[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Really loving this build so far. Just have a couple more questions:

Which gems should be prioritised when upgrading gems to 20 quality?
&
What is the best skill gem to replace Ice Golem in the CWDT setup if I have the 120% increased crit chance lab enchant?
Last edited by BramshLT on Dec 15, 2018, 6:34:08 AM
Any recommendation for direction for endgame purchases?

Build still feels pretty strong in t11, though I generally get obliterated in t12 if a high level Tora shows up.

Currently I am aware I need better jewels (unsure if I should just save up for 2x might of the meek right now,) a 5L/6L chest, 6L Oro's, and molten strike projectile enchant. All of them are pretty expensive options, do you think any particular one is more important than the rest?
You should include this: if you want a 3B/3R link but still want to be able to swap to ancestral call for delve, you can get Vorici to rank 3 in Research and he'll add 1-3 white sockets to your weapon. If one lands on a blue you can swap freely between immolate and ancestral call
"
TeddBunddy wrote:
How do you craft using "at least one blue socket"? Wasn't that a vorici thing and he's no longer a master in 3.5?

It's definitely still there in betrayal, if it's not at your crafting bench might have to unlock it in delve.

"
Therrom wrote:
I have a question about Blood Rage.

If I am supposed to leave Cast When Damage Taken and the other gems on level 14/16 so they won't activate Blood Rage, why even 4 link them at all?
Wouldn't it be better to leave Blood Rage seperate? Maybe even put it in a ring socket?

That way, I could level every gem to 20 and still cast Blood Rage manually.

That's a great point. The level of cast when damage is recommended 14 since that felt like a good amount of damage to activate it (2000 damage), but if you want to level it all the way up to 20 (3200 damage) for max immortal call there really isn't a need to 4 link it. Will add it to guide under gem explanations thanks for pointing it out.

"
balanced wrote:
Thanks for the build

Thanks for the kind words balanced!

"
enicces wrote:
Do we still use Atziri's Step now that we got crafts like onslaught on kill etc. on boots?

Yeah, onslaught on kill isn't attractive on boots since it can be easily obtained on abyss jewels.

"
BramshLT wrote:
Really loving this build so far. Just have a couple more questions:

Which gems should be prioritised when upgrading gems to 20 quality?
&
What is the best skill gem to replace Ice Golem in the CWDT setup if I have the 120% increased crit chance lab enchant?

Offensively molten strike and flicker strike benefit the most from quality. Defensively blasphemy and enfeeble benefit the most.

Lightning golem (level 16) is best sustained damage golem, defensive option vaal grace is powerful as well since it brings us to dodge cap for 6 seconds. It feels good without the cast time now too.

"
BigBlappa wrote:
Any recommendation for direction for endgame purchases?

Build still feels pretty strong in t11, though I generally get obliterated in t12 if a high level Tora shows up.

Currently I am aware I need better jewels (unsure if I should just save up for 2x might of the meek right now,) a 5L/6L chest, 6L Oro's, and molten strike projectile enchant. All of them are pretty expensive options, do you think any particular one is more important than the rest?

For sure try to get the 6links with right colours first, they'll give a lot more power than might of meek or +2 helmet will.

"
You should include this: if you want a 3B/3R link but still want to be able to swap to ancestral call for delve, you can get Vorici to rank 3 in Research and he'll add 1-3 white sockets to your weapon. If one lands on a blue you can swap freely between immolate and ancestral call

Wow great idea, gonna add it thanks!
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Could you look at my profile and give me a tip how to I can make myself less prone to physical damage? my resistances are capped but i still die super fast.

Disclaimer- I'm a noob and I realize my gem setup is messed up at the moment, I don't have the fusings to respec my leveling gear and I realise I'll probably have to get rid of some of it for the sake of survivability.

Again, thanks a bunch!
"
Could you look at my profile and give me a tip how to I can make myself less prone to physical damage? my resistances are capped but i still die super fast.

Disclaimer- I'm a noob and I realize my gem setup is messed up at the moment, I don't have the fusings to respec my leveling gear and I realise I'll probably have to get rid of some of it for the sake of survivability.

Again, thanks a bunch!

Really need some life on your gear, right now every piece of gear put together is giving +17 life in total.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571

I have all the unique jewels including watcher's eye and two good abyss jewels atm, I was wondering what should I be working towards for upgrades other than gem quality/levels
Last edited by mihts on Dec 15, 2018, 5:01:05 PM
Hey man, been looking for a flicker strike build for betrayal and this looks fantastic! I'd like to ask you a few questions first if you'd have the time to answer.

I have about a 7ex budget, is that enough to start this build up and if so what items should I prioritize buying first?

I have a shroud of the Lightless as well, would it be feasible to use shroud along with some combination of tombfists, bubonic trail, a stygian and a lightpoacher to take advantage of abyss jewel stacking? It seemed like the only mandatory uniques were Oro's and Impresence.

Could you use IIQ items and do an MF setup (assuming you have a friend to pick up the drops lol)

Thanks for making such a detailed guide!
I had really fun with this build so far but my flicker damage feels kinda low any tips at how I can increase it fast?
Last edited by mouceen on Dec 15, 2018, 5:36:29 PM
Hey,

I keep having problems with my dmg, not sure why though. Would you be able to check my gear and my stats? My account name is "wewillbeheroes". The charakter name is "parkinsonboy".

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info