[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Hey,

I keep having problems with my dmg, not sure why though. Would you be able to check my gear and my stats? My account name is "wewillbeheroes". The charakter name is "parkinsonboy".

Just some things:

- One of the Oro's sacrifice has really low rolls, the other has average rolls. Might be worth it to divine both higher.
- Anger watcher's eye will give a big damage boost
- Gear looks great overall but the rings could be significantly improved. Look for weapon elemental damage on them.
- Brood vessel and Apocalypse blood jewels are really bad, could improve them a lot.
- +2 molten strike helmet will increase molten strike damage by 1.4x

"
mouceen wrote:
I had really fun with this build so far but my flicker damage feels kinda low any tips at how I can increase it fast?

Profile is set to private.

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Hey man, been looking for a flicker strike build for betrayal and this looks fantastic! I'd like to ask you a few questions first if you'd have the time to answer.

I have about a 7ex budget, is that enough to start this build up and if so what items should I prioritize buying first?

I have a shroud of the Lightless as well, would it be feasible to use shroud along with some combination of tombfists, bubonic trail, a stygian and a lightpoacher to take advantage of abyss jewel stacking? It seemed like the only mandatory uniques were Oro's and Impresence.

Could you use IIQ items and do an MF setup (assuming you have a friend to pick up the drops lol)

Thanks for making such a detailed guide!

Yeah it's enough. I'd prioritize getting the Impresence amulet and then 2 6links, followed by the +2 molten strike helmet. 7 EX should get you an Impresence, a 6 linked Oro's and a mediocre 6link rare chest.

That gear swap variant will work as well, just don't run the tombfists. We already get intimidate from ascendancy and the rare gloves with "# to # added fire damage against burning enemies" are really good.

For gems to drop to run that setup I'd drop Enhance, Ancestral protector, blood rage, ice golem. Would need to pick up a few abyss jewels with "+% crit chance if you haven't crit recently" since a lot of crit would be lost from starkonja and ice golem.

Bubonic trail should have some really cool interaction with the new Cinderswallow flask too since I believe it counts as consuming corpses.

No clue about MF gear.

"
I have all the unique jewels including watcher's eye and two good abyss jewels atm, I was wondering what should I be working towards for upgrades other than gem quality/levels

For sure the +2 molten strike helmet instead of the +9% flicker damage per frenzy charge enchant. To put them in perspective the flicker enchant is only giving a 1.09x multiplier on flicker, while a +2 helmet would give 1.4x multiplier on molten strike.

Other than that gear looks amazing, next few levels pathing to harrier + the jewel socket should give around 1.15x damage.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Crimpingblow wrote:
Hey man, been looking for a flicker strike build for betrayal and this looks fantastic! I'd like to ask you a few questions first if you'd have the time to answer.

I have about a 7ex budget, is that enough to start this build up and if so what items should I prioritize buying first?

I have a shroud of the Lightless as well, would it be feasible to use shroud along with some combination of tombfists, bubonic trail, a stygian and a lightpoacher to take advantage of abyss jewel stacking? It seemed like the only mandatory uniques were Oro's and Impresence.

Could you use IIQ items and do an MF setup (assuming you have a friend to pick up the drops lol)

Thanks for making such a detailed guide!

Yeah it's enough. I'd prioritize getting the Impresence amulet and then 2 6links, followed by the +2 molten strike helmet. 7 EX should get you an Impresence, a 6 linked Oro's and a mediocre 6link rare chest.

That gear swap variant will work as well, just don't run the tombfists. We already get intimidate from ascendancy and the rare gloves with "# to # added fire damage against burning enemies" are really good.

For gems to drop to run that setup I'd drop Enhance, Ancestral protector, blood rage, ice golem. Would need to pick up a few abyss jewels with "+% crit chance if you haven't crit recently" since a lot of crit would be lost from starkonja and ice golem.

Bubonic trail should have some really cool interaction with the new Cinderswallow flask too since I believe it counts as consuming corpses.

No clue about MF gear.

Thanks for such a quick response! For the 6 link chest I think I'll look into potentially crafting one with the method you included in your guide, or maybe throw some currency at 5/6 linking the belly I've already got.

Thanks for the notes on the abyssal switch setup as well. May use the shroud as a pseudo 6L until I can get the belly running, and if I go that route which of the two main skills would benefit more from the level 20 ele pen? My initial thought would be the molten strike and in that case I assume I would drop ruthless?

Once again thanks for the guide and detailed responses!
"
For sure the +2 molten strike helmet instead of the +9% flicker damage per frenzy charge enchant. To put them in perspective the flicker enchant is only giving a 1.09x multiplier on flicker, while a +2 helmet would give 1.4x multiplier on molten strike.

Other than that gear looks amazing, next few levels pathing to harrier + the jewel socket should give around 1.15x damage.

thanks alot, I was just running uber labs and just hit the flicker enchant somehow. I am currently running atziri & cinderswallow with crit for flasks but I was wondering if it would be better to just run atziri & wise oak with crit boot enchants with onslaught on jewel with lightning golem

on the gloves, does the craft % increased damage while leeching mean its a permanent % increase since we leech every hit?
Last edited by mihts on Dec 15, 2018, 11:05:21 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
mouceen wrote:
I had really fun with this build so far but my flicker damage feels kinda low any tips at how I can increase it fast?

Profile is set to private.

Updated now.
First of all, thx to you for my first shaper kill :)
Second, I have another question.
We could free some nice points in our skilltree by using a Self-Flagellation Viridian jewel, or am I wrong here?

Again, awesome build you made here.
Which one is better for the build: Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace or Summon Flame Golem?
There's no cheap version of this? Oro's sacrifice with 6l its worth like 4 ex
"
mouceen wrote:
Updated now.

Both fire Impresence and Anger watcher's eye will give huge benefits.

"
Sherubim wrote:
First of all, thx to you for my first shaper kill :)
Second, I have another question.
We could free some nice points in our skilltree by using a Self-Flagellation Viridian jewel, or am I wrong here?

Again, awesome build you made here.

Gz! Wish it was that easy getting +1 curse. Self-flagellation increases the curse limit on you only. So both enemies and you can apply more harmful curse on YOU.

"
BramshLT wrote:
Which one is better for the build: Vaal Haste, Vaal Grace or Summon Flame Golem?

Vaal Grace would have the most synergy, as it increases our dodge chance from 40% to 74% for 6 seconds, which is around a 60% reduction in average incoming damage. This is insane for syndicate events, especially at gear levels when the syndicate can be all killed within 6 seconds.

Will most likely be making an update to the guide recommending vaal grace instead of the enhance gem - Since you won't need to make a swap just keep the enhance gem at that time.

"
nico5051 wrote:
There's no cheap version of this? Oro's sacrifice with 6l its worth like 4 ex

It's possible to get very far (At least to high yellow maps) on just a rare 6 link chest and a 5 link Oro's.
- Scion Build Guides -

"
thanks alot, I was just running uber labs and just hit the flicker enchant somehow. I am currently running atziri & cinderswallow with crit for flasks but I was wondering if it would be better to just run atziri & wise oak with crit boot enchants with onslaught on jewel with lightning golem

on the gloves, does the craft % increased damage while leeching mean its a permanent % increase since we leech every hit?

Yeah that seems like a solid plan with the gems/flasks.

I'm not 100% sure but it is likely that it is not a permanent bonus as life leech effects are removed at full hp. It would be a permanent bonus for the slayer though and the scion-slayer as both of these continue leeching at full hp.
- Scion Build Guides -

I was wondering if it was possible to use Volkuur's Guidance Zealot Gloves. Or is it not worth it?
Would it help?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info