Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
Solemplow wrote:
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Solemplow wrote:
What's the strat to defeat chimera when he shrouds himself (PoH build)?

If i can see him after the third shroud i'm basically dead.

I'm getting stunlock and can't sustain or move.

I've realocated like 7-8 points (from dps nodes, dps that i don't really need actually) in life ( from 3700 to 4650 ) but i feel like it's just rng with this build.

Some would say instaphase him is the solution, but like sometimes the boss trigger his attack even when instanuked so i'm not sure ( 1/2 i instaphase him without shroud).

What should i do ?

370p hp is too low in the first place, youre probably too squishy. Im at 6200 without respeccing anything.

What you can try is to spec brine king pantheon and just use your karui flask. If thats not enough id say get tankier.

I'm lvl 82, so i just took all the constitution "wheel" to have 4660 hp(and dropped some of the dps nodes i had).

I don't know how you can get 2000 more hp with just slightly better life roll on gear.

EDIT: I will see on pob if 3lifes node and 200 more life can do the 2000hp difference.

Its probably the level then. Im 97, which is a few hundred hp difference too.

As i said, brine king to avoid stunlock and karui flask to hopefully survice long enough. If that doesnt work its probably just a question of getting a bit tankier. Ive done chimeras with +crit and +extra dmg without problems, just have to run/flame dash fast into all the clouds.
"
BratzenBo wrote:
Hey i will testing the Build.

Where i find the Spectre?

In Maps or in Akt 1-10?

Act 5 control blocks
"
Solemplow wrote:
"
worldpk wrote:
"
Solemplow wrote:
What's the strat to defeat chimera when he shrouds himself (PoH build)?

If i can see him after the third shroud i'm basically dead.

I'm getting stunlock and can't sustain or move.

I've realocated like 7-8 points (from dps nodes, dps that i don't really need actually) in life ( from 3700 to 4650 ) but i feel like it's just rng with this build.

Some would say instaphase him is the solution, but like sometimes the boss trigger his attack even when instanuked so i'm not sure ( 1/2 i instaphase him without shroud).

What should i do ?

370p hp is too low in the first place, youre probably too squishy. Im at 6200 without respeccing anything.

What you can try is to spec brine king pantheon and just use your karui flask. If thats not enough id say get tankier.

I'm lvl 82, so i just took all the constitution "wheel" to have 4660 hp(and dropped some of the dps nodes i had).

I don't know how you can get 2000 more hp with just slightly better life roll on gear.

EDIT: I will see on pob if 3lifes node and 200 more life can do the 2000hp difference.

When I was running W&S 2.0 I had 8k hp and 1200 ES at level 95. You probably don't have enough life on your gear, and at level 82, you're probably missing some life nodes on the tree.

Can share a PoB if you want.
"
kayella wrote:
"
dokidokidango wrote:
Any thoughts on replacing Enhance with Conductivity and anointing Whispers of Doom > Ravenous Horde?

Enhance only adds -4% all resist to Elemental Weakness, so it feels like an extra -44% Lightning Resist and 14% chance to shock would be better than the prior combination?

I don't recommend dual curse anymore because you will probably only ever curse endgame bosses (everything else will die before you can curse) so it's a wasted anointment or 3ex craft.

If you feel the enhance is unnecessary, consider it a free socket to put something else in. So for PoH build, you could move one of the gems from the body into the gloves and put AG in the body. Then equip it for -9% lightning res, etc.*

btw, you would need to replace elemental focus if you want to shock.

* I might actually do this for a PoH build update for 3.9, assuming necro doesn't get nerfed into the bin.

I hadn't considered using AG with PoH, but getting culling strike, fortify and an additional -9 lightning res back from the W&S build sounds tasty!
I need some help summoning Slave Driver spectres.

It takes me so much time in the Control Blocks trying to get Slave Drivers. If I accidentally summoned a corpse next to the Slave Driver, I have to re-summon everything to get a Driver. I have a really difficult time trying to find the Slave Driver corpse and summon a spectre of it.

Does anyone know any tricks to this? Or is it just always super time consuming?
HELLO, nice build but here on the page i don t get it witch one is the old version and new one:D

i see 2 passive three 2 ascendancy graph can u replay with the last verios of your build and also a thing what i couldn.t find is what jewel do u use!

Thank you!!
"
eFloyd wrote:
HELLO, nice build but here on the page i don t get it witch one is the old version and new one:D

i see 2 passive three 2 ascendancy graph can u replay with the last verios of your build and also a thing what i couldn.t find is what jewel do u use!

Thank you!!

I'm not sure what's confusing you. There are 2 builds in this guide. One is a W&S build that is low budget/SSF capable and the other is an expensive, end game min/max staff variant using PoH.

If you're new to summoners or are working within a certain budget, go W&S. It's solid dps (you can do 2-4m Shaper dps with minimal investment) and is very tanky. It is also is low maintenance, requiring fewer button pushes with the "trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" craft.

If you're sitting on a ton of currency, you can go PoH. It has massive dps (12-15m Shaper dps) and is a little more "sweaty" as it doesn't have as much damage mitigation, and requires more button pushes because it lacks the "trigger" craft.

Regarding jewels, both builds use Unending Hunger and Anatomical Knowledge, but neither are "required" - although Unending Hunger is a massive dps boost to both builds. Then they both just use Ghastly abyss jewels for life and boosts to minion damage.
"
th13f wrote:

It takes me so much time in the Control Blocks trying to get Slave Drivers. If I accidentally summoned a corpse next to the Slave Driver, I have to re-summon everything to get a Driver. I have a really difficult time trying to find the Slave Driver corpse and summon a spectre of it.

1. Go to control blocks
2. Desecrate or kill mobs
3. Hold "A" key to target corpses, you will see their name at the top
4. Raise 1 slave driver
5. Go to your hideout
6. Use desecrate
7. Hold "A" key and raise slave drivers.

There is 2 method to do it easily.

A) Remove Spell Echo so you dont raise other corpse by mistake.
B) Use all the other corpse by using Raise Zombie on them, and then raise the slave drivers corpses.

"
eFloyd wrote:

Thank you!!

They are two variants, neither is "old" or "new".

One of them is based on being super tanky, league starter friendly, SSF friendly, etc.

Other one is based on rare/expensive uniques and is very high damage (but less tanky), not SSF/League starter friendly.

Both of them use the same jewels, you can see them in PoB. Unending Hunger, Anatomical Knowledge and Ghostly Eye Jewels for minion damage. The Staff variant also uses a Watcher's Eye with % Mana as ES Clarity mod.
Last edited by worldpk on Oct 17, 2019, 10:36:36 AM
"
worldpk wrote:
"
th13f wrote:

1. Go to control blocks
2. Desecrate or kill mobs
3. Hold "A" key to target corpses, you will see their name at the top
4. Raise 1 slave driver
5. Go to your hideout
6. Use desecrate
7. Hold "A" key and raise slave drivers.

There is 2 method to do it easily.

A) Remove Spell Echo so you dont raise other corpse by mistake.
B) Use all the other corpse by using Raise Zombie on them, and then raise the slave drivers corpses.

"
eFloyd wrote:

Thank you!!

They are two variants, neither is "old" or "new".

One of them is based on being super tanky, league starter friendly, SSF friendly, etc.

Other one is based on rare/expensive uniques and is very high damage (but less tanky), not SSF/League starter friendly.

Both of them use the same jewels, you can see them in PoB. Unending Hunger, Anatomical Knowledge and Ghostly Eye Jewels for minion damage. The Staff variant also uses a Watcher's Eye with % Mana as ES Clarity mod.

you don't need to go all over control blocks looking for slave drivers, just right from the entrance use desecrate and hold a to see what the corpses are, in current version of poe, the lvl of the area doesnt matter, only the gem, so as long as u still have 1 slave driver u can just desecrate in whatever map/area ure in or in ure hideout. There is a trick posted in the guide labled how to summon spectres with poh. You keep 1 extra raise spectre gem in your secondary weapon about the same spot as your primary weapon and summon the spectre from your secondary weapon then switch back. eg.
(ignore 2nd spectre gem in secondary, just leveling) or if your using w&s remove spell echo from your chest, desecrate in control blocks, hold "a" while looking for slave driver(only need 1) then can summon the rest wherever you want. If your desecrate is connected to anything that doesn't let you use it have another desecrate in your secondary/offhand weapon. Just to make clear, you don't have to go around killing any mobs, just desecrate from the entrance. This goes for any area your trying to get spectres from, to get your desired spectre, you just need to be in their area.
Last edited by nechrophagy on Oct 17, 2019, 11:05:58 AM
I dropped about 50ex and made the change to PoH. The damage and clear speed is insane. But I feel a LOT squishier. I never died with W&S being near block capped and with all the life and regen. But I've died twice so far. I know it's a different playstyle, plus I need to make sure to play flask piano and make sure there are always corpses if things get a little dicey, but the damage and clear speed are crazy good.

Did a fast UE last night as well. Very smooth, near instant-phasing all around. Although casting convocation at the right time is just as crucial, otherwise, rip spectres.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info