[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Didn't think of the taming ring, seems like it would fit insanely well. Tempted to update the gear section with it, mind if I credit you?

I don't mind at all mate (:

I was actually thinking about trying to combine taming with a yoke of suffering but I'm pretty bad at PoB so I'd love it if you feel like running some numbers.

It would basically mean we drop Whispers of doom wheel, lose enfeeble but gain 3 passive points, lots and lots of res, ability to shock, freeze + all the damage that comes from yoke and taming combination. It also means we could run more abyss jewels by running a lightpoacher - same hp as starkonya and even more dps.

I think that, with the increased dps and clearspeed, I wont notice the loss of enfeeble too much as I also get some passive points to put idk maybe into Discipline and Training.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this if you have the time - I'm running low on currency on flashback rn so It would definitely take some time to amass the currency needed for a +3 molten lightpoacher, taming, yoke and 2 extra abyss jewels.
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 13, 2018, 4:45:56 PM
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this if you have the time - I'm running low on currency on flashback rn so It would definitely take some time to amass the currency needed for a +3 molten lightpoacher, taming, yoke and 2 extra abyss jewels.

Messed around with yoke a little in POB, here's what I came up with:

Damage with molten strike is definitely enough to shock anything in the game (50k average ball hit), and we have 20% chance to shock for non-crits. Boss values of shock will probably be very low since molten strike damage is spread out over many tiny hits, only a 1-2% shock on Shaper/Elder.

Not counting this minor shock value, but assuming the target is shocked, results in approximately 6% more boss damage than an Impresence, assuming the passive points in both scenarios are reallocated aggressively elsewhere on the tree (Harrier and Berserking).

The "increased damage taken by enemy" on the yoke itself doesn't seem to have good synergy with the champion ascendancy, as the champion ascendancy already has 20% increased damage taken by enemy. So going from 20% to 30% increased would only be 8% more damage, not 10%. We wouldn't be able to chill since we only do fire damage, only shock (yoke) and ignite.

That being said it seems to be the highest dps amulet.

Damage values on normal map monsters will probably be much much higher than 6% too, due to a maximum value shock of 50% increased damage being both common and possible. Shock is very hard to tell how good it is just by looking at POB, would need to try it.

---

Potential idea for light poacher would be to drop the ice Golem and Enhance instead of second curse as well.

Flammability - Enfeeble - Blasphemy - Blood rage in gloves
Immortal call - CWDT in lightpoacher
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:
"
srslyFaileR wrote:

Messed around with yoke a little in POB, here's what I came up with:

Damage with molten strike is definitely enough to shock anything in the game (50k average ball hit), and we have 20% chance to shock for non-crits. Boss values of shock will probably be very low since molten strike damage is spread out over many tiny hits, only a 1-2% shock on Shaper/Elder.

Not counting this minor shock value, but assuming the target is shocked, results in approximately 6% more boss damage than an Impresence, assuming the passive points in both scenarios are reallocated aggressively elsewhere on the tree (Harrier and Berserking).

The "increased damage taken by enemy" on the yoke itself doesn't seem to have good synergy with the champion ascendancy, as the champion ascendancy already has 20% increased damage taken by enemy. So going from 20% to 30% increased would only be 8% more damage, not 10%. We wouldn't be able to chill since we only do fire damage, only shock (yoke) and ignite.

That being said it seems to be the highest dps amulet.

Damage values on normal map monsters will probably be much much higher than 6% too, due to a maximum value shock of 50% increased damage being both common and possible. Shock is very hard to tell how good it is just by looking at POB, would need to try it.

---

Potential idea for light poacher would be to drop the ice Golem and Enhance instead of second curse as well.

Flammability - Enfeeble - Blasphemy - Blood rage in gloves
Immortal call - CWDT in lightpoacher

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I totally forgot about not being able to freeze lol. Also really good point about the interaction with the champion % increase. I had some leftover currency and finally got a decent watchers so I just took the plunge for science and bought a setup. Current gear I'm about to test:

(Good abyss jewels are near impossible to get in flashback -.-)

https://pastebin.com/MAw61ywx -> PoB (I'm really not sure about the passive tree yet)

I can get a lot of extra stats by putting in some divines as well. Gonna take this setup for a spin in t16s and some uber elder carries and compare it to the other one!
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 13, 2018, 5:59:21 PM
Sooo the damage is completely insane - any guardian dies in 3-4 seconds from full to 0, flicker just takes 1-2 casts for a pack of rares on a t16.

Survivability is great so far as everything dies before it can touch me but I do sometimes take 4-5k crits. This is where I kinda miss enfeeble.. I'll give it a try with your suggestion of dropping golem later on. Although tbf since I'm mostly doing boss killing services rn I don't really need any curses.

Looks like the ~20ex gamble I took on the gear worked out quite nicely. Gonna try to fine tune things a bit now.

Thanks for all the help with the build mate, it really is a monster.

E: deathless uber elder in 2:30~
Last edited by srslyFaileR on Aug 14, 2018, 11:34:54 AM
yes, a build that can use both molten strike and flicker, this is what i been looking for.
just 1 quick question, i only have a watcher's eye with fire leech as life atm..will it do any good for the build. will swap to the fire penetration once i get more currency.
"
srslyFaileR wrote:
Thanks for all the help with the build mate, it really is a monster.

Ty for the kind words srslyFaileR! Hope you get many mirrors in your future.

"
tinoryukai1 wrote:
yes, a build that can use both molten strike and flicker, this is what i been looking for.
just 1 quick question, i only have a watcher's eye with fire leech as life atm..will it do any good for the build. will swap to the fire penetration once i get more currency.

It would have a very minor effect, the build can obtain the maximum life leech rate with only a "0.4% attack damage leeched as life" passive and budget gear. Would still be useful at beginning stages of character building (T1-T5 maps) when your damage isn't amazing yet though.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
Do you count as standing still while flickering? For the pantheon.
Hey, Thanks for your tips alot man. I will try them now and see if they help out! :)

Edit: I tried all these tips, but I still get one shot :P
Last edited by Pyrolyzed on Aug 16, 2018, 2:02:37 PM
"
kompaniet wrote:
Do you count as standing still while flickering? For the pantheon.

Yes, also works for Arctic Armour etc.

"
oomar wrote:
Hey, Thanks for your tips alot man. I will try them now and see if they help out! :)

Edit: I tried all these tips, but I still get one shot :P

I guess you are about to respec now? Your Ascendant is using Boows right now as far as I can see.
It's cool to branch out, but try to really give the things Monhsaroh said a shot 100% :)
You are still not res capped, not even for past first Kitava Kill. Obviously less for past 2nd, but idk if you killed him yet. Capped Res is huge and non negotiable.
You sadly also don't have a Bleed Flask ): Really get on that, it helps prevent some deaths.
The Gear in general is pretty all over the place. Regardless of whether you wanna stick to Bows or give this Build a shot, you should get some random rares with Life and Resistances. A Tabula and Goldrim can't carry you all the way on their own. 1919 Life is pretty damn low for BA sadly ):
If you sold that Call of the Brotherhood, you could buy enough rares to get you well into mapping. You probably have enough alchs or some spare Chaos (or currency you can sell for chaos) laying around regardless that could get you there.

If you wanna have a more smooth levelling experience, really work on your gear a bit. Life and Res are all you need if you have a Tabula. Almost anything can be better than The Embalmer or Redblade Tramplers, I'm sure.
Just look for some 1 alch rares with Life and Res, and you are settled I think :)

Last edited by Guffinn on Aug 16, 2018, 6:31:35 PM
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

It would have a very minor effect, the build can obtain the maximum life leech rate with only a "0.4% attack damage leeched as life" passive and budget gear. Would still be useful at beginning stages of character building (T1-T5 maps) when your damage isn't amazing yet though.

hey man thank for the reply, i leveling this sick build right now, at lever 80 everything seem smooth and fast. i already bought the watcher eye with fire pen.
Do u think the taming ring work well with this build? i saw alot of people going kaom's heart and weapon swap for maximum survival with this build..if that is the case what weapon do u recommend to benefit the most for molten strike.
1 more question, i can't managed to get atziri's step yet since it will mess up my res, is it mandatory? im using a high life + res rare boots atm
Last edited by tinoryukai1 on Aug 16, 2018, 10:26:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info