 7.4k, so not a great improvement.

If you guys have the time to, please check my Cobra_Fumante character in standard.

Yeah, there is a little unfairness in that my gear is absolutely ridiculously well tuned for life bonuses. My amulet and chest have a crazy amount (remember 50 str is 25 flat life), and my rings both have t1 flat AND 5% life, which was only available during incursion, AND either t2 str or life implicit. Also those stats are the original blood magic version, as the new purities version with that exact same gear only has like 8.7k. Also that character is level 95, and when you have that much flat life and every level is some more flat life from innate level bonus, plus another 4% life node...that's a lot of life per level.

Your character is missing some life nodes, some jewel sockets, some levels, has less life on all your jewelry. Also your skill tree has a few oddities in it, as the starting marauder node of life and armor node isn't that good, and Path of the Warrior/Heart of Oak are pretty good...but not as good as jewels or all the dangling life nodes you have (duelist start, herbalism cluster, revenge of the hunted cluster). For reference, this is the level 95 tree I'm using in my purities build. With the purities version, I think 8k is a very reasonable goal without buying stupidly tuned life gear, and you aren't too far off. Just be patient!

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"

Ancestral call is a clearing tool and gives some utility in the form of range, you should swap it out in those boss encounters yes, but for Ruthless or damage on full life I'd say.

I was on 7.1k life with room to improve my gear with a TABULA on, I just now today upgraded to a chest I crafted myself, bumped me up to 8k. I still have room to improve the gear, and I'm also running the aura variation that doesn't use blood magic, gains slightly less life % but uses purity auras to make up for resistances. If I perfect my gear (which I might do now just to see how far I can push it), I'd sdrop the purities, gain some more life and add hatred + herald of purity. I also have yet to get good jewels, which will give me another couple of hundred life.
Uhh...yeah, basically what he said, plus my response above detailing some of my unfairness.
Do you think using a non rapier stat stick (scepter, axe, etc) for this build would be worth it if I have a stat stick that has extra phys added as cold/fire on the scepters or is it better to use the 35% rapier even if it doesn't have those stats and only crit stats?
"
zantsurai wrote:
Do you think using a non rapier stat stick (scepter, axe, etc) for this build would be worth it if I have a stat stick that has extra phys added as cold/fire on the scepters or is it better to use the 35% rapier even if it doesn't have those stats and only crit stats?
I would check Path of Building to be sure, but generally speaking the 35% crit multi implicit is about as valuable as one "phys added as element" roll for a loose comparison.
I am willing to play this build in standard, but I am waiting for 3.5 at the moment as you mentioned earlier that stat sticks might be nerfed when patch 3.5 hits. I don't have that many currency, so I am not willing to take the risk to make a poor investment.

If this happens, what offhand will you use? And will (and how?)this affect your build?

Thank you for your reply.
First of all - a big thankyou, as this inspires me for next league as starter build :) Let's see what the patchnotes will bring, but it looks overall very solid and my tests on standard are quite fine.

One questions occurs to me: What adjustments would you suggest to do uber lab running (at the start of the league).

Here some humble thoughts: Use soul of Ralakesh, priorize regen, armor and any phys. dmg reduction, drop blood rage, use a granite flask, lions road and maybe witchfire.

Whats about Ambu's Charge (https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ambu%27s_Charge), should be cheap at league start - maybe add some Enduring Cry for End-Charges? Using Bloodgrip as amu (even more regen)?

Perseverance Belt for some extra movement speed?

Edit: Replacing Golem for Stone Golem?

And finally 2nd weapon slot so you can use leap slam?

What way would you take - or do I missing anything obvious here?
Last edited by diamin15 on Nov 24, 2018, 8:37:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info