[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Hi, I've been playing this build for delve and it's been a lot of fun. However, I'm trying to see where I could improve, and I could use some input. Here's my Path of Building and profile:

https://pastebin.com/1PdBQXU0

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zFrostie/characters

I know I could do with getting physical damage on both my rings, and critical multiplier on my amulet. I could also go for good corrupts, and an elder chest with critical strike chance.

Is there anything else I could try doing? Thanks for any input!
Last edited by zFrostie on Oct 1, 2018, 7:20:44 PM
"
zFrostie wrote:
Hi, I've been playing this build for delve and it's been a lot of fun. However, I'm trying to see where I could improve, and I could use some input. Here's my Path of Building and profile:

https://pastebin.com/1PdBQXU0

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/zFrostie/characters

I know I could do with getting physical damage on both my rings, and critical multiplier on my amulet. I could also go for good corrupts, and an elder chest with critical strike chance.

Is there anything else I could try doing? Thanks for any input!

Hello, I am eager to try this guide, and I like it much more yours: D have a problem with life?
Rosario Central !!! Forjador de Campeones !!!
"
Fr0z3nbull3t wrote:
"
GsengteSau wrote:
"
Fr0z3nbull3t wrote:
idk if i´m fine, this build is really nice, i fall in love instantly since i equipped the first bloodseeker.

but i really don´t know what i should upgrade next, can u help me maybe?

https://pastebin.com/vqEVTSGu

Cheers.

stat stick with ele pen and/or wed and 35% crit multi implicit
stygian vise with wed
shaper amu with dual extra damage and crit multi
rings with phys dmg or opal rings

but all expensive af :D

maybe dump bm and go hatred+purity as well

what should i go on tree when i dump bm?

is warlords mark even good in this build?

You can use my toon as a reference if need an alternate tree without blood magic that's close to the original.

+1 frenzy haemophilia is like a bis similar to +crit chance for dps and + crit multi on bloodseeker the same, i use the more def version without blood magic, 7.4k life pool < 9k but 39% physic dmg reduction + puritys are great imo
my question is: for delve travel use the same DS setup that i use for clear map? delve is full of trash mob but some encounter in armour spot (for example) have miniboss and is difficult to swap gems during the fight!
melee splash+ancestral call is always the best setup for that?

other doubt: if i find a +1curse amulet what curse is right to have on gloves? vuln or ele weak?

Edit: i see in pob that the enchanted "Double Strike has a 15% chance to deal Double Damage to Bleeding Enemies"
give us 50k more dps and +5% life leech rate.

Edit2: i prefer Tukohama minor for delve due to de +8 reduce dmg after some seconds
Last edited by Beskaius on Oct 2, 2018, 3:23:43 AM
Uber atziri one shoted me :| Killed Shaper while face tanking everything ;/
"
EoXaZ wrote:
Uber atziri one shoted me :| Killed Shaper while face tanking everything ;/

Most builds can't tank her flame blast. Look at my post on the previous page on how to easily kill her.
"
Drwaz99 wrote:
I do have one quick question, though: Ruthless, Bloodlust or Damage on Full Life; what's your personal preference/preferred single target gems? I got a little confused in the tutorial with the 8 different gems. Thanks in advance.
I arranged the gems from left to right in order of my preference, so I like ruthless the most, damage on full life the second, and screw bloodlust =P. I wish I could put a little vertical divider to separate the swap ins =/.

"
Orlog wrote:
Hallo, How many dps have u got in Minotaur video?
The Summary->Boss Killing Stats has my PoB screenshots for the kind of damage I'm doing, so around 2.3m peak, slightly less as I'm still building up frenzy and power charges, so we'll call it an even 2m.

"
donaldtroll wrote:
I managed to craft this "neck-stick" or Stat-neck or whatever, and was considering switching to the auras version as well, but since my neck has no life I am now down to 7300 hp, so losing more feels like it could be bad... can the auras outweigh it offensively or defensively?

The way I understand it, since my neck does what it does, that means that hatred and herald would give me less damage increase proportionally?

also, one last quesion here... is it worth getting vorici 8 service to fix this up, versus the one I am using now?
Generally speaking the increased defenses will make you tankier overall despite the loss of life, as it reduces all incoming damage except chaos by at least the same percentage of life that is lost. Still hard to recommend an amulet with no life, but hey it is fun to do a billion deeps and melt stuff, so as long as you don't get one shot you're ok, but 7.5 - 8k ish life is a big breakpoint for one shots in normal content (not sure about delves), so be careful. Yes you are correct, basically %phys added as element X modifiers are multiplicative with your general damage increases, but additive with each other, so each one makes the next one less effective. It's honestly probably not worth the effort unless you really like crit consistency.

"
bliznec089 wrote:
you have only 2.8% lige leech (1.2 bloodseeker +1.6 on skill tree) Is this enough for you?
Don't forget the 1.2% phys leech from blood rage!. Yes that is plenty as you can see from the videos, but if you're struggling early run an uncorrupted bloodseeker for an additional 1.6% phys leech, or even pick up vitality void if you REALLY need it.

"
Fr0z3nbull3t wrote:
Hey Dude im using an Elder ring with warlords mark lvl 12 on it, do u recommend not to use it cause enfeeble will be useless?
Yeah do not use warlord's mark with this build because defensively enfeeble is MUCH stronger and you will end up overriding it. I suggest you sell the ring and get a different one, unless you have a source of additional curse, but I can't think of any good ones plus temp chains would still be better than warlord's =P.

"
Camatoo wrote:
So, crit multi is only for the weapon itself, but global is for your overall crit multi?

That would actually make more sense.
Im terrible at this game

but attack speed crafted on the weapon counts for both? or also just for the weapon itself?
Yeah if you look it says "global critical strike multiplier", but the crit chance doesn't say global. Attack speed is local only, just like crit chance. Unfortunately I think PoE doesn't always do the best job of making it clear what's local and what's global, so don't feel bad.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
kan333 wrote:
Here are some boss fight recommendations based of this build and my gear with 7.5k HP.
These are excellent and include a lot of fights I never attempted on the build, so I think I'll add them to the main guide page in a "tips" section that I want to add.

"
kan333 wrote:
"
GsengteSau wrote:
really enjoy this build. couple of questions though.

when changing my bloodseeker with crit chance implicit to a pcoc in pob, i'm only getting like 40k dps more (with all power charges up)
i'm really asking myself if that is worth the costs, as they seem to sell for at least 3 to 4 ex.

same with crit chance haemophilia, 40k dps compared to my %ias haemos. dont know if im willing to pay the exalts for such a minimal upgrad.

or maybe i'm doing something wrong in pob?

feel free to have a look at my char (yeah amu and rings are shi**y, i know)

https://pastebin.com/7GvQGPQv

Body armor is the biggest upgrade for you then after that it's like you mentioned, just the small stuff. Keep in mind within the first couple of weeks of the league you could get each of the corrupted items for 1ex. But now it is definitely questionable.
Yep, a lot of those upgrades are small and somewhat expensive, but add up over time. Remember that if you're at like 1.5m shaper dps, a 5% upgrade is 75k more damage! Get enough of these via corruptions and jewels and they cumulatively get you over that 2m mark.

"
kan333 wrote:
"
Fr0z3nbull3t wrote:
what should i go on tree when i dump bm?

is warlords mark even good in this build?

You can use my toon as a reference if need an alternate tree without blood magic that's close to the original.
I included an alternate version of the tree that doesn't go blood magic in the skill tree section, but there is also kan's version that doesn't backload the life until later like mine does, which can be a problem. I should probably just include two trees, a level 90 tree and then like a 96 tree where you swap to get bonus evasion. Also, no warlord's mark is not very good in this build. It adds a lot of leech against trash mobs, which we don't need, but only a tiny amount of leech against bosses due to curse effect, and only gives us endurance charges while clearing, which isn't bad but enfeeble is just better defensively.

"
Beskaius wrote:
+1 frenzy haemophilia is like a bis similar to +crit chance for dps and + crit multi on bloodseeker the same, i use the more def version without blood magic, 7.4k life pool < 9k but 39% physic dmg reduction + puritys are great imo
my question is: for delve travel use the same DS setup that i use for clear map? delve is full of trash mob but some encounter in armour spot (for example) have miniboss and is difficult to swap gems during the fight!
melee splash+ancestral call is always the best setup for that?

other doubt: if i find a +1curse amulet what curse is right to have on gloves? vuln or ele weak?

Edit: i see in pob that the enchanted "Double Strike has a 15% chance to deal Double Damage to Bleeding Enemies"
give us 50k more dps and +5% life leech rate.

Edit2: i prefer Tukohama minor for delve due to de +8 reduce dmg after some seconds
The problem with +1 frenzy is we don't have them up 100% of the time, only while clearing and in bursts on bosses, but the added attack speed for clear speed is definitely worth noting. Yeah crit multi is excellent damage corruption, but pcoc has added benefit of crit consistency, and attack speed has clear speed bonus, so it's probably third best corruption, tied with crit chance.

Yeah I think you have to just use ancestral call + melee splash in delves. It's kind of a bummer to not gem swap, but a full gem swap is like double damage for single target...but much much much less than half clear speed, so you just have to tough it out I think, or get real fast at gem swapping =P. I suggest keeping your swap gems in your inventory so you don't have to swap weapons or anything like that.

If you really want a damage curse probably vulnerability. We do about 50% phys damage, 40% elemental, 10% chaos, so we do slightly more phys, plus we have more phys leech than elemental leech so we get a bigger leech buff from the damage. That said all the damage curses add so little against bosses that I'd honestly just recommend temp chains as the best second curse, but hey it's your build, go nuts.

Yes I mention in the guide that the double damage enchant is actually a bigger DPS increase, but at the time I was playing it was 5% more damage for 10 exalts more, and I like having crit consistency anyway, so I just went with crit, but feel free to pick the more damage if you really want to max those deeps.

I go over the full pantheon in the skill tree section and I mention that tukohama is solid phys mitigation, but I honestly did not find myself standing still very often since I did so much damage stuff died super fast or required repositioning. I swapped it in occasionally early on for scary phys bosses but eventually just found garukhan more reliable.

that's the problem....Viper have tons of armor and +crit but Wrath is a 7L so boost dmg and life....
with Wrath i can put ruthless in chest so in swap i have a new choice, chance to bleed,bloodlust,added fire dmg?
Last edited by Beskaius on Oct 3, 2018, 6:21:18 AM
"
Beskaius wrote:

that's the problem....Viper have tons of armor and +crit but Wrath is a 7L so boost dmg and life....
with Wrath i can put ruthless in chest so in swap i have a new choice, chance to bleed,bloodlust,added fire dmg?
I would probably go with the maim chest and then check path of building for what gem does the most damage for your setup as it's going to vary. It's unfortunate that it has to be red so we can't use a crit gem, but remember to check level 4 empower, as we get flat damage per gem level and PoB doesn't include empower in sort by DPS correctly. Also, I really can't recommend bloodlust ever. It is such a pain to always make sure your target is bleeding through whirling blades or totem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info