[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
jef4zo wrote:
The build, respecting the base, its a bit flexible.

Yup, there's a lot of customization possible to get something that you're happy with. Could even put points back into whispers of doom and run triple curse with glove corruption for temp chains or ele weakness on hit. Not sure if worth though.

"
eaglecnt wrote:
Hi Monhsaroh,

I'm really enjoying this build, it's only my second one (first one was Guffin's McFlurry, which I love too, but I wanted to try Delve and his guide pointed to yours..)

Jesus I wish my first character was Guffin's build. God tier poe luck right there.

Calculating molten strike dps in POB is pretty odd. First let me say that if you don't want to read you can use this site, note that it looks like the dps is being calculated on boss monsters, which have lower fire resist than shaper/elder/guardians.

If you want to read:

1) Find the average damage per magma ball

Spoiler

2) Find attack speed of MELEE hits with molten strike. A bug in POB results in the attack speed bonus of multi-strike not being applied to the magma ball calculations.

Spoiler

3) Multiply:

Average damage per ball X Attacks per second X # of balls you have X 0.46. The 0.46 is there because on big boss targets like shaper or elder, there is roughly a 46% chance for each ball to hit a target.

In this example we have an average ball damage of 59 000, attacks per second of 9.86 and let's say 12 balls (with dying sun flask). This would result in a magma ball dps of 59 000 x 9.86 x 12 x 0.46 = 3.2 million.

4) Add molten strike melee damage

Spoiler

3.2mil + 400k = 3.6mil

---

Concerning gear for reflect, you should be able to use rare helmet and boots no problem if you are able to get your health over 6500. After 6500 hp, you are pretty much out of 1 shot physical damage range and evasion becomes less of a priority.

As you say, option 1 sounds pretty annoying. Option 2 would be better imo.

Another way around reflect, if you are farming one map, is to just wait until you roll the sextant where you can't take reflected damage.

Will send you PM regarding your other points.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Oct 28, 2018, 9:48:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply on using POB for Molten Strike calc. I think it was easier for me to do it that way than to use the website :)
I am just now joining into Delve league... I know, a bit late. This build look SO awesome I can't wait to get my character up and running on it. Kudos to OP for this sweet sweet detail too.

Was wondering if people are happy with this build's performance later into the league now, and also if anyone has messed with alternatives to Champion/Jugg ascendancies. I'm not a super hardcore player, so I was considering maybe trading out some tankablility of this build for more clear speed/single target dmg.

Anyone messed with some variations?
Can i change Molten Strike with Vaal Double Strike and get somthing like 3 Watcher's eye that convert Phys to Fire?
hi,

I am using your build and it's really good.
Just that, i keep lacking mana when doing packs.
any advice on that?

also, is it advisable to get that lava lash passive?
I started Delve with this build and it has been very enjoyable. Even with budget gears and 5L skill the build was still able to plow through endgame with ease.

I've taken the build as far as I could and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Delving is a breeze with molten strike + ancestral call. Uber Elder and guardians are easy. Best of all is that I hardly ever die at all due to the many layers of defense.

I did some twists to the build. It's more expensive but it's better for sure.

First the rings:

It could be a better shaper ring with elemental damage but I really needed the res.

I got quite lucky with fossil crafting. This helmet has everything this build needs. Flat accuracy is a really nice here too.

I went and fetched Whispers of Doom for +1 curse and run Enfeeble instead of Arctic Armour. It helps alot in deep Delves where mobs can hit for a lot of dmg.

Also i run a

It's a 10s onslaugh. This build is generating frenzy charges so fast it not even noticable when the charges get spent.

Here's my full gearset:

POB: https://pastebin.com/Cc2Qw4Hf
Last edited by gigarez on Nov 2, 2018, 10:27:54 AM
"
gigarez wrote:

Do you still have a POB of your character somewhere? I tried looking at your profile with no luck.
"
liukang23 wrote:
Can i change Molten Strike with Vaal Double Strike and get somthing like 3 Watcher's eye that convert Phys to Fire?

Unfortunately build doesn't work well with vaal double strike since it can't exploit the built in bleed bonuses. Tried to make it work but wasn't able to.

"
wingraiderx wrote:
hi,

I am using your build and it's really good.
Just that, i keep lacking mana when doing packs.
any advice on that?

also, is it advisable to get that lava lash passive?

Get a jewel with +2 mana on hit. After a certain level you shouldn't have mana issues though. Lava lash isn't advisable, for just one more point you can path to Divine Fervour (templar start) and get similar damage but a lot more hp.

"
sum_ignis wrote:
I am just now joining into Delve league... I know, a bit late. This build look SO awesome I can't wait to get my character up and running on it. Kudos to OP for this sweet sweet detail too.

Was wondering if people are happy with this build's performance later into the league now, and also if anyone has messed with alternatives to Champion/Jugg ascendancies. I'm not a super hardcore player, so I was considering maybe trading out some tankablility of this build for more clear speed/single target dmg.

Anyone messed with some variations?

Hey Ignis!

I'm not sure if any other ascendancy actually gives more dps than the ones chosen. If you want to trade tankiness for damage, doing so through gear/gem changes would most likely be optimal. There's been quite a few players who have posted their aggressive version of the build if you want to get some ideas for gear swaps (loreweave, the taming, yoke of suffering, lightpoacher, just to name a few).
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Vozs15 wrote:
"
gigarez wrote:

Do you still have a POB of your character somewhere? I tried looking at your profile with no luck.

It was time to move onto another build so I stripped her xD.
Here's the PoB for my character: https://pastebin.com/Cc2Qw4Hf
I have a Kaom's heart a 6l Loreweave, a 6l oro and a 5 link oro... (these are spare items on standart) Should i run 6l oro with loreweave or 6 + 5 link oros with Kaom's heart?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info