[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
_clockwork_ wrote:
Can someone help me out with what gear I should upgrade next? I have about 2-3ex right now, (most I've ever had) but I'm not sure what to prioritize. I'd like to have more life, and cap my res. But what is the most efficient way to go about it?

first of all, you have a wildfire on a wrong socket. might of the meek can help you a bit with resistances and life, if you put it into the socket where you have the rare jewel called "gale scratch"

yo TO, you ever compared your build to a Terminus Est Build with roughly the same investment? I guess even with unlimited budget Oro's is still better since the crit nerf?

Really good build you made there, it's rare that I get impressed by a build anymore, I play since Jan 2013.

I played some variants of raider with flicker strike, dreamfeather + qotf and belly + lycosidae + foil. Best clearspeed of all builds in the game is probably Inpulsa based Flicker with Headhunter and all the stuff right now, but your build has almost the same clearspeed but is way tankier and has better single target.
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
Last edited by Insomniask on Oct 24, 2018, 6:49:21 AM
"
_clockwork_ wrote:
Can someone help me out with what gear I should upgrade next? I have about 2-3ex right now, (most I've ever had) but I'm not sure what to prioritize. I'd like to have more life, and cap my res. But what is the most efficient way to go about it?

Hey Clockwork,

1) As jef4zo has said a second might of the meek will help a lot. The second might of the meek is actually much better than the first one due to how the game deals with rounding of numbers on the passive tree.

For example right now your one might of the meek is hitting multiple +5% maximum life nodes. With one might of the meek the value is only bumped up to +7% (It rounds down from 7.5%). With two might of the meek that 5% maximum health goes all the way up to 10%.

2) Your "Wise oak" flask penetration is currently inactive for fire damage. Ideally you want fire resist to be your highest resist, so you can get the additional penetration effect activated on fire damage.

3) Flask with bleed immunity/cleanse. Or jewel with corrupted implicit which makes you immune to corrupted blood.

4) Abyss jewel with blind on hit. Single target molten strike will allow good uptime even with low % chance to blind.

5) Concerning specific gear upgrades, it looks like you are weakest in the jewel area. For sure invest in a good watcher's eye. May be worth investing in better rare jewels too, if you find yourself too squishy +50 hp on all your jewels goes a long long way. Second might of the meek is good value too.

6) May be worth leveling blood rage up to level 20 and manually casting it. Having it activate on CWDT may get you into trouble.

"
Insomniask wrote:
yo TO, you ever compared your build to a Terminus Est Build with roughly the same investment? I guess even with unlimited budget Oro's is still better since the crit nerf?

Really good build you made there, it's rare that I get impressed by a build anymore, I play since Jan 2013.

I played some variants of raider with flicker strike, dreamfeather + qotf and belly + lycosidae + foil. Best clearspeed of all builds in the game is probably Inpulsa based Flicker with Headhunter and all the stuff right now, but your build has almost the same clearspeed but is way tankier and has better single target.

Hey thanks for the kind words!

If I recall correctly the terminus est version has much higher top end damage for flicker strike, I'm not sure how molten strike compares. Memory is hazy but I think the dps in maps vs white mobs is around 2 mil under perfect conditions, whereas this build is 800k-1 mil flicker damage under perfect white mobs conditions.

It's a lot more dependent on flask uptime for good dps too, and is a lot squishier especially if using an abyssus.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Insomniask wrote:

"
Monhsaroh wrote:
Hey thanks for the kind words!

But its true. Im not a poe player since 2013, but i tryed some builds, and this build liked more than ngmahu cyclone(that build loved too much)

Has a insane clearspeed, and dps against bosses are too fast.
Thanks OP for the great flicker build.
I have obtained >50% of the required item but still my flicker damage is way too low, can't even clear Act2 mob.
Is there anything wrong with my item or skill?

Thanks
"
jef4zo wrote:
But its true. Im not a poe player since 2013, but i tryed some builds, and this build liked more than ngmahu cyclone(that build loved too much)

Glad you're enjoying it!

"
freeeeezingp wrote:
I have obtained >50% of the required item but still my flicker damage is way too low, can't even clear Act2 mob.

Thanks

Damage is a bit low, there's a few things you can do to get it higher:

- Atziri's promise flask, +9% more damage

- Wise oak flask (make sure you fire resist is highest), +8% more damage

- Final frenzy charge in passive tree, +10% more damage

- Socket top right of scion start, and putting an anger watcher's eye in it (4 passive points + 80 chaos), +15% damage

Just these 4 things added together will give you roughly 1.5x your current damage.

Rings and belt with increased elemental damage from attacks will also help a lot, currently you only have +255% increased damage in total which is quite low. Any % increased damage you can get on gear will be very effective.

Hope this helps.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hi! I've been REALLY enjoying this build and I just got to the level to operate with Flicker. It's really fun, the damage feels a bit low but I fixed it up with some rings and I'm currently in the process of browsing around.

I had a question, mainly about the rings. I saw The Taming looked pretty perfect for this build but I couldn't find any mention of it in your original post (Either I'm blind or it's not there). Is there a reason you didn't mention it? I have more than enough EX to throw at buying one but I'm gonna wait for some confirmation before I go and get it, incase there's something I missed.

(I just noticed it's there I'm so sorry LOL I CANT READ)
Last edited by Kioskara on Oct 26, 2018, 12:47:00 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
jef4zo wrote:

Glad you're enjoying it!

"
freeeeezingp wrote:

Thanks

Damage is a bit low, there's a few things you can do to get it higher:

- Atziri's promise flask, +9% more damage

- Wise oak flask (make sure you fire resist is highest), +8% more damage

- Final frenzy charge in passive tree, +10% more damage

- Socket top right of scion start, and putting an anger watcher's eye in it (4 passive points + 80 chaos), +15% damage

Just these 4 things added together will give you roughly 1.5x your current damage.

Rings and belt with increased elemental damage from attacks will also help a lot, currently you only have +255% increased damage in total which is quite low. Any % increased damage you can get on gear will be very effective.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion!
They make HUGE differents.
Its my 4th char and the strongest one now.
The build, respecting the base, its a bit flexible. As i said, i changed the chest for the cospri's will, and save some points, and the hexproof for have allways enfeeble on, is really good.

I changed too, one might of the meek for a the red dream(put it on the bottom). With fire resistance node, and the Sentinel node, you have 37% chance to generate Endurance charge on hit. With an Atziri's Step with 1+ enduracen charge(are not really expensive) you have always up 5 charges (20% damage reduction)

lv 95= 5,9k life, 5 endurance charges always up, monstrers cant avoid enfeeble....
Last edited by jef4zo on Oct 27, 2018, 5:20:10 PM
Hi Monhsaroh,

I'm really enjoying this build, it's only my second one (first one was Guffin's McFlurry, which I love too, but I wanted to try Delve and his guide pointed to yours..)

I've found it 10x easier to farm for currency in Delve, so I've been able to get most of the end game gear and still have about 15ex left now - I'd love to get your feedback if there is anything I'm missing or could easily improve on?

I know my gloves and rings can be better, I messed up bad when I re-speced to the 93 tree - I took off my gear to see the total resists I needed and my lack of int meant that my Helmet fire resist wasn't included, so I sacrificed life and Ele Dmg to hit resist (+needing int) - I could have smacked myself when I found I had 125 fire res... at that point I'd spent hours on trade and cbf to fix them yet because I have to fix all 3.

I easily beat Red Elder deathless (I know, not hard but it's my first time) and Guardians (Phoenix and Chimera deathless, Hydra killed me once because I walked up to it's face thinking I could tank it, and Minotaur one shot me once when I lost track of his burrow). I'm ready to try Shaper now, so that will be fun - how do I calc. my Shaper DPS in POB?

On the +3 Molten Enchant:
I got my helmet from a 'shop', it's a bit of a gamble with the affixes, but for <2ex (1ex for fractured fossil, 80c for copy fee) I think it was a good investment - I'm happy to share the 'shop' link if you're ok to have it in your thread?

On Elemental Reflect mod:
I read all pages and a lot of people are asking about it. On the 88 and lower trees (where we keep the res nodes!) I had no problem keeping a ring slot free so that I could run the ring "Sibyl's Lament" (left ring slot) with Pantheon as Yugul + Solaris (Guffin has a good guide, that I won't copy here) - I was having no issues in red maps with Elemental reflect.

On the 93+ trees, I have two thoughts and would love your feedback on whether they are viable, though I don't know if I will try it just to run 1 mod:
1) Save all your reflect maps (usually corrupted ones) and when you have a lot, just re-spec to get the res nodes so you can free up a ring slot - easy option but also a hassle unless you have a lot of reflect maps, as you will suffer in other stats.
2) Use rare boots and helm to balance resists, keeping 1 ring slot with no resists (or at least make sure you don't need them) then use Sibyl's etc. as needed. You might suffer with some loss of evasion though as rares don't measure up to Starkonja's and Atziri's in that category, but you could end up with more life and damage stats pretty easily to compensate. The other benefit is you can run a really offensive ring (e.g. The Taming) in the left slot when not doing elemental reflect.
I like the thought of option 2 and might try it, but do you think it's viable?

Also, in your next guide edit could you please colour the gems text with their respective colours? Helps a newbie like me to visualise :)

Thanks again, really enjoying the build!
Last edited by eaglecnt on Oct 27, 2018, 9:55:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info