[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
Have you tried whirling blades as a mana solution after you miss? It's on BM so if you whirl through a pack you leech enough to use your main skill. At least that's what I do on no-regen maps with other builds.
Interesting...I mean that would help on packs, although you have to be sure to whirl through them due to whirling blades poor AoE. I always assumed that the leech would be too low on single target, but it seems you are correct and even on single target apparently I should leech like...100 mana. That means even with crappy gear you should get a decent amount, although it will still take a few moments to let the leech finish. I still don't feel comfortable on 35 mana (I mean, I took permanent fortify partially so that I wouldn't have to stop attacking to refresh fortify on bosses), but that's a great tip even when using enlighten, thanks!

"
Deadbringer wrote:
what are you gonna play :D ?
Hah, I'm probably not playing this league. I've gone super hard the last few leagues, and writing this guide was a big investment too, so I'm gonna take a league off and focus on some other IRL projects. I plan to hit December's league pretty hard as GGG has hinted at some big changes (incursions come back, master rework). Dunno what build yet, but I have a few good ones cooked up. I rarely play the same build twice unless it's different from the last time I played it.

"
DurLagDT wrote:
Do not like to skip reflect mod.
And a bit of mechanics info needed - 100% hit chance against taunted enemies means, that I can miss only 1st strike, after first hit - mob/boss get status "taunted" and accuracy is not needed.
If I'm right, than it's looks good even without RT keystone, and crit passives can be moved for smth else such as raw dmg or HP.
You are correct about mechanics, but wrong about reflect. This build can do any and all reflect like it's a stroll through the park. We're instant leech, so as long as we are leeching a higher percentage than the resulting percentage of reflected damage we're good. It does mitigate our leech to be fair, as some of that leech is being countered by the reflect, but we have plenty to spare except perhaps for double reflect maps, which we can still definitely do, but a bit more carefully. Keep in mind that we can't "taunt" ourselves, so our evasion is really strong against the reflected damage as our base accuracy is garbage. There is actually a video of me doing a T15 phys reflect map in the videos section at the top of the guide. Happy hunting!

I skipped last league kind of , so will most likely go hard in this one. Any hint that werent posted in here i should know before rolling this in hardcore? This things look fucking great on paper to not play it. Specially HC .

Im concerned about mana obviously, would dropping an aura or something up until i can afford an enlightened 3 would work? Has anyone even tried to use manaleech jewel or perhaps even just a Mgoh jewel stack? I mean i obviously cannot afford to stop leeching in hardcore.
Last edited by Deadbringer on Aug 31, 2018, 11:27:40 AM
"
Deadbringer wrote:
I skipped last league kind of , so will most likely go hard in this one. Any hint that werent posted in here i should know before rolling this in hardcore? This things look fucking great on paper to not play it. Specially HC .

Im concerned about mana obviously, would dropping an aura or something up until i can afford an enlightened 3 would work? Has anyone even tried to use manaleech jewel or perhaps even just a Mgoh jewel stack? I mean i obviously cannot afford to stop leeching in hardcore.
It's not really a leech issue, it's more of a "missing one double strike makes you out of mana" issue, as we have plenty of mana leech from the claw nodes. You can whirling blades to get mana back, hopefully, but that does cost a bit of time. Dropping arctic armour until you get enlighten 3 would work well, but honestly I think the blood magic version is pretty compelling for hardcore. if you drop some damage on rings/amulet/jewels it's easy to cap resistances and get high life, and no concerns with mana. You don't have quite as good mitigation or damage, but you probably wouldn't be trying to facetank ele reflect minus max T15 Brine King in HC right? I don't know, I've only played HC once and it was a sunder juggernaut that got to like 85 before dying to Bameth Vaal DD in a breach (RIP Sunderdome, you will be missed), so I don't have the most HC experience.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
Been running the build now in Delve, pretty unlucky with currency thus far so budget gear is to be expected. The main struggle I've had is the obvious climb for that 5 or 6 link, since double strike is poor for clearing without melee splash and ancestral call. Nothing new there.

I do have to put emphasis on the fact that herald of purity is a godsend, it has boosted my unoptimized gear in terms of damage by a bunch for the measly 25% mana reserved, not to mention the meat shield sentinels aren't bad. To solve the mana issue ordeal, I ended up running simply Herald of Ash and Purity to make up for the damage, and a purity of my lowest resist (fire). 15% of my mana pool is more than enough to never worry about anything other than Whirling Blades before I socketed it in with a blood magic. Nothing much to add for today though as I've not had the chance to mess around much with gear, prices are still somewhat high and like I mentioned, RNGesus hasn't heard my prayers this league.
Last edited by Nickolai20599 on Sep 1, 2018, 5:31:41 PM
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
Been running the build now in Delve, pretty unlucky with currency thus far so budget gear is to be expected. The main struggle I've had is the obvious climb for that 5 or 6 link, since double strike is poor for clearing without melee splash and ancestral call. Nothing new there.

I do have to put emphasis on the fact that herald of purity is a godsend, it has boosted my unoptimized gear in terms of damage by a bunch for the measly 25% mana reserved, not to mention the meat shield sentinels aren't bad. To solve the mana issue ordeal, I ended up running simply Herald of Ash and Purity to make up for the damage, and a purity of my lowest resist (fire). 15% of my mana pool is more than enough to never worry about anything other than Whirling Blades before I socketed it in with a blood magic. Nothing much to add for today though as I've not had the chance to mess around much with gear, prices are still somewhat high and like I mentioned, RNGesus hasn't heard my prayers this league.

Personnaly just hit 68 in hardcore . Crap gear,been bloodmagic. Dps is shit. Had to beg friends for bosskill all the way from a8. using frostblade to clear. Its been a tedious run and im not suggesting this thing for a starter build.

Bought bloodseeker(10c) ...got a tabula dropped rdy..need haemophobia and some rings and will started mapping tomorrow.
this build uber elder viable?
so there might be a really obvious answer to this but why no vaal pact?
Because of instant leech on claws.
With crits it always top you up..
Newbie question, does using herald (ash and agony) means when the map is Elemental reflect then the damage will reflect back to me? Thanks!
Level 57 in delve. Things are going according to plan i suppose. Or sort of.

I am using purity of elements because it's incredibly hard to cap resistances this early in a league. There are almost no cheap items available with life and resists because of demand and lack of items as per usual on day 2.

If i would to do this as a league starter in another league i might get alira instead of 2 skill points to help with resists but purity of elements does the job too so maybe not. I would also not take the dual wielding passives in duelist area because it makes it twice as expensive leveling when you have to buy two weapons instead of one.

A good two hander with sunder or a one hander and shield should be cheaper.

Other than that i use the new herald of purity and ash before i get blood magic.

Damage is fine so far. Vaal warchief is amazing and i got the boys to help me out whenever i need them.

I leveled with sunder, fake dual wielding and a princess in the off hand.

Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 2, 2018, 7:27:30 AM
"
Deadbringer wrote:
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:

Personnaly just hit 68 in hardcore . Crap gear,been bloodmagic. Dps is shit. Had to beg friends for bosskill all the way from a8. using frostblade to clear. Its been a tedious run and im not suggesting this thing for a starter build.

Bought bloodseeker(10c) ...got a tabula dropped rdy..need haemophobia and some rings and will started mapping tomorrow.

I dont know how you play but I had no problems so faar with bosses.

Theres 1 button that melt every boss down within seconds....its called "vaal double strike"

I play Double strike only all the way even with a 4 link and even clearing is a breeze. (with Herald of Ash)

Ofc I switch gems for clearing & boss fight, bcs Ancestral Call is great for clear but horrible for Bossfights.

I think you simply make something wrong, bcs the DMG of Vaal Double Strike is broken.

And its a perfect starter build bcs with not more than 1-2 EX investment you can already do all content....ye it requires a lil bit game knowledge during the level phase, bcs you cant copy the build here 1:1 till you raach about LVL 70. ;)

My setup for clear: VDS - Melee PD - Ancestral Call - Melee splash

My setup for bosses: VDS - Melee PD - Maim - Ruthless

And bcs of the Mana problem: I run Blasphemy + Warlords Mark...Problem solved. ;)

One more hint: PLay with "Ornament of the east" claw till you get "worthy foe" ascendancy....this helps a lot.
Last edited by CroDanZ on Sep 2, 2018, 10:43:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info