[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

Hey, I love the build so far but I feel like I hit a wall with flicker damage. In t15-16 it takes me a 5-6seconds blinking between the same creeps for them to die, doesn't feel as fast as it was in lower tier and makes 100% clearing incursions nearly impossible. Could you advice me in how I can boost flicker? Molten strike for bosses is okayish.
I'm doing what was mentioned on the second reply so I switched belly to Kaom because I was hoping for a a noticeable damage increase and weapon swapping between 2 Oro's.

My characters (Iraeos) is public on my profile but if you prefer POB: https://pastebin.com/gZX7eNrv
"
AshenOutlaw wrote:
Hey, I love the build so far but I feel like I hit a wall with flicker damage

Hey ashen!

You are right your damage is quite low. There are a few easy things you can do to boost up your molten strike damage by approx +36% and your flicker strike damage by approx +20%

1) Drop the resist nodes beneath the scion start. You have enough resist on your gear already. You will have to bless your rings to get the max implicit roll, as well as craft +16% to +18% lightning resist on your "Horror Eye" ring instead of the current master craft enchant to cap your resists. That will free up 4 passive points.

2) Respec out of "Discipline and training" in the templar start. Instead, take the gem slot as well as the passive "Harrier" in the top right of the scion start. If you socket the gem slot with a +50 hp abyss jewel as well as take the missing life node near the scion life wheel, you actually come out with the same hp as the discipline and training route but gain a ton of damage.

3) With the extra gem slot, make sure you get a % chance to grant onslaught on kill abyss jewel on one of the subs. It will give you near 100% onslaught uptime during maps and is noticeable. This will make the incursions easier too as its +20% movespeed. The T15-T16 architects have to be killed with molten strike, they're really tanky.

4) Quicksilver flask may also help a lot for incursions. You could drop the +1 endurance charge on boots for a "+90% critical strike chance if you haven't crit recently" or a 120% one (if you're rich) if you're worried about not being able to keep up elemental overload without diamond flask.

Here's a POB (level 91): https://pastebin.com/KDzrekCE

From here either go for "beserking" if you want more damage or "Thick skin" if you want more hp. Thick skin is really efficient to get, beserking isn't that efficient but will add damage.

Attack speed on gloves will get you +4% damage too. The ones you have are actually really nice since you can craft attack speed on them yourself, but you would need to find +30% lightning resist on your other gear which would require some effort.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Last edited by Monhsaroh on Jul 28, 2018, 7:27:39 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Hey ashen!

You are right your damage is quite low. There are a few easy things you can do to boost up your molten strike damage by approx +36% and your flicker strike damage by approx +20%

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I could feel the difference instantly.
I had this sitting around from my old Cospri/GC build so I didn't have to buy something and it had built in lightning resist as well so, lucky?

Sadly I had to enchant it with int instead of anything else cause I couldn't use enfeeble anymore without that.

I also replaced the enchant on the gloves like you suggested, and did the changes to the passive tree.

Is 88% 86% 86% considered good enough resists? I heard people go up to 109 to avoid Elemental Weakness?
How about dropping the 10% enchant on this ring for a 16% crit chance enchant? I'll have 78/76/76 resists if I do that.

I wanted to max the resists on my rings implicits like you suggested but I noticed I now have my lower resists equal (for wise oak) and I couldn't bring myself to mess with that. :P

I'm probably going to regret changing the boots later on for the endurance charge + spell dodge, but until then I'll have fun killing mobs much much faster.
"
AshenOutlaw wrote:
I'm probably going to regret changing the boots later on for the endurance charge + spell dodge, but until then I'll have fun killing mobs much much faster.
Really glad everything turned out ok!

Boots: If you aren't dying doesn't really matter what you use.

Elemental weakness curse: If you're using a curse immune flask and moving fast this curse might as well not exist. If you feel like the flask curse immune flask isn't up enough you could put it on a flask that lasts 6 seconds or more but its up to you.

On top of that endurance charge gives 4% resist each so even curse immunity drops a bit in maps its not the end of the world, as the curse gets mitigated. Plus you have wise oak which almost nullifies elemental weakness by itself and lasts 6 seconds (gives +35 all res while active).

75%/75%/75% for resists is fine imo
- Scion Build Guides -

i cant see the pictures of jewel locations please help me !!
Man I've missed flicker strike and your build made it so tanky it's a pleasure to play. I still have some adjustements to do to my char but damn I love it.
Thanks man.
"
Nin_tu1977 wrote:
Man I've missed flicker strike and your build made it so tanky it's a pleasure to play. I still have some adjustements to do to my char but damn I love it.
Thanks man.
Np!! Really happy you're enjoying.

"
Zamqi wrote:
i cant see the pictures of jewel locations please help me !!

Leveling wildfire locations:
Spoiler

Endgame Gem locations
Spoiler
2x

They go here:
Spoiler

- Fireborn
1x

It goes here:
Spoiler

- Might of the Meek
2x

They go here:
Spoiler

Please let me know if you still can't see them.
- Scion Build Guides -

Hey, what about the physical damage reduction with this build ? Can you do the uberlab with a full set of trash gear early in the league without a problem ? I'm used to do a lab farmer build, stack the currency for a Flicker strike build later.
Last edited by JordanBosle on Jul 31, 2018, 2:02:09 PM
"
JordanBosle wrote:
Hey, what about the physical damage reduction with this build ? Can you do the uberlab with a full set of trash gear early in the league without a problem ? I'm used to do a lab farmer build, stack the currency for a Flicker strike build later.

It's decent for early league lab running.

Budget Uber Lab link

Tabula + 5 link and the rest of the gear is pretty worthless. However, the gems used are 21/20 gems so you would have to shave off a little bit of damage. The build doesn't scale well with gem levels so it isn't too significant.

Would like to also point out that it is with only one hp potion and no bleed immunity flask. Tried to wait so he got buffed by the fonts in phase 2 but didn't wait long enough apparently.

Took 13 points out of the tree on my level 100 character so the run is effectively on a level 87. The 100 character has a little more hp than a 87 though keep that in mind, probably about 500 more.

As you can see Izaro just gets straight up devoured. Some of the traps can be quite nasty and you may die if you aren't experienced with them.
- Scion Build Guides -

Why the projectile nodes in scion starter area? They don't work with flicker strike only molten strike.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info