[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
Wonkie wrote:
I really hate not having a skill like leap slam or lightning warp next to whirling blades. Is this bypassable?
Well you can use a secondary movement skill for gaps and ledges, but there aren't any good options. Leap slam can't be used with claws, flame dash is terrible without cast speed, charged dash requires movement speed and we ditch it since whirling blades, and lightning warp requires cast speed AND movement speed AND a reduced duration gem to be not garbage. Basically you can charged dash or flame dash very slowly, which is ok if you only need it occasionally, but if you want it to be fast you'll have to use a quicksilver and then go with charged dash.

I do need it occasionally, but I really hate those slow casts too, ah well.
I might give it a go.

"
Beskaius wrote:
"
Wonkie wrote:
I really hate not having a skill like leap slam or lightning warp next to whirling blades. Is this bypassable?

wear this in your weapon swap then fast press X jump and press x again :P

Yeah I was thinking also like this. You just have to make sure you do not put aura's or anything in those gems slot.

edit: i just tried out charge dash and I actually really like the spell lol. It looks cool, feels nice and I will use it only occasionally. I move around with whirling blades + speed pot, and for the really annoying corners, ridges, stairs or whatever I am going to use charged dash :)
Last edited by Wonkie on Oct 4, 2018, 3:03:24 PM
hallo! What you do with AOE/Single setup? I mean Elder/Shaper/Chimera fights. We need aoe for trash but still need strong single.
IGN: Javana
Hey dude i have another question,

i saw Farrul's Pounce grants some good damage against bleeding enemies too and they grants always bleed. are they good if u can get cat's stealth?
Last edited by Fr0z3nbull3t on Oct 5, 2018, 7:50:31 AM
"
Fr0z3nbull3t wrote:
Hey dude i have another question,

i saw Farrul's Pounce grants some good damage against bleeding enemies too and they grants always bleed. are they good if u can get cat's stealth?

Aspect of the Cat rotates between Cat's Stealth and Cat's Agility. You only have Cat's Stealth every 4 seconds out of 10.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
Marros wrote:
Interesting idea with the Bloodseeker. However I don't really agree with your choice of shapier for offhand. It cannot roll Extra Damage as Lightning, so you are unable to shock monsters and miss out on a huge source of increased damage. Just for comparison, my single target fully buffed DPS (flasks, adrenaline, charges, onslaught, etc) is about 8.6 million without shock. If the enemy is shocked it goes up to about 12 million, which is almost 40% more damage. My crit chance is 92% or 99% with silver flask (don't actively use one), but even with lower crit chance almost everything will be shocked on hit. Claws or sceptres are the optimal choice in my opinion for highest damage.

So the way shock works now is the enemy takes increased damage equivalent to 5x the % of life it lost in the hit. So if you hit a monster for .2% of its life, it would be shocked for 1% additional damage (minimum you have to deal to inflict a shock). Shaper has something like 20 million hp, so to shock him you have to hit him with 40k lightning damage.

I'm currently hitting for like 25k fire damage on a crit ruthless proc, and that's how much lightning damage I'd be doing if I had added lighting as well. Since the Shaper has 20m health...we're hitting him for .125%, which would shock for just over half a percent, but that's below the 1% minimum so we wouldn't shock. You could tweak stuff a bit like drop multistrike so that you hit less often but harder, but that makes your leech a lot less useful. The problem is PoB still uses the old shock calculations, so it's just on or off for insane damage buffs, but even then there was a big minimum threshold for applying shock and this kind of build can't hit it. You just aren't actually getting that shock damage buff; PoB is lying to you =P.

mind blown, too much knowledge, can not compute xD
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

So the way shock works now is the enemy takes increased damage equivalent to 5x the % of life it lost in the hit. So if you hit a monster for .2% of its life, it would be shocked for 1% additional damage (minimum you have to deal to inflict a shock). Shaper has something like 20 million hp, so to shock him you have to hit him with 40k lightning damage.

I'm currently hitting for like 25k fire damage on a crit ruthless proc, and that's how much lightning damage I'd be doing if I had added lighting as well. Since the Shaper has 20m health...we're hitting him for .125%, which would shock for just over half a percent, but that's below the 1% minimum so we wouldn't shock. You could tweak stuff a bit like drop multistrike so that you hit less often but harder, but that makes your leech a lot less useful. The problem is PoB still uses the old shock calculations, so it's just on or off for insane damage buffs, but even then there was a big minimum threshold for applying shock and this kind of build can't hit it. You just aren't actually getting that shock damage buff; PoB is lying to you =P.

this is the reason we use cold snap and not orb of storm?
Last edited by Beskaius on Oct 7, 2018, 2:57:15 AM
Since OP generally preferred running many CWDT setups, any thoughts to running cwdt - blade vortex - blind? It's been working wonders for me in delves and don't have to rely on stibnite for blind.
How does this build do against delve bosses? Seen a lot of issues with lich and whatnot from others.
How are we getting Power charges with this build?

Edit: nvm, just saw your claw.
Last edited by Nvnsqr on Oct 8, 2018, 4:12:29 AM
Hey, first of all thanks for great guide :) now that im done with my ele bv and got some currency decided to start this build. Im gonna modify it a little to run hatred/herald of purity with warlords mark on hit ring. Now my question, since we are running bloodseeker is there any point investing in leech per second? for example taking Hematophagy on tree?
Last edited by Mayhem69 on Oct 8, 2018, 10:52:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info