[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Hi, guys.
After a bit of juggling with gear, I've figured a way to maximize crit chance using a slightly different approach.

This is my current setup:
Spoiler

The key idea is to replace Haemophilia with Vulnerability curse. Basic Vulnerability gives 20% chance to cause bleed on hit along with a fairly nice damage debuff and maim chance.

You can have that as a corrupt on any gloves. Another way to get Vulnerability is Impresence amulet which lets you run curse as an aura for free with the extra benefit of 10% increased curse efficiency from quality of your Blasphemy support gem.

One way to utilize freed gloves slot is to run Oskarm with its awesome Assassin's Mark on hit and 2% crit chance per 200 accuracy. This second curse gives 3 power charges for the most content including Delve, 8 percent points of critical chance (which ignores 95% hard cap!!!) and 20% crit multi.

As a price, you will have to dedicate a slot to an item with additional curse. This can be Windshriek, Doedre's ring or a corrupted amulet.
I respec'd my skill tree back to the Blood Magic version and the difference was 80% more Total DPS in favor of the Hatred/HOA/HOP at the expense of 14% less life.
I have always wondered why no ds build ever uses a soul ripper flask to maximize vaal ds damage and uptime. is it just not worth it? I would much rather use it over lion's roar except for immovable bosses. thoughts?
ign: PhrozenFlame
I personally wouldn't pay 22 ex for that flask. IMO, Its not worth it.
"
Kazm0t wrote:

that's valid, but what if price was not a factor?
ign: PhrozenFlame
"
cocomoloco wrote:
"
Kazm0t wrote:

that's valid, but what if price was not a factor?

Then, I would give it a shot. Since I havent owned one, I can't tell you how it would perform.
Just an update for those who want to run auras. You can use Essence Worm Unset Ring to use Hatred or other auras. You can only use one though. This is good if you only want to use aura to get the bonus from Watcher's Eye without removing Blood Magic. It's just problematic on Res distribution.
"
Kazm0t wrote:
I respec'd my skill tree back to the Blood Magic version and the difference was 80% more Total DPS in favor of the Hatred/HOA/HOP at the expense of 14% less life.

Are you sure about 80% more damage? +36% extra physical damage as elemental is good but not that good.
"
DareDog wrote:
"
Kazm0t wrote:

Are you sure about 80% more damage? +36% extra physical damage as elemental is good but not that good.

Don't just add the damage from the auras. You have to take into account the damage nodes from the skills available after you spec'd out of BM. You should also add the bonus damage from watcher's eye jewel. You can get 2 bonus buffs for running hatred on WE.
"
Kazm0t wrote:

Don't just add the damage from the auras. You have to take into account the damage nodes from the skills available after you spec'd out of BM. You should also add the bonus damage from watcher's eye jewel. You can get 2 bonus buffs for running hatred on WE.

Add a triple Hatred Watcher's Eye if you have to. I still don't see how you managed to nearly double the damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info