[3.13]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"
^^^

Thanks, I'm on board :) While my gut tells me to go Scion (because I never played one), I think it's safer to start with Sabboteur. I have finally decided, with you help.

3 upcoming questions.

1. Is Soul of Shakari still reliable after the (big) nerf?
2. Why no cluster jewels at all?
3. Do you think it would be possible to add some details about leveling the character? (Either here, or in PoB Notes tab). Stuff like what rare items to look for (for example, we can probably craft decent stuff early on with Essences, etc), what stats etc. Those kind of details are a great help for players starting first time with traps.

Thanks a lot for all the effort you put into it!
Last edited by Cry0nicS on Jun 19, 2020, 7:14:35 AM
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
"
^^^

Thanks, I'm on board :) While my gut tells me to go Scion (because I never played one), I think it's safer to start with Sabboteur. I have finally decided, with you help.

3 upcoming questions.

1. Is Soul of Shakari still reliable after the (big) nerf?
2. Why no cluster jewels at all?
3. Do you think it would be possible to add some details about leveling the character? (Either here, or in PoB Notes tab). Stuff like what rare items to look for (for example, we can probably craft decent stuff early on with Essences, etc), what stats etc. Those kind of details are a great help for players starting first time with traps.

Thanks a lot for all the effort you put into it!


1.If you don't have much chaos resist,i think it will still be the best option.
2.I use clusters on high budget saboteur version.Didn't want to use clusters on all versions because they aren't viable at league start and some of them might be expensive.I may add some for scion this league because i will play her.
3.There are tips for which gem to pick in PoB but not much for gear.In the guide's gear section, there are both cheap and expensive versions for items.I don't have any specific section for detailed leveling items because it doesn't really matter what you use while leveling.
While waiting for the league to start, I'd like to ask... how to prioritize throwing the traps?

Do you first throw a bear trap, than some flamethrower traps (3-5) and then you throw as many fire traps? Or what's the logic behind self-casting 3 traps?
"
Cry0nicS wrote:
While waiting for the league to start, I'd like to ask... how to prioritize throwing the traps?

Do you first throw a bear trap, than some flamethrower traps (3-5) and then you throw as many fire traps? Or what's the logic behind self-casting 3 traps?


You don't need bear trap unless you struggle at map boss or something.Fire trap first,then flamethrowers.Both the fire skills need the target to be burned to get bonus damage so always fire trap first to burn the target.Burn ground from fire trap also does that(not only ignite)
Hey, i would just like to point out that your guide for flamethrower and fire trap is messed up on the mana reservation. You said to take the 4% reduced node with lvl 3 enlighten but that leaves only 1% mana unreserved which is only a total of 10, nowhere near enough to use either trap so this build can't work with HoA, anger, and purity of x. Probably drop HoA? not sure though, still not into maps or anything so idk how the damage would fair.
Can i play whit difrend traps? I played this to lvl 75 and the clear speed is not for me. So mby i change to lightning trap. Needs couple respect points
"
TheYeetler wrote:
Hey, i would just like to point out that your guide for flamethrower and fire trap is messed up on the mana reservation. You said to take the 4% reduced node with lvl 3 enlighten but that leaves only 1% mana unreserved which is only a total of 10, nowhere near enough to use either trap so this build can't work with HoA, anger, and purity of x. Probably drop HoA? not sure though, still not into maps or anything so idk how the damage would fair.

Sorry for late answer.For some reason i didn't get notification.You are suppose to use Slavedriver's hand gloves to reserve all that mana.Check gear section.Until you get it,drop HoA or Spider.(whatever you're using)
would it be a bad idea to take explosive expert instead of chain reaction?
Trying to get more damage for my scion trapper, been trying to alt spam scepters but having no luck, what's the best way to craft endgame weapons?
"
thegush wrote:
would it be a bad idea to take explosive expert instead of chain reaction?

Not really.That's how i played the high budget energy shield saboteur.You want to use Skitterbots to make Explosive expert work.And also need more trap trigger radius since you are dropping Chain reaction.Check Shadow's Energy shield version if you want to carry your character to next level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info