[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Is there a trick to getting the Oro's Sacrifice 3 blue and 3 red? I just cant hit the colors on the one in my cube that I'm trying to perfect.
Hey I have a question. Why not always use ancestral call? There's a trick you can do on bosses where you aim slightly away from the boss, which gives you one hit on the boss and one slightly next to it per attack, so you get 2x the projectiles. Is this still weaker than fire penetration?
If I don't mind weapon swapping, how much better is Kaoms Hear's compared to Belly?
"
TeddBunddy wrote:
Is there a trick to getting the Oro's Sacrifice 3 blue and 3 red? I just cant hit the colors on the one in my cube that I'm trying to perfect.

Craft it using "At least one blue socket" that costs 4 chromes to do. It costs less on average then just chrome spamming it. Chance that way is 1/110 around.

"
Hey I have a question. Why not always use ancestral call? There's a trick you can do on bosses where you aim slightly away from the boss, which gives you one hit on the boss and one slightly next to it per attack, so you get 2x the projectiles. Is this still weaker than fire penetration?

Nerfed in 3.4 - That being said I am unsure of the new numbers. If you experiment and find it way better please come here and call me out on it.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Skill Balance

- The auto-targeting done by single-target melee attacks such as Heavy Strike or Molten Strike (ie. any attack that requires "namelocking") now targets enemies within a wider area, based on the total range of your attack. The width of this targeting area grows by 1 unit per 3 units of melee range. This should make it much easier to target enemies with these skills.

- The following melee skills now gain additional melee weapon range every 7 levels, up to +2 at level 20 (and +3 at level 21): Dual Strike, Elemental Hit, Frenzy, Glacial Hammer, Heavy Strike, Molten Strike, Puncture, Riposte, Static Strike, Viper Strike, Wild Strike, Vigilant Strike, Ancestral Protector, Dominating Blow.

Pretty clever way to nerf it, they made it sound like a buff but it was a subtle way of trying to put this interaction in the dirt.

Have to stand way further away to abuse the mechanic which in turn reduces the overlap between the two molten strike "circles", lowering damage.

While +2 radius doesn't sound like much it is pretty significant for melee. Here are comparison pictures, have to stand outside the circle to abuse the mechanic - If you stand inside the circle ancestral call won't activate:

Before:

Spoiler

After:

Spoiler

"
BramshLT wrote:
If I don't mind weapon swapping, how much better is Kaoms Hear's compared to Belly?

+500-700 hp over a belly / +6-8% more damage / -45% resist
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
How do you craft using "at least one blue socket"? Wasn't that a vorici thing and he's no longer a master in 3.5?
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
Elidos wrote:
Heeya, just started your build. I imported your PoB and i see that the skill tree in PoB is a lot different then all the skill trees here on the forum.

It is kinda confusing me.

So i just keep using the forum tree for now but could you clarify which of the skill tree versions to follow?

TLDR - use the trees under the leveling section, then follow the trees in the endgame section.

The higher level trees (level 90+) assume the ascendancy perk "Path of the duelist" has been unlocked in the uber lab. This ascendancy allows the scion to start from the duelist start. To maximize the effectiveness of "Path of the Duelist", we end up reshuffling some passive points around. We only do this after Uber lab is complete so please don't worry about it for now.

Thought that was the case haha, thanks!! :D
Build plays very well so far!
I have a question about Blood Rage.

If I am supposed to leave Cast When Damage Taken and the other gems on level 14/16 so they won't activate Blood Rage, why even 4 link them at all?
Wouldn't it be better to leave Blood Rage seperate? Maybe even put it in a ring socket?

That way, I could level every gem to 20 and still cast Blood Rage manually.

Cleared all content

Thanks for the build
Last edited by balanced on Dec 16, 2018, 9:57:06 PM
Cleared a Large chunk of Content by Lvl 75 been pretty fun so far

Do we still use Atziri's Step now that we got crafts like onslaught on kill etc. on boots?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info