[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Actualy in delve?
"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
Day 2, mostly grinding maps and going deeper in the mines, was running chance to bleed before I got Haemophilia and switched to maim which clearly should've been done ASAP.

I have to agree with most though on the fact that it's a pretty weak league starter, although it has great potential, the buildup is a bit too slow without currency early on. Sitting on 6k life with decent gear, can do full keys Uberlab runs without any problem and so on. My gear has still a lot of room for improvement though, anyone got suggestions as to what I should aim for next? Stat sticks will probably not be a thing for another couple of days, corrupting bloodseeker perhaps? Buying a six link crafting base is another option. Would love suggestions!

Hmm...runing full key Ueberlab @ day 2 and not good league starter?
I gues its sarcasm. ^^

I've invested 5 chaos so faar (main weapons & gloves), clearing trash superfast and melt bosses like trashmobs...and dont die at the same time. :D

Cant imagine a better league starter. ;)

ANd the best thing ...its a non meta build, so prety cheap.

Most of the builds rely on Uniques that cost about 1-4 EX atm....and without them they do not even half damage as this build do.

To your question: Yes now you go for 6 link, flask setup (ye they help to fo tons of DMG), min/maxing stats (Crit, Phys DMG, etc,...), farm for a stat stick or the currency for it, etc...

I played DOuble Strike last league too and cleared T15 Maps with 5 link and crappy gear/weapon without problem...bcs the skill itself is OP a.f. :D

Yeah I'm confused as well, especially considering Double Strike adds flat phys to attacks that scale with level, which makes it literally the best melee attack for league start. You can completely neglect your weapons, and still do fantastic damage due to the insane amount of flat damage it adds against bleeding enemies.

For example a max rolled Brightbeak is a 94 pDPS weapon. DS at level 20 also has a 94% added damage effectiveness, multiplied by the 2 base hits per second of the skill itself, making it a 188% added damage effectiveness skill. A level 20 Double Strike adds 141 flat physical damage against bleeding enemies, times the 188% damage effectiveness it equals 265 flat physical damage to attacks against bleeding enemies. You can remember this 265 for any build that uses DS, and can be added to its base damage (which then gets multiplied by its base attack speed for pDPS calcs).

A level 20 DS alone will take a Brightbeak's base pDPS from 94 to 650.

You read that correctly, 650 pDPS, i.e literally 40 more DPS than a PERFECTLY rolled Atziri's Disfavour.

Double Strike is beyond broken, especially for league start because it scales the flat damage from level.

Hell you can use no weapons at all and your fists would still have 265 pDPS.
Not saying double strike is bad, just that there are better options for a league starter if you want smoother progression at a lower cost the first and second day of a league. I'd be ready to swap character today if I wanted to, but this build has room to grow and I like the concept (but miss leap slam).
This is coming from someone that played the mathil double strike last league. Easier to get going, reaches high damage numbers quickly without throwing much currency or time at it (emphasis on this, since this builds insta leach relies on its damage output).

I really want to try phase run with this character, but am a bit reluctant to swap to it from whirling blades since I'd not easily be able to gain fortify without it and I'm running First to Strike, Last to Fall over Fortitude.
Thoughts anyone?
Since I'm using Reave to clear (with the single target support gems for DS) I assume the Haemophilias are useless for me, right ? So the target is Life, AS, +phys rares.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
Not saying double strike is bad, just that there are better options for a league starter if you want smoother progression at a lower cost the first and second day of a league. I'd be ready to swap character today if I wanted to, but this build has room to grow and I like the concept (but miss leap slam).
This is coming from someone that played the mathil double strike last league. Easier to get going, reaches high damage numbers quickly without throwing much currency or time at it (emphasis on this, since this builds insta leach relies on its damage output).

I really want to try phase run with this character, but am a bit reluctant to swap to it from whirling blades since I'd not easily be able to gain fortify without it and I'm running First to Strike, Last to Fall over Fortitude.
Thoughts anyone?

Ye miss leap slam too....also played Mathil Double Strike last league ^^

Hmmm...with First to Strike, Last to Fall you have to run whirling blades bcs theres no other option to procc Fortify.

I'll go with the Fortify ascendancy bcs this build already do tons of DMG and dont rly need the DMG ascendancy.

Bcs the DMG...you have to consider that Malthil mainly run glas cannon builds, means they have exactly 0 sustain and can die easely.
On the other side ofc they do more DMG.

This one hase way more sustain than MAthils DS build, but do a lil bit less DMG.

Overall this one is better bcs as said DS has broken DMG.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Sep 3, 2018, 10:50:16 AM
Because of my life is not full how to work 'Damage on Full Life with blood magic node?
"
ancientmind wrote:
Because of my life is not full how to work 'Damage on Full Life with blood magic node?

Don't use auras and make sure you have Bloodseeker. Then you have full hp from the instant leech.
Last edited by Selthor on Sep 3, 2018, 1:27:31 PM
So, I've been playing this build as starter this league. Leveling was pretty rough (I fucked up my passive tree by taking nodes in the wrong order), but now that I'm at maps I am crushing content really easily.

One thing that I would have done differently is switch to Double Strike way earlier (like, as soon as you have 4 links) cause it just does way more damage than Frost Blades and you don't have to worry about upgrading two weapons.
"
Selthor wrote:
"
ancientmind wrote:

Don't use auras and make sure you have Bloodseeker. Then you have full hp from the instant leech.

really doubt damage on full life works with blood magic. to attack you have to spend life before you regen/leech it back so you can never be on full life.

if it works then that's great but i have my doubts. anyone know for sure?
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Selthor wrote:
"
ancientmind wrote:

really doubt damage on full life works with blood magic. to attack you have to spend life before you regen/leech it back so you can never be on full life.

if it works then that's great but i have my doubts. anyone know for sure?

Yes it works...bcs you leech more than you spend. ;)

Its not uptime 100%....but about 80-90%

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info