[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
rozakk wrote:
@OP - now that might of the meek jewels are stupid expensive and may stay that way (50c each) - is it still pretty much a requirement to get them? How far can you get by on other dmg/life jewels instead? thanks!

There are certainly budget jewel options for this slot.

Might of the meeks are essentially a very good rare jewel themselves, if you break it down they each give:

- 11.5% maximum life
- 10% projectile damage (Or 9% all res if you path that way)
- 5% attack speed

Looking for jewels with the same stat on poe.trade, we get something like this (incursion flashback):

Spoiler

Assuming that the jewels sockets are still worth taking (they are):

For half the price you get the same offensive stats, at the cost of 4.5-5.5% maximum life.

However, since life is so valuable for us, I do recommend eventually getting the might of the meek jewels. They are by no means required but the power they give for the cost is too good to pass up on, even for 50c each. 4.5% life is worth paying a premium for.

---

Extra note:

If you don't go the might of the meek route you can also take the very potent "Skittering runes" passive above the scion life wheel node. Skittering runes is weak vs curse resistant bosses but very efficient against normal monsters since we use 2 curses. This large passive is usually disabled by the might of the meek drawback.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
So I've completed uber elder now after getting my oro's 6linked - 2 deaths due to lag but I guess it helps that I've done the fight countless times on ISC with different characters. Deathless is easily doable even on <10ex gear.

Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 11, 2018, 6:59:39 AM
I love this guide..
Please upgrade after delve patch notes because it will be my starter build next expansion
thanks a ton for bringing back this amazing skill.
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
So I've completed uber elder now after getting my oro's 6linked - 2 deaths due to lag but I guess it helps that I've done the fight countless times on ISC with different characters. Deathless is easily doable even on <10ex gear.

Definitely feels like Uber elder is more of a knowledge/experience check than a gear check. Wouldn't be that surprised to see people consider the fight as easy as they consider the Shaper fight right now after a league or two have passed. Hope he dropped you an eye.

"
sasori962009 wrote:
I love this guide..
Please upgrade after delve patch notes because it will be my starter build next expansion
thanks a ton for bringing back this amazing skill.

That's the plan! Will most likely be trying the build on HC next league.

Only worry is how flicker strike will interact with the delve darkness mechanic, it might be frustrating to play if flicker always brings you out of the light.
- Scion Build Guides -

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Definitely feels like Uber elder is more of a knowledge/experience check than a gear check. Wouldn't be that surprised to see people consider the fight as easy as they consider the Shaper fight right now after a league or two have passed. Hope he dropped you an eye.

I agree the fight is definitely about experience. Once it clicks its fairly easy most of the time.. Sadly no eye drop, nor in one of the next 5 runs lol. owell.

I just 6linked another Oros so I'm thinking about grabbing a Kaom's to replace my current shitty 6l chest - I don't mind weapon swapping as I'm used to it from playing my elehit on ISC.

I'd now like to improve my current equipment piece by piece.. Current gear:

POB: https://pastebin.com/k9RQD7eQ

Next purchase is gonna be a Kaom's Heart but I'm not sure what to do after that. I'd really love to boost my flicker damage to make clearing t16s less of a chore.. flickering 3-4seconds between one pack of blues gets annoying.

I guess I could upgrade my jewels one by one and see if I can snipe a "cheap" double watchers but im not sure what else could give me an significant improvement at this stage. Don't have the res rn to spec out of the scion res nodes either..

As always any input is much appreciated (:

E: Was also thinking about dropping enfeeble + enhance and getting a lightpoacher instead as defense really isn't an issue at this stage. Although Im not sure if it would be a decent tradeoff.

E2: I'll also recolor my oros once I get more chromas -.-
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 11, 2018, 7:19:40 PM
I really would like to play this build. Currently level 59 and I am trying to farm blood aquaducts to level 67, but I just die so much and have no damage, I am using terminus est with molten strike, I die instantly and dont have enough damage, if you can help me I will thank you so much lol. Thanks!
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Next purchase is gonna be a Kaom's Heart but I'm not sure what to do after that.

Your gear looks really good to be honest, only "easy" thing left to do would be to divine your Oro's sacrifice. The one you have right now is just a bit better than an average roll - getting a roll in the top 10% range would give you ~5% more damage.

You're going to have to play with the defence - offence balance, everyone has their own preferences I think. That being said I'm not sure if dropping enfeeble would be optimal since it offers a lot of protection.

Just as an example, if you take a 5000 damage crit in a map (no monster curse resistance) enfeeble would drop that damage all the way down to 2700 ((5000/1.3)x0.7) all by itself. Math behind it is taking away the critical hit multiplier with the 1.3 and dropping the damage to 0.7 from flat damage reduction from enfeeble. That isn't even taking into account the fact that enfeeble drops enemy accuracy significantly too.

However if you're going Kaom's the game changes since you bulk up significantly - you'd have to see what balance you like. One potential option would be to replace enfeeble with a elemental weakness curse, it should give roughly 25% more damage during maps. Again not sure if enfeeble is worth dropping for that though.

Edit: Sent you a PM, please read.

"
oomar wrote:
I really would like to play this build. Currently level 59 and I am trying to farm blood aquaducts to level 67, but I just die so much and have no damage, I am using terminus est with molten strike, I die instantly and dont have enough damage, if you can help me I will thank you so much lol. Thanks!

Hey Oomar,

Dying:

- Make sure your resistances are capped, they should be all at 75% each. If you're having trouble capping them use a "Purity of elements" aura instead of "Anger" aura until you get better gear. One of the townsfolk in the act 6 town will sell you all the gems in the game once you complete her quest. Quest is called "Fallen from Grace".

- Use enfeeble curse linked with blasphemy support. If you want to know what this does read the above response to srslyFaileR.

- Make sure you have a flask that gives immunity to bleeding. You aren't using one right now and I have a feeling you're hitting "corrupted blood" monsters. Each time you hit them they put a bleed on you, which stacks to the point that it can instantly kill you.

Damage:

- Pick up the "Point blank" passive in the bottom right of the tree. It will give you 50% more damage on molten strike. It's not too intuitive since molten strike seems like a melee skill, but it's actually mostly a projectile ability.

- I'm unsure what links you were using with molten strike since it appears you moved your tabula to another character, but make sure you have it linked with "ancestral call" support.

- Take the life leech / mana leech passive skill point close to "Point blank". It should give 0.4% of damage leeched as life and mana. Have a feeling this will make a huge difference too, since it seems by all the mana flasks that you're using that you've been having a lot of trouble with mana. This will give you all the mana you need and allow you to reserve more of it with auras.

It's right here:

Spoiler

Don't hesitate to ask any more questions, or let me know if this helps. POE can be really confusing.
- Scion Build Guides -

Last edited by Monhsaroh on Aug 11, 2018, 9:37:27 PM

What a beauty :)

Also thanks for the write up OP, I'll play around with different curse setups - survivability is a non issue rn so I'll try to squeeze out as much damage as possible until I notice I drop too low too often.

I think I also have a decent fire dmg/life/elemental damage% lying around so I'll try to compare that and lightpoacher vs impresence + ele weakness.. Although I'm fairly sure impresence is gonna win out.

E: Have you ever tried the taming with this build?
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 12, 2018, 12:07:36 PM
Lvl 87. Still haven't done my eternal lab but it's going pretty well. Maps are even dropping and all that. Have been doing up to t13 maps so far.

My equipment:

Spoiler

My flasks:

Spoiler

Just got the wise oak flask. Think i'm gonna craft freeze immunity to my quicksilver or drop it altogether. I want to have curse immunity and there is no room for it as is now. Surgeon mod on the healing flask is pretty good for some extra uses when no monsters are around.

Used this amulet all the way until i got my impresence. Great for ele overload uptime.
Last edited by kompaniet on Aug 12, 2018, 9:52:12 AM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
What a beauty :)

Holy that is beautiful...

Didn't think of the taming ring, seems like it would fit insanely well. Tempted to update the gear section with it, mind if I credit you?

"
kompaniet wrote:
Think i'm gonna craft freeze immunity to my quicksilver or drop it altogether. I want to have curse immunity and there is no room for it as is now.

The curse immunity is such an amazing quality of life. Temp chains begone forever.

If you can get the "corrupted blood cant be inflicted on you" corruption on a jewel you can drop the bleed flask and still keep your speedy quicksilver. The normal bleeds that monsters do don't seem dangerous at all.

That's a pretty awesome budget amulet.
- Scion Build Guides -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info