[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

"
Going to do this build as a Jugg for Delve HC. I’ll start with swords to farm lab for a week, amass wealth and then swap to claws for the juicy instant leech and then start delving and bossing.

Sounds neat, would be nice to see how it ends up :)

"
OniCuter wrote:
After read the pathnotes for delve, it seems we can go with this build, or I´m wrong?...

Yes, no problem at all, the build might even get some improvements through the Herald of Purity during leveling and added uniques (not to mention bestiary cards).

"
ArrX8 wrote:
Why do you use the gem '' blood rage '' on weapon and gloves?

Going to go out on a limb and say that you shouldn't look at the gems inside of items normally, because they can display the wrong links if the creator of a build guide like this ends up switching an item to another character that needs different sockets or gems in the item. Follow the "Gem" section if you want to know about the links and what not properly.
Fortunately, it was addressed in there. "The first two I have on a level 20 CWDT because I don't want to have to manually cast blood rage during boss fights when I'm not killing to keep the buff,"
So he has one for manual casting, and one with CWDT for the reason mentioned above.

"
Myzreal wrote:
Yeah, it seems we're fine with this build. I'm wondering about two things: changes to passive tree and whether including herald of purity is worth it. Kind of a newb in this game still so I'd appreciate some advice on this :P

The passive tree should remain the same after looking over the patch notes. Worth to keep in mind though is that in the comments there's been some talk about changing the tree, and the general consensus is that passing up on the bloodmagic and nearby life nodes in favor of picking up other life nodes, some damage and gaining auras is better in most if not every scenario. (Could link you my PoB for my tree version if you want it.)
As for the Harald of Purity, hard to tell since we don't know the stats it provides yet. But it's probably safe to say that you'll probably be using Herald of Purity and Herald of Ash during leveling.

Last edited by Nickolai20599 on Aug 29, 2018, 11:23:27 AM
Anyone worked out a way to utilise the instant warcries node in their tree?

Also, PoB with the 3.4 tree is released so you can fiddle around with it.

"
Herald of Anger
that's a typo right? I'd assume Herald of Ash?
Last edited by varemenos on Aug 29, 2018, 9:46:46 AM
"
varemenos wrote:

Also, PoB with the 3.4 tree is released so you can fiddle around with it.

"
Herald of Anger
that's a typo right? I'd assume Herald of Ash?

Edited, indeed just me mixing the two x)
"
"
YYakovliev wrote:
Sounds solid, can you give the link to your current build with the purities so we can test it also. Thanks.

Something like this probably http://poeurl.com/b2ew
400 less life with the same damage. With less resist pressure on gear life can go up a bit, not to the level of BM of course. But survivability should be better with the higher max resists and AA.
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"
Myzreal wrote:
Yeah, it seems we're fine with this build. I'm wondering about two things: changes to passive tree and whether including herald of purity is worth it. Kind of a newb in this game still so I'd appreciate some advice on this :P

The passive tree should remain the same after looking over the patch notes. Worth to keep in mind though is that in the comments there's been some talk about changing the tree, and the general consensus is that passing up on the bloodmagic and nearby life nodes in favor of picking up other life nodes, some damage and gaining auras is better in most if not every scenario. (Could link you my PoB for my tree version if you want it.)
So I've done a bit of experimenting with the setup and I have some mixed feelings about it (You can view my current build at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/PsychicMuffin/characters?characterName=Take_It_Or_Reave_It if you want). On one hand, the extra damage is pretty nice and overall the defenses are honestly better despite the loss of life. On the other hand, we didn't really need more damage, we lose some QoL gems, we can now run out of mana, and we need a crap ton more int for purity of lightning. I do honestly think it's better in the end, but I need to re-gear my rings and boots to properly take advantage of it...and now I'm in standard which is not a particularly active league for trading. I'm currently taking TWO int nodes to be able to use that purity, which is essentially costing me 8% life. This makes my life total a paltry 8300 or so, which is actually not better than the old version. At least I have a stack of currency in standard to work with, so if I can fix the gear I will update the guide and gearing.

As for the other downsides, I'm running whirling blades on BM and enlighten 3 on the auras to really help the mana issue, but it can still pop up from time to time. It also makes us more vulnerable to map mods like less recovery and no regen, which we previously did not care about at all. For QoL gems, I actually just dropped immortal call as I didn't really find it that necessary with our excellent evasion, and I dropped culling strike on our totem/whirling blades (that also means we lose a bit of attack speed on whirling blades due to quality), but those I can definitely live with. Those choices are definitely changeable depending on user preference though. Overall I think I'll try to update the guide this week to mention this setup as an alternative as it is better optimized for defenses and does make res gearing easier, but does have some downsides.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"
OniCuter wrote:
After read the pathnotes for delve, it seems we can go with this build, or I´m wrong?...

Yes, no problem at all, the build might even get some improvements through the Herald of Purity during leveling and added uniques (not to mention bestiary cards).
Yep, not only were we not nerfed, but namelock melee got a bit of a buff, plus herald of purity is great for leveling!

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"
ArrX8 wrote:
Why do you use the gem '' blood rage '' on weapon and gloves?

Going to go out on a limb and say that you shouldn't look at the gems inside of items normally, because they can display the wrong links if the creator of a build guide like this ends up switching an item to another character that needs different sockets or gems in the item. Follow the "Gem" section if you want to know about the links and what not properly.
Fortunately, it was addressed in there. "The first two I have on a level 20 CWDT because I don't want to have to manually cast blood rage during boss fights when I'm not killing to keep the buff,"
So he has one for manual casting, and one with CWDT for the reason mentioned above.
Yep...basically I want the buff when I start mapping, because I don't know when I'll take enough damage to trigger it and it's clear speed so I want it right away, but I also hate recasting it during boss fights.

"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
"
Myzreal wrote:

As for the Harald of Purity, hard to tell since we don't know the stats it provides yet. But it's probably safe to say that you'll probably be using Herald of Purity and Herald of Ash during leveling.
Yep, we're totally fine. The passive tree where we are is basically untouched in any way relevant to this build. For herald of purity, it'll be solid while leveling probably, depending on which skill you level with, but in either version of the build it's unlikely to be worth much in the final version. For blood magic version obv no auras, for purity version it's not worth dropping a defensive aura for some more flat damage, which we already have a ton of due to double strike.

"
varemenos wrote:
Hmmm, I suppose there is some value in being able to spam instant enduring cry to get endurance charges, but I have a hard time imagining it's worth the loss of life to pick it up? Maybe if I changed pathing again we could just drop damage for it, but still seems like a lot to give. If you wanted endurance charges that badly you could just take enduring cry already and just pop it between packs.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
On one hand, the extra damage is pretty nice and overall the defenses are honestly better despite the loss of life. On the other hand, we didn't really need more damage, we lose some QoL gems, we can now run out of mana, and we need a crap ton more int for purity of lightning. I do honestly think it's better in the end, but I need to re-gear my rings and boots to properly take advantage of it...and now I'm in standard which is not a particularly active league for trading. I'm currently taking TWO int nodes to be able to use that purity, which is essentially costing me 8% life. This makes my life total a paltry 8300 or so, which is actually not better than the old version. At least I have a stack of currency in standard to work with, so if I can fix the gear I will update the guide and gearing.

As for the other downsides, I'm running whirling blades on BM and enlighten 3 on the auras to really help the mana issue, but it can still pop up from time to time. It also makes us more vulnerable to map mods like less recovery and no regen, which we previously did not care about at all. For QoL gems, I actually just dropped immortal call as I didn't really find it that necessary with our excellent evasion, and I dropped culling strike on our totem/whirling blades (that also means we lose a bit of attack speed on whirling blades due to quality), but those I can definitely live with. Those choices are definitely changeable depending on user preference though. Overall I think I'll try to update the guide this week to mention this setup as an alternative as it is better optimized for defenses and does make res gearing easier, but does have some downsides.

That’s a pretty nice overall observation that you’ve made for the purity setup. I want to ask a follow up question though:

In your opinion which variant is better suited for a league starter and for a causal player perspective (having less expensive gear at the end)?
"
YYakovliev wrote:
That’s a pretty nice overall observation that you’ve made for the purity setup. I want to ask a follow up question though:

In your opinion which variant is better suited for a league starter and for a causal player perspective (having less expensive gear at the end)?
Hmmmm, well the less res pressure really makes budget gearing easier. All you need on jewelry is as much life as you can get and a bit of int, and any int you're short can be picked up on the tree until you get it. Also the max res is mitigation instead of max life, which means if you're still on the edge of being able to facetank things, it makes a bigger difference. On top of that, the fact that the purity version has more damage is also much more relevant in budget gear as well. So combining easier gearing, better damage and better mitigation and you are going to be able to facetank more things sooner I think.

The only downside is that I found running it VERY uncomfortable mana wise without enlighten. It was unplayably dangerous to run out of mana and stop leeching after a SINGLE missed double strike. Enlighten 3 (and even 2) is pretty expensive early on, and I really think being able to double strike 3 times before running out of mana is the minimum I'd personally feel comfortable with, and that takes level 3. So I think my recommendation would probably be just run dual purity (level all 3 and pick whichever 2 you need at the moment, preferably ice+lightning), which gives you the res advantage, and just leave out arctic armour until you can afford the enlighten level 3. If you find another way to cheat out some mana reservation reduction like a corruption or just want to use alpha's or something, you could probably get away with running all 3 comfortably, but that might add more complication than it's worth.
I'll post my observations on the build once Delve hits, I really struggle to believe that the mana can be that much of a problem, but then again there's a couple of variables that may change it one way or the other.
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:

The only downside is that I found running it VERY uncomfortable mana wise without enlighten. It was unplayably dangerous to run out of mana and stop leeching after a SINGLE missed double strike. Enlighten 3 (and even 2) is pretty expensive early on, and I really think being able to double strike 3 times before running out of mana is the minimum I'd personally feel comfortable with, and that takes level 3. So I think my recommendation would probably be just run dual purity (level all 3 and pick whichever 2 you need at the moment, preferably ice+lightning), which gives you the res advantage, and just leave out arctic armour until you can afford the enlighten level 3. If you find another way to cheat out some mana reservation reduction like a corruption or just want to use alpha's or something, you could probably get away with running all 3 comfortably, but that might add more complication than it's worth.

Yes, running 2 auras and meanwhile leveling enlighten to 3, then add the 3rd aura, sounds like a good plan. Thank you for your detailed answers. I will go that route because it's new and there is room for testing, compared to the blood magic one.
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
I'll post my observations on the build once Delve hits, I really struggle to believe that the mana can be that much of a problem, but then again there's a couple of variables that may change it one way or the other.

Simply pick the 0,4% "Mana leech" passive in the bottom/right corner and you can run all 3 Auras without any Mana problems. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info