You know I'd probably still be playing D3 if PoE was never made.

Played d2 for over 10 years, and if it wasn't for PoE i would still be playing it. Heck i sometimes do that still but on path of diablo mod, it's great fun mod inspired by PoE.

D3 was the biggest disapointment ever, back when it released i played one char to max lvl then i never played it again.
It's just not the same game/spirit as d2 had/has.

PoE fullfills that pretty well though.
If this game did not exist I honestly don't know why anyone would play D3 still for more than a week or 2 per season. There are many games out there better than D3 and the list goes on and on ...
Censored.
Naw I would be playing Grim Dawn. Grim Dawn is a better game than POE, but that lack of server thing is what really sucks. Plus the next expansion is supposed to have the end game system like mapping which is going to be hype as fuck.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jun 22, 2018, 7:30:11 PM
"
erdelyii wrote:
Breughel x care bears x frank frazetta (not a good thing to my sense of style).

Dear lord now I see it...
"
saltyvu wrote:
"
erdelyii wrote:
Breughel x care bears x frank frazetta (not a good thing to my sense of style).

Dear lord now I see it...

Hahaha! Yes XD

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Looks like about as many mobs as you're expected to kill in five seconds in PoE. Maybe a few less.

A few less seconds, yes.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 22, 2018, 9:33:42 PM
"
THeAshmaker wrote:
Plus the next expansion is supposed to have the end game system like mapping which is going to be hype as fuck.

You know more than I do than, exile! I had not heard that. If true, GD could be better than PoE. Right now the lack of proper endgame is what hurts it. But that is just my opinion. Lots of people think it is fine as is. I would get that EP anyway just to see where the story goes from here.
Censored.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

FEWER? God damn it.

They both sound shit. I'm sorry.

I trust that's a sorry about the state of the game compared to how you'd like to see it, not for potential offense to people who enjoy vaporising mobs.

"
鬼殺し wrote:
...But to the point at hand: that's art. You know what's not art? Wings made of hands.

Like, seriously.

EXACTLY. You are so right. Seriously. Recently they were calling for a writer versed in Poe and Lovecraft. I had high hopes.

&

Maybe if Hand Cloak was layered deeper, multicoloured, and the fingers moved like seaweed underwater, with the occassional hand drifting off and floating around the wearer, growing wings as it went, then flying away...

Yeah. Hand Cloak as it is is?BRÖNDEN

Im playing D3 right now. Just soloed a lvl90 grift, was much fun, actually took an effort tbh. Found a primal ancient focus too! get in.

Im about 3 days in to my return to the game, I give it about another week at best and then Ill be done with it for another 5 months.

Actually we were playing quake champions yesterday, its brutal as fuck. I can see myself playing it somewhat regularly for short bursts moving forward. Its ui is awful and it needs a lot of general polish before release but its just a really harsh, mean spirited shooter in a great way.

Blizzard have a tendency to be a bunch of lame toymakers but I must admit overwatch is an absolute triumph of a game. I feel like its probably the best game going out there atm, and its hard to see anything shifting that for quite some time. If poe didnt exist Id probably just put all its playtime into overwatch. Usually blizzard make the shit, shallow version of the genre aimed at lowbrow casual tomatocan players, but with overwatch I feel like theyve taken fps games to a new level of thought, skill and emergent complexity. It really is a landmark in computer gaming history, one of the best games ever made and it maintains that level of excellence even from the most tryhard elitist skillz viewpoint down to someones girlfriend whos utterly shit at games and likes to just have some casual lighthearted fun.

Ever since the first wolfenstien I think fps games have been really where proper gaming is at. Its a credit to poe that they managed to do what D2 did in elevating a top down action rpg to a level where at their best they were up there with the best of games in that sort of genre.
I'd probably get way too mad at Quake champions I'm fucking terrible at FPS like I use to play Bad company 2 and the amount of anger I went through that game was unreal angry ass dinosaur.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 24, 2018, 1:31:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info