[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Hey - What are your thoughts on the new Herald of Purity for this build?
Why we dont use for lvling Bloodplay? (30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance--(20-40)% increased Physical Damage---Adds (3-6) to (9-13) Physical Damage--+20 to Dexterity---10% increased Attack Speed--30% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit).And we dont need use gem for bleeding.
Last edited by Mihrytka on Sep 5, 2018, 12:21:54 PM
Sorry guys I've been busy with some IRL stuff that came up, but I'll try to address any questions I missed that didn't get answered. Also thanks to everyone chipping in with answers, it helps lighten the load =).

"
duabijitelur wrote:
this build uber elder viable?
Yep, but it's not really that much better than other ancestral call based melee builds unfortunately. We have a great health pool and instant leech but there are some things in uber elder you just can't facetank due to invulnerabilities, freezes, etc. If you can do a swap for kaom's roots that helps a lot. I never got a recording of an uber elder since I didn't have recording set up when I did the runs, then I got busy and didn't get around to it. I'll try to find time to take it out for a spin in standard before december's league.

"
Mantic0r3 wrote:
so there might be a really obvious answer to this but why no vaal pact?
Bloodseeker = instant leech, no vaal pact required =).

"
kr1pk wrote:
Newbie question, does using herald (ash and agony) means when the map is Elemental reflect then the damage will reflect back to me? Thanks!
We have lots of sources of elemental damage that can be reflected, but if you have the bloodseeker and you're a champion reflect is not a problem at all, so clear those maps to your heart's content!

"
kompaniet wrote:
I also checked a cheap belt of the deciever versus op's abyssal belt with the good jewel inside and belt of the deciever wins (more damage) but the rare stygian vise adds more life and resists of course.
Yeah belt of the deceiver is an excellent starter belt until you can afford a solid leather belt with good res/flask mods, until you can get the same on an abyssal. Offhands like prismatic eclipse/princess are also excellent starter offhands and I'll be sure to add them and the belt to the leveling section when I get around to adding it >_<.

"
CroDanZ wrote:
"
Nickolai20599 wrote:
Not saying double strike is bad, just that there are better options for a league starter if you want smoother progression at a lower cost the first and second day of a league. I'd be ready to swap character today if I wanted to, but this build has room to grow and I like the concept (but miss leap slam).
This is coming from someone that played the mathil double strike last league. Easier to get going, reaches high damage numbers quickly without throwing much currency or time at it (emphasis on this, since this builds insta leach relies on its damage output).

I really want to try phase run with this character, but am a bit reluctant to swap to it from whirling blades since I'd not easily be able to gain fortify without it and I'm running First to Strike, Last to Fall over Fortitude.
Thoughts anyone?

Ye miss leap slam too....also played Mathil Double Strike last league ^^

Hmmm...with First to Strike, Last to Fall you have to run whirling blades bcs theres no other option to procc Fortify.

I'll go with the Fortify ascendancy bcs this build already do tons of DMG and dont rly need the DMG ascendancy.

Bcs the DMG...you have to consider that Malthil mainly run glas cannon builds, means they have exactly 0 sustain and can die easely.
On the other side ofc they do more DMG.

This one hase way more sustain than MAthils DS build, but do a lil bit less DMG.

Overall this one is better bcs as said DS has broken DMG.
Yeah whirling blades is not my favorite, but at least it's better now that they fixed the namelocking. If you want to use phase run instead of WB I think yeah you'll have to switch to fortify ascendancy node. I don't like the fact that phase run consumes frenzy charges though, as you'll keep entering packs with no charges and consuming them as you finish the pack to move to the next, although it does mean phase run lasts a long time =P.

There's a lot of debate here on how good this build is as a league starter and I feel like a lot of it comes down to expectations. I usually try my own builds, or at least my own variation of a build I see, so I get a wide range of leveling experiences, and this build is pretty good overall, so to me it's awesome. If you have specific league starter builds that are designed to be really good in that role though, this build will definitely not match up to that. We have to do a lot of pathing to claw nodes, frost blades has crappy single target, double strike doesn't do that well in a 4L since we need ancestral call and melee splash to clear, etc. Even if you compare it to just mathil's double strike, 1h swords get a lot more damage from the tree AND are insanely good base items themselves.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
Since I'm using Reave to clear (with the single target support gems for DS) I assume the Haemophilias are useless for me, right ? So the target is Life, AS, +phys rares.
Yeah the two things they provide are bleed chance and explosion effects. The bleed chance is only necessary for double strike interaction, and the explosion effect is helpful but not really necessary for reave, unlike an ancestral call melee splash build, which kind of needs it. Keep in mind once you drop all bleed chance you'll need to link chance to bleed on your double strike 4L for it to deal decent damage!

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Selthor wrote:
"
ancientmind wrote:
Because of my life is not full how to work 'Damage on Full Life with blood magic node?

Don't use auras and make sure you have Bloodseeker. Then you have full hp from the instant leech.

really doubt damage on full life works with blood magic. to attack you have to spend life before you regen/leech it back so you can never be on full life.

if it works then that's great but i have my doubts. anyone know for sure?
Yep, it works like Xanthochroid said. the Damage on Full Life bonus is calculated at the exact time damage will be applied. This means you spent life to use the skill, so the first hit won't get the bonus, but after the first hit lands you leech to full, so the rest of the hits get the bonus until you have to spend life again.

"
kompaniet wrote:
"
pkownzs wrote:
Hey guys how is this build in delve league ? i mean working realy great for end game red tier elder, uber elder dunno some serious shit or not realy ?

with 9k life, good leech and 2 million dps i don't think anything is a problem.
Yeah we can do uber elder just fine, but we don't excel at it the way we do other boss fights like normal elder, shaper, guardians, etc. It just turns out that a facetanking build in a fight designed to be impossible to facetank ends up kinda tricky. Between freezes and invulnerabilities combined with insane damage we just have to spend a lot of time dodging, like most builds do, but that means we aren't that different from other melee builds =/. Kaom's roots can help if you can cap res during the fight with them. Dropping blood magic in favor of purity auras could help with this, as has been discussed earlier in these comments. I really will try to update the guide to at least include the alternate aura setup and leveling tips soon.

"
What do you think about taking chance to bleed from tree(Red storm path for 15% or Blodletting path for 30% chance but for more points) and swapping Haemophilia for different gloves?
One of the most important things the gloves provide is the explosion effect. Ancestral Call + Melee Splash just feels really crappy and leaves a lot of mobs behind without it, and having that explosion just fixes that problem entirely. Our range still isn't great, but at least we kill everything inside it with haemos. If you aren't running blood magic you can run herald of ash and then you don't need the bleedsplosions, but chances are then you aren't right next to that bleed cluster =P.
Last edited by PsychicMuffin on Sep 5, 2018, 5:45:57 PM
"
For a while I used frost blades and reave for clearing. These are usually great clear skills but they just don't work with this build. We get almost no damage from the tree so they don't clear well. This build only works properly with double strike.

Switched to that, got the gloves and now mobs die immediately. Range is pretty short though. Enough for tight packs but not for sparse, so clear speed will always be mediocre. Good thing we have whirling blades.
Yeah clear speed is fine, but in a world of full screen clearing at the press of a button...hard to actually match that as melee. Whirling blades is pretty decent now after fixing namelocking, but honestly I still prefer leap slam, oh well xD. Small price to pay for near immortality to me!

"
Shnizers wrote:
Hey - What are your thoughts on the new Herald of Purity for this build?
Seems decent for leveling as the flat damage is very valuable and the minions can be handy meat shields. I don't really see a place for it in the finished build as we're either running blood magic or purities + arctic armour as we don't need more flat damage anyway with how much double strike already gives us.

"
Mihrytka wrote:
Why we dont use for lvling Bloodplay? (30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance--(20-40)% increased Physical Damage---Adds (3-6) to (9-13) Physical Damage--+20 to Dexterity---10% increased Attack Speed--30% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit).And we dont need use gem for bleeding.
As an offhand that could be ok, but I'd rather take the 3 nodes on the tree for bleed early and use a princess offhand I think. Even using chance to bleed isn't the end of the world as flat damage is valuable early on, but the princess is like 1c and since we don't use hatred and probably don't have a taste of hate at that point, it adds a LOT of damage, not to mention early survivability through freezing. If it's like day one and you get one to like drop on the ground that would probably be pretty sick.
Enjoying this so far, just goin' slow-ish, taking my time and having fun. This guy really doesn't die much at all, working on stackin' life, cappin' resists.

Thanks again for this build/guide and your continued feedback/Q&A.

On a side note, I played a season as Reave and another as MS, and I actually don't feel any slower clear speed with this? Maybe some of the yellows are a bit stubborn, but it feels good.
Great build, actually quite leveled fast, hp pool/defenses are great and life leech is incredible for survivability in HC. My connection is great but still died to a random rare dc, no mobs on screen. Guess I got to go back to afk-friendly builds for HC :(
hio thx for very nice build!

why no used tempestuous steel for begin and for begin some maps before found great sword in offhand?
Last edited by DarkY_KZ on Sep 6, 2018, 1:41:52 PM
What links are best to set up additional vaal dobule strike? I'm thinking about: [Vaal Double Strike]+[Increased Duration]+[Bloodlust]+[Melee Physical Damage].

That would give duration around 10 seconds, must be insanely good for tough and long lasting bosses.
"
DarkY_KZ wrote:
hio thx for very nice build!

why no used tempestuous steel for begin and for begin some maps before found great sword in offhand?

tempestuous steel was very expensive in the beginning of the league while the princess was cheap. both provide almost identical dps. it was an easy choice which to get.

"
Loudstorm wrote:
What links are best to set up additional vaal dobule strike? I'm thinking about: [Vaal Double Strike]+[Increased Duration]+[Bloodlust]+[Melee Physical Damage].

That would give duration around 10 seconds, must be insanely good for tough and long lasting bosses.

Interesting idea.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 6, 2018, 4:04:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info