[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

anyone know really quick how we can use dual curse? I don't see anything that allows an additional curse.
"
kompaniet wrote:
Why the projectile nodes in scion starter area? They don't work with flicker strike only molten strike.

Hey Kompaniet,

The reason why the projectile nodes are taken is to reach the jewel socket. A "might of the meek" jewel in that socket hits almost the entire scion life wheel as well as damage passives and life regen passives, and is well worth traveling to.

The only other way to reach that jewel socket is by taking the elemental resist passive nodes. These elemental resist nodes are amazing while you are getting your character together since they are literally doubled by the "might of the meek" jewels, but once you obtain good gear the resists are no longer needed.

It is for that reason that the recommended passive trees actually do take the elemental resist instead of the projectile passive nodes up until level 90-93, where your gear gets good enough that you can drop the resists.

Edit: I just realized that the level 86 passive trees take the projectile passive nodes. Going to fix it, thanks a lot for pointing it out.

"
Irra_set wrote:
anyone know really quick how we can use dual curse? I don't see anything that allows an additional curse.

Hey Irra,

The endgame skill trees take "Whispers of doom" passive in the top left of the skill tree, above elemental overload. This passive gives +1 curse. Combined with the "Impresence" amulet which reduces flammability mana reservation by 100% basically means we get a free flammability.

If you don't have an "Impresence" amulet yet I recommend prioritizing enfeeble curse over flammability curse.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Aug 4, 2018, 10:08:47 PM
followed your guide. need some tweaking on some of the items maybe. still get one shot from hydra...
Level 48 in act 6. Just switched from sunder to molten strike and it's so much better. I should have switched earlier but it's going great now. I used to struggle in incursions with sunder.

Here's my gear so far in the event, it's been a pain in the ass trying to level with not much currency. No luck so far with a 5 or 6 link on my belly or Oro's yet either.

Just bought a tabula and put flicker in there to clear maps faster = faster currency = faster "proper" 6link for both flicker and molten strike!
Hey, I'm playing this build as a leaguestarter in flashback rn. Up to t8 maps and it feels rather smooth. That being said I slowly see that my flicker dmg won't cut it for much longer - could someone check my gear and give me advice on what to prioritize next?

"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Hey, I'm playing this build as a leaguestarter in flashback rn. Up to t8 maps and it feels rather smooth. That being said I slowly see that my flicker dmg won't cut it for much longer - could someone check my gear and give me advice on what to prioritize next?

From cheapest to most expensive:

- Abyss jewel with % chance to grant onslaught on kill (Maybe I missed it but I couldn't find one on your passive tree)

- Curse immunity flask

- Replace rings, you have very low % increased damage right now, so getting "% increased elemental damage with attacks" on rings will go a long way.

- Quality on flicker strike. Again this will give a lot of % increased damage.

- 6 link flicker, if you don't mind having a lower health pool you can craft your own rare 6 link chest as outlined in the armor section of the guide. This will cost you roughly an exalt and is usually only a few hundred HP worse than the belly. Once you get rich switch back to a 6 link belly.

- Watcher's eye, expensive now but will fall in price quickly once people start farming elder.

- Stygian vise

Good luck!

Edit:

- Your wise oak also isn't active since your lightning resist is your highest resist. Fire resist highest resist = tons more damage

- Getting a higher elemental overload uptime with higher crit chance would also probably feel much better, you can get abyss jewels with "+30% increased critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently". 10%+ crit chance is a good benchmark to aim for.

- Scion Build Guides -

Last edited by Monhsaroh on Aug 6, 2018, 2:36:18 PM
Ty mate, yea didn't bother to balance res yet as I swapped gear way too often. Gonna check for some decent rings first for now.

E: Got another question actually - I usually don't die but if I do its because I cant recover from a big hit quickly enough. How does leech function using molten strike? Is there a way to recover from 4-5k hits more quickly for this build?

E: Changed my rings, some jewels and cleaned up res and flasks - huge difference! Thanks for the tipps mate.
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 6, 2018, 4:20:53 PM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Ty mate, yea didn't bother to balance res yet as I swapped gear way too often. Gonna check for some decent rings first for now.

E: Got another question actually - I usually don't die but if I do its because I cant recover from a big hit quickly enough. How does leech function using molten strike? Is there a way to recover from 4-5k hits more quickly for this build?

E: Changed my rings, some jewels and cleaned up res and flasks - huge difference! Thanks for the tipps mate.

Hey bro,

Glad to hear everything worked out. Concerning leech:

Leech for molten strike functions the same as other skills, every hit will create a leech value for that specific hit, which stacks with other hits. The maximum leech per second is capped at 1/5 of your total health.

With your current molten strike dps as well as 0.4% leech, you are hitting the leech cap of 1/5 of your health very easily, so getting more sources of % damaged leeched as life wouldn't do anything. The only ways to make your health recover faster would be:

- Soul of Arakaali pantheon instead of soul of Lunaris, which grants 50% increased life recovery if you've stopped taking damage over time recently. Blood rage counts as a damage over time, and immortal call activation actually stops blood rage damage, so Soul of Arakaali is activated. You'd have to augment the pantheon power though, I think it requires killing the boss arachnoxia in toxic sewers map with a divine vessel. This is probably the best option.

Take a big hit ----> Immortal call pops ----> Soul of Arakaali activated

- Passive "Vitality void" in the bottom right of the tree, will break the 1/5 of max life leech per second cap, this will give you approximately 180 more life leeched per second. Not sure if it's worth 2 passive points, up to you.

- Elder rings with +16-20 life gained on hit, these can get absurdly expensive and I don't recommend using them due to this, but if you ever feel the need to stand in Shaper beam these rings are perfect (molten strike hits many many times a second). If you want to see what it feels like you can buy a "Thiefs torment" ring, which has +40-60 life gained on hit.
- Scion Build Guides -

"
Soul of Arakaali pantheon instead of soul of Lunaris, which grants 50% increased life recovery

Went with this and spike hits dont feel as bad although Id still love a bit higher leech (maybe cause I come from playing slayer lol).

Have you thought about loreweave instead of belly as your endgame armour - It has pretty much all we could ask for if decently rolled. Would like to hear your thoughts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info