New Incursion Rooms in 3.3.1

TIL Cartographer's strongboxes are still in the game.
hype for new rooms!
Temple still feels meh. I just run incursions and skip temple all together.
pls fix "use the device" challenge especially with gem corruptions - this is even harder with that patch!

PS: proof - just watch my challenges
Last edited by grustardo on Jul 2, 2018, 12:02:58 PM
Cool, really like the strongbox room.

NB
You are talking about challenges in there but...

You could make the Lapidar Lens a Tradable Gem on a currency class, to allow a good trade or store it for later use to whoever find this, and let people that want the "Use these Devices" challenge to be done. I got 37/40 challenges, made 35/70 Omnitect, still zero lines completed with Lapidar Lens, even after 2 Lapidar use.

"
mifrala wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:
"
Gumlass wrote:

Just what we need ... something to make "Use These Devices" even harder to complete :(

Please fix that challenge ...

+1
"
Gumlass wrote:

Just what we need ... something to make "Use These Devices" even harder to complete :(

Please fix that challenge ...

ANOTHER +1 for this.

I hope those looking over notice that pretty much the entirety of those not paying attention to how godawful this has been are those who'll never hit 20/40 even this league.

The degree of stacked, hierarchical RNG (RNG on a temple to even get a Corruption Altar or Lapidary Lens to SPAWN, then RNG to actually get a roll you need) is absolutely unacceptable.

And now they're making the odds on getting those EVEN LONGER.

GGG, Incursion league is at a crossroads. The initial mechanic had people excited, as it had the best first impression of any league ever. (displacing even Ambush and Rampage) What you do to deal with the challenges here determines whether Incursion goes down as the best league ever, or another case of blown potential.

"
Trifaldin wrote:
You could make the Lapidar Lens a Tradable Gem on a currency class,

To be honest, given the amount of RNG with this, it'd just create a really, really bad trading challenge, much like back pre-3.0 when challenges typically called for identifying specific new and chase uniques, which led to things like a Soul Taker costing 5 exalts unidentified, but 1 chaos afterwards.

Better would be to actually fix the mechanics themselves: grant players some actual modicum of control over the temple. The architects were SUPPOSED to do that, but there's never much of a choice: every player always has an ordered list of who takes precedence. There's no strategizing whatsoever.

Better would be to allow players to "block off" some rooms. E.g, perhaps select one room to never get incursions to, or even an option that, at once point, irreversibly bar getting any incursions to a "blank" room for the rest of that cycle. Y'know, stuff with some balance. (as blocking off ALL blank rooms, if done poorly, could screw you out of getting doors, as well as reaching the Omnitect)

Similarly, something to be able to focus one room at the expense of others; perhaps letting a player guarantee getting the room they want to Tier III... At the expense of never upgrading any already-developed rooms.

This would yield some actual strategy on how to maximize your gains, rather than the simple pick of architects, which is just "always do what you need for challenges, then cartographers->vault->corrupt/gem/sacrifice->breach->guardhouse->tempests->literally everything else."
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Last edited by ACGIFT on Jul 2, 2018, 12:59:36 PM
So two irrelevant rooms. Neat. I'll continue to skip the temple every time. Tormented Spirits haven't been worthwhile ever since they were introduced, and non-cartographer/diviner strongboxes are largely irrelevant except for the monsters they spawn.
Cartographer's box in a T16 Temple...nice :p
I just don't see the point of the tormented spirits. They're useless. Strongboxes can be worthwhile, but most of the time, they aren't either. However, I'd imagine that a tier III room might actually create relevant boxes, but subsequently they might not.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info