Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
nechrophagy wrote:

you don't need to go all over control blocks looking for slave drivers, just right from the entrance use desecrate and hold a to see what the corpses are, in current version of poe, the lvl of the area doesnt matter, only the gem, so as long as u still have 1 slave driver u can just desecrate in whatever map/area ure in or in ure hideout. There is a trick posted in the guide labled how to summon spectres with poh. You keep 1 extra raise spectre gem in your secondary weapon about the same spot as your primary weapon and summon the spectre from your secondary weapon then switch back. eg.
(ignore 2nd spectre gem in secondary, just leveling) or if your using w&s remove spell echo from your chest, desecrate in control blocks, hold "a" while looking for slave driver(only need 1) then can summon the rest wherever you want. If your desecrate is connected to anything that doesn't let you use it have another desecrate in your secondary/offhand weapon. Just to make clear, you don't have to go around killing any mobs, just desecrate from the entrance. This goes for any area your trying to get spectres from, to get your desired spectre, you just need to be in their area.

That was one of the options I mentionned, just not everyone wishes to cycle through Desecrate until they get a slave driver, thus why I mentionned can go around killing mobs until you find one (usually right by the entrance anyway), and then go to your hideout to desecrate the rest so your desecrate pool isnt filled with other mobs.

As for the zombie method, it's for people too lazy to remove Spell Echo ;)

"
Severinze wrote:
I dropped about 50ex and made the change to PoH. The damage and clear speed is insane. But I feel a LOT squishier. I never died with W&S being near block capped and with all the life and regen. But I've died twice so far. I know it's a different playstyle, plus I need to make sure to play flask piano and make sure there are always corpses if things get a little dicey, but the damage and clear speed are crazy good.

Did a fast UE last night as well. Very smooth, near instant-phasing all around. Although casting convocation at the right time is just as crucial, otherwise, rip spectres.

Unfortunately yeah, the downside of PoH is being much squishier than W&S, but the clearspeed is amazing. It takes some using to, but you'll eventually stop dying. Just need to play a bit safer, ex: run around the mobs and convocate instead of running into them, make better use of Arm. Brand to direct your spectres where you want them instead of going first.

Also, unless you prefer to keep it, I got rid of Frost Wall in the boots and put clarity in there so I could run AG on chestpiece, something to consider if you dont need/like Frost wall.
"
worldpk wrote:

"
Severinze wrote:
I dropped about 50ex and made the change to PoH. The damage and clear speed is insane. But I feel a LOT squishier. I never died with W&S being near block capped and with all the life and regen. But I've died twice so far. I know it's a different playstyle, plus I need to make sure to play flask piano and make sure there are always corpses if things get a little dicey, but the damage and clear speed are crazy good.

Did a fast UE last night as well. Very smooth, near instant-phasing all around. Although casting convocation at the right time is just as crucial, otherwise, rip spectres.

Unfortunately yeah, the downside of PoH is being much squishier than W&S, but the clearspeed is amazing. It takes some using to, but you'll eventually stop dying. Just need to play a bit safer, ex: run around the mobs and convocate instead of running into them, make better use of Arm. Brand to direct your spectres where you want them instead of going first.

Also, unless you prefer to keep it, I got rid of Frost Wall in the boots and put clarity in there so I could run AG on chestpiece, something to consider if you dont need/like Frost wall.

I'm actually really missing AG and fortify and all the other goodies, so I'll make a swap today!
"
worldpk wrote:
"
th13f wrote:
I need some help summoning Slave Driver spectres.

It takes me so much time in the Control Blocks trying to get Slave Drivers. If I accidentally summoned a corpse next to the Slave Driver, I have to re-summon everything to get a Driver. I have a really difficult time trying to find the Slave Driver corpse and summon a spectre of it.

Does anyone know any tricks to this? Or is it just always super time consuming?

1. Go to control blocks
2. Desecrate or kill mobs
3. Hold "A" key to target corpses, you will see their name at the top
4. Raise 1 slave driver
5. Go to your hideout
6. Use desecrate
7. Hold "A" key and raise slave drivers.

There is 2 method to do it easily.

A) Remove Spell Echo so you dont raise other corpse by mistake.
B) Use all the other corpse by using Raise Zombie on them, and then raise the slave drivers corpses.

"
eFloyd wrote:
HELLO, nice build but here on the page i don t get it witch one is the old version and new one:D

i see 2 passive three 2 ascendancy graph can u replay with the last verios of your build and also a thing what i couldn.t find is what jewel do u use!

Thank you!!

They are two variants, neither is "old" or "new".

One of them is based on being super tanky, league starter friendly, SSF friendly, etc.

Other one is based on rare/expensive uniques and is very high damage (but less tanky), not SSF/League starter friendly.

Both of them use the same jewels, you can see them in PoB. Unending Hunger, Anatomical Knowledge and Ghostly Eye Jewels for minion damage. The Staff variant also uses a Watcher's Eye with % Mana as ES Clarity mod.

One final thought, if you are running with a Convoking wand that has Trigger on it, you will need a second desecrate in a weapon swap slot so that your corpses all don't get consumed by Bone Offering. Just weapon swap, then desecrate, then raise Spectres or Zombs as needed, then swap back.

Last edited by Reactor52 on Oct 17, 2019, 1:32:52 PM
"
Reactor52 wrote:

One final thought, if you are running with a Convoking wand that has Trigger on it, you will need a second desecrate in a weapon swap slot so that your corpses all don't get consumed by Bone Offering. Just weapon swap, then desecrate, then raise Spectres or Zombs as needed, then swap back.

Gonna disagree there, as extra gem slots aren't really a thing with this build. Just take out your offering from your wand when you raise your spectres and zombies and it's a done deal.
Does anyone have any advice for not instagibbing tormented spirits before they have a chance to posses any mobs, or is that just something we have to deal with?
Last edited by etherel90 on Oct 17, 2019, 2:55:41 PM
"
Severinze wrote:
"
Reactor52 wrote:

Gonna disagree there, as extra gem slots aren't really a thing with this build. Just take out your offering from your wand when you raise your spectres and zombies and it's a done deal.

He's talking about the weapon swap gems, which technically you should have 5 free slots (1 is used for Spectre to not go away when you swap).

Personally I use those slots to level up spare Spectre/Enlighten gems, and 1 slot used in a Faster Casting shaper wand for Portal.

"
etherel90 wrote:
Does anyone have any advice for not instagibbing tormented spirits before they have a chance to posses any mobs, or is that just something we have to deal with?

Nothing to do, have to deal with it unfortunately.

If you are asking because of the Possessed Beyond challenge, you can use Speaker's Wreath to avoid killing anything, then just kite the rare to the Beyond boss and use your weapon to attack it once. Your minions wont kill the spirit either until it possesses the boss.
Last edited by worldpk on Oct 17, 2019, 3:22:27 PM
Can someone tell me how Unending Hunger activates soul eater if theres only 30 int in the radius? I am obviously just blind and missing it but if I could get the breakdown for that it would be appreciated.
"
Severinze wrote:

With 50 ex, you could have gone with the zombie build and pretty much do deathless UE. You still have to dodge shaper's beam and balls. Other than that, you pretty much just run around UE and shaper and let the zombies finish the job.
Hi. Thanx a lot for the build. It's insane but i felt it was too squishy for me. I made some changes to the tree and gear. I have a Headhunter now but the build is great with a "normal" stygian belt. I took a look at some HC characters to build a very tanky(with very high Dps too!). T16 are a joke. Did 300+ City Square fully juiced with 4 sextants and breach or Harbringer. Can be difficult sometimes. Shaper/UE/Shaper's guardians are a joke too...Hope it will give some ideas... Great build and guide! Here's my actual setup:

PS: build is very cheap and can be easily upgraded. My most expensive items are chest and wand (10 ex each), you can build a character with 10c per slot. Even for a very strong endgame build I think around 20ex is not a lot.
Last edited by Hectorbodies on Oct 17, 2019, 5:09:45 PM
"
Severinze wrote:
"
Reactor52 wrote:

Well, to each his/her own. But, this isn't taking up a used/usable gem slot since you are doing a weapons swap (default "X") key). This is much more preferable, for me at least, than removing and reinserting a gem, especially if you are doing this on the fly due to loss of Zombs or Spectres

Normal weapon

"Swapped" weapon, hit Desecrate, then either Raise Zomb or Raise Spectre keys, hit "X" again and off you go

Last edited by Reactor52 on Oct 17, 2019, 5:22:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info