[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hi, I enjoyed the build so far (level 95 atm) so thanks a lot for that.
Do you have any advice to delve deeper ? I'm kinda stuck around 220, below that I get one shoted from time to time and since I'm aiming for level 100, I'd rather stay alive.
https://pastebin.com/4HLAvmhY
Last edited by Selenba00 on Oct 10, 2018, 11:22:44 PM
"
Selenba00 wrote:
Do you have any advice to delve deeper ? I'm kinda stuck around 220, below that I get one shoted from time to time and since I'm aiming for level 100, I'd rather stay alive.

Hey Selenba!

Gear looks great, there's a few things you can still do to increase survivability/damage:

- Level flammability, enfeeble, ancestral protector up to level 20. There is no downside to leveling them up - you're missing out on a lot of power by having them at level 1.

- Blind on hit on an abyss jewel. Even with a low % chance to blind on hit molten strike hits enough to have blind up consistently.

- Be extremely cautious in areas/maps which are "Hexproof". Enfeeble gets deactivated which opens you up to take huge crits.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Hi, i just wanted to say thanks for the build, its really fun. The only thing i changed is a link in Flicker, i feel using Ancestral call the skill is a lot smoother and im leaving the 6th link for combustion.
I was wondering what should i invest next (yes i know its annoying everyone asking the same xD) i dont have much time to play so i have around 2 ex left. Would my best option be a 6 link? or maybe a jewel?
Thanks again mate.
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
Selenba00 wrote:

Hey Selenba!

Gear looks great, there's a few things you can still do to increase survivability/damage:

- Level flammability, enfeeble, ancestral protector up to level 20. There is no downside to leveling them up - you're missing out on a lot of power by having them at level 1.

- Blind on hit on an abyss jewel. Even with a low % chance to blind on hit molten strike hits enough to have blind up consistently.

- Be extremely cautious in areas/maps which are "Hexproof". Enfeeble gets deactivated which opens you up to take huge crits.

Yeah I just reseted the gams for quality receipe. I didn't think about blind on hit, thanks !
I was also wondering if Xoph's blood wouldn't be better than impresence, with maybe a manual cast flammability for bosses (Or spell totem flammability). How effective are -res curses vs bosses ? I could also try to fit in an arctic armor or something, but i'd need to change the tree a little bit...
Maybe I'll buy a +1 curse impresence to get back a bunch of points and put them in survavibility.
Anyway, thanks a lot again.
Last edited by Selenba00 on Oct 12, 2018, 11:04:21 PM
Hi there, I found there is a molten strike specified build from you,
tho I enjoyed your FS/MS strike already,
I reli wanna take the pathfinder ascendancy instead as the infinite potion and fast mvspd.

Here's the POB modified by myself,
https://pastebin.com/Sq0JVmQ0

not much changes on tree, all the gears are the same,
please advise:)
Hi there! I've been following this build because I have never had an insane high level character. I have been really O.P so far (level 70), but now that I am in the maps I am finding that resistances are brutal. I have had to make some concessions in gearing but have found decent enough alternatives. I would appreciate some suggestions with how you think I can bulk up this build's resistances.

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/0u9TUFv3
Hey, thank you so much for the awesome guide :)

I started building my character and in easy maps I am doing just fine. In high-tier maps with difficult mods (elder influence + double beyond for example) I get my ass beaten really hard, cant even finish half of the map before running out of portals.

Could you OP or some any other experienced player have a look at my gear and tell me what I should improve? Currently I have a budget of around 5 exalts.
"
Ema_rose wrote:
Hi, i just wanted to say thanks for the build, its really fun. The only thing i changed is a link in Flicker, i feel using Ancestral call the skill is a lot smoother and im leaving the 6th link for combustion.
I was wondering what should i invest next (yes i know its annoying everyone asking the same xD) i dont have much time to play so i have around 2 ex left. Would my best option be a 6 link? or maybe a jewel?
Thanks again mate.

Hey bro glad you are having fun. There's a few things you can do to:

- Can drop "Wisdom of the Glade" passive, you have enough int already

- Your Oro's has a pretty low roll, even using a single divine orb on it will most likely make it significantly better.

- Utility flask with curse immunity. This is really important.

- Concerning what to upgrade, I'd look for abyss jewels with +45 life on them as well as high life rolls on your rare gear, even if it comes at the cost of damage. Life on gear should always be priority #1.

Good idea putting combustion on ancestral protector, very smart. Any 6link or a +3 MS helm enchant will be a significant boost in damage, they are all quite expensive unfortunately.

"
Selenba00 wrote:
Yeah I just reseted the gams for quality receipe. I didn't think about blind on hit, thanks !
I was also wondering if Xoph's blood wouldn't be better than impresence, with maybe a manual cast flammability for bosses (Or spell totem flammability). How effective are -res curses vs bosses ? I could also try to fit in an arctic armor or something, but i'd need to change the tree a little bit...
Maybe I'll buy a +1 curse impresence to get back a bunch of points and put them in survavibility.
Anyway, thanks a lot again.

Hey np!

Used Xoph's for 20 hours or so but felt Impresence was better. The "Covered in ashes" debuff is really OP but only lasts for 4 seconds. Combined with the high dodge/evade chance we get it didn't appear that it had very good uptime especially during maps. If your pockets are deep highly encourage you to try a Xoph's and form your own opinion.

Rule of thumb is that all curses are really bad vs bosses - 80% less effectiveness vs Shaper/Elder and guardians (60% against any other bosses). Let's say your flammability tooltip shows -40% fire resistance, against Shaper it would only give -8%.

Buffs that affect you instead of the boss, like auras or arctic armor, are significantly more efficient vs bosses.

"
mrp4ssion wrote:
Hi there, I found there is a molten strike specified build from you,
tho I enjoyed your FS/MS strike already,
I reli wanna take the pathfinder ascendancy instead as the infinite potion and fast mvspd.

Here's the POB modified by myself,
https://pastebin.com/Sq0JVmQ0

not much changes on tree, all the gears are the same,
please advise:)

Looks good overall, don't think it's worth it to travel that far up into scion start for the jewel socket though. Taking the Scion life wheel instead would probably be more lucrative.

"
asmittie wrote:
Hi there! I've been following this build because I have never had an insane high level character. I have been really O.P so far (level 70), but now that I am in the maps I am finding that resistances are brutal. I have had to make some concessions in gearing but have found decent enough alternatives. I would appreciate some suggestions with how you think I can bulk up this build's resistances.

Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/0u9TUFv3

Hey Asmittie,

It looks like you've taken the wrong ascendancy. A lot of the defensive power of the build comes from the juggernaut as well as the champion ascendancy. The shadow is a strong damage choice, but it may leave you feeling a tad squishy. Additionally, unique items aren't always better than rares, it may be swapping out some of your unique gear for some rares which give resistance.

Hope this helps.

"
zweckform wrote:
Hey, thank you so much for the awesome guide :)

I started building my character and in easy maps I am doing just fine. In high-tier maps with difficult mods (elder influence + double beyond for example) I get my ass beaten really hard, cant even finish half of the map before running out of portals.

Could you OP or some any other experienced player have a look at my gear and tell me what I should improve? Currently I have a budget of around 5 exalts.

Hey Zweckform,

Looks like you're currently using a magic find set of gear so can't give any real gear recommendation as I assume it's not your actual leveling gear. Other than that everything looks really clean.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Hey Zweckform,

Looks like you're currently using a magic find set of gear so can't give any real gear recommendation as I assume it's not your actual leveling gear. Other than that everything looks really clean.

Sorry, have changed it to my actual gear.
I was doing low tier maps because it seems that i loose money on high tier ones. I can do t16 maps with easy mods only :/
Last edited by zweckform on Oct 16, 2018, 11:58:24 AM
Well, thanks for this build, I'm playing it from almost the start of the league, and I'm really enjoying it.

This was the 2nd league I played and I just killed the Shaper, on the first attempt (3 death tho), so for a noobish player like me, this helped me very much, and I just came here to thank you!

Best of luck, and thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info