Incursion League Statistics

Help Berserker!
I may be the top class.................but is anyone other than myself an ELementalist Fire Trapper :-D
Pathfinder is least played ascendancy almost in every league... i knew it's a noob trap in current ascendancy balance when picked it.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Pathfinder is least played ascendancy almost in every league... i knew it's a noob trap in current ascendancy balance when picked it.

Pathfinder isn't a noob trap lol. She's powerful. Most people don't play her simply because her power comes from flasks and, contrary to all the pros and streamers, the vast majority of PoE players would rather not dick around too much with the flask keys as well while playing. The most consistently popular builds are typically one-button builds for the same reason. You actually CAN be even more powerful if you use more keys for all sorts of buffs and debuffs and dedicated skills for each situation, etc. - but few care to do that. Hence Pathfinder will always be underplayed - her very design caters to niche audience. That doesn't mean she's weak.
There is either a typo with the percentage or a wrong scale on the chart for 24 challenges.
For 0.9% the bar is too high.
If the bar height is right then 24 challanges should have around 2.5% of all people by now.

Btw
I got spoiled by playing an Arc Hiero.
Rolling a summoner twink you can still kill bosses fast but not taget/kill enough mobs for fast key drops, due to minion AI aka stupidity + minion movements speed.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jun 20, 2018, 8:06:36 AM
Any chance map drops can be fixed in the next league. It is quite frustrating to have three objectives completed on a tier, have 15 maps of that tier, and all 15 are of those three maps already completed (literal numbers from looking at my T8s last night - of the three I've completed, I had 15 maps, 1/7/7). I've had that issue with T4-8 now...and even had a Plateau map drop from a Jungle Valley Map yesterday...and yes, Plateau was the only T9 I have completed. Not sure I can handle another season of having to purchase/beg guild mates for maps to actually progress the end game.

Related to this season though - Incursions themselves are a lot of fun!
"
Exile009 wrote:
"

Pathfinder isn't a noob trap lol. She's powerful.

Pathfinder is powerful if compared to Ranger. If compared to any other ascendancy - it is weak. You can pick Deadeye or Champion and get x2 times more dps with no drawbacks.

"
Exile009 wrote:
Hence Pathfinder will always be underplayed - her very design caters to niche audience. That doesn't mean she's weak.

You are right - that doesn't mean she's weak. She's weak because her ascendancy passives sucks if compared to any other ascendancy since rework.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Burgingham wrote:

It is no secret at all there are still more efficient builds around (or just as efficient at least). The entire metagame of the past leagues is still available at the same power level it has been at before. People are just ignoring it because they want something new and shiny.

Thinking about it, it is actually better than ever to go RF, Reave or Tornado Shot now because items are a lot less expensive than last league when everybody and their mom are fighting over useful Arc/BV gear.

Same goes for Ascendancies. PF is still the strongest ascendancy in the game, no other item can rival the power of flasks. Yet, only 1.5% of the playerbase use it. Seems people aren't that much about efficiency as you think they are. It is probably a mix of following the streamers' Fotm builds and wanting something new they haven't tried yet.

pretty much.

charan is just bitter about the share sales and will take any excuse right now to type the name tencentGGG followed by a negative dig at something they are doing. The amount of builds that are able to excel atm within the math mechanics of the game has never been higher, the road to stomping high end maps has always been more restrictive than it is now.

arc is one of the most fun skills in the game, and its been seen as existing in a rly bad spot forever, for years. Fire prolif is also one of the most enjoyable ways to play, and again has been in the shitter, and now its back on the plate. Im playing fire prolif elementalist, of course I am, popcorn, flamedab, firetrap, warp prolif, its a mechanic that so many builds Ive greatly enjoyed over the years revolves around and it was taken from me for a long time.

Reave and tornado are insane, dual wield reave with a shaper statstick? da fuck? Are we suddenly forgetting how absurdly broken that is? Its been broken for leagues now, the last time arc was amazing was ambush league. Tornado shot is better than its ever been thanks to it being a skill that needs no single target setup, so with 2x 6 links you can do a full ham tornado with a second mirage archer tornado that you just tap to keep running, and tornado is insane, its absolutely bonkers.

Theres so many options now, so much stuff is grossly over tuned, the game has never been further away from GGG dictating the meta through pushing everyone into a select few paths that currently work.

"
sidtherat wrote:

Elementalist wasnt deemed 'bad' but 'bland'. Elementalist is two-trick pony. It cannot do anything else than these two pre-planned build types. these are pretty strong but Elementalist's design is simply boring, forced and bland

no it was deemed bad, because it was bad. Elementalist reminds me of the henry ford quote

"Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black"

you can play any skill in the game as an elementalist, as long as its fire prolif. Not entirely true, but almost true, and we could see that was what it was going to be from the very first preview of the ascendancy classes. Its big thing is it prolifs, and prolif in most cases is only good if its fire, and fire prolif is only good if you scale pure ele/fire damage, it was obvious.

Elementalist can burn and can be reflect safe, they removed reflect, and they made burn absolutely garbage. So ya, during that period elementalist was seen not just as bad, as utter shit, because it was utter shit.

Is it bland? Boring? Its limited, but personally I find fire prolif one of the most fun and exciting mechanics to play with so for me no, neither bland nor boring. Just limited. And now its back.

"
sidtherat wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I really love the incursion mechanic, its awesome. Maybe u could add another 2 seconds to the clocks as they are just a bit skimpy, esp early on, but small details, I see it as endgame content anyway moving forward.

Not rly playing the game atm cause I just need a break tbh, been going too hard for too many years and I feel like a decent break in the short term is gonna revive my fire long term, were just grinding metal over here at this point. Its a shame cause its a rly cool league.

This has to go core, its a whole other thing we can do like uber lab and atziri. How much is a league like domination or torment still paying off in terms of adding something to the game? Theyre in there, but if they wernt would anyone care? For all the people who hate lab, theres a ton of people who grind it and its giving them 100s of hours of content per year and will continue to forever.

now remove the INSANE rewards temple gives (esp the corruptions and rain of maps/currency) and tell me who will bother with temples? this is a reward-bribe mechanic. in itself there is nothing interesting to it - but the rewards are great and even the clumsiest players can be happy as the rewards are random (secret of why RNG based mechanics are so popular). but gamedesign wise there is very little substance to it..

sure add it to the 'core' but you know that it means a) reducing the rewards (thus making it 100% skip) b) introducing EVEN LARGER rewards to the next best thing. both make current content (aka 95% of the game) irrelevant.

the joys of bribe mechanics meeting power creep

no content is worth playing without its rewards in an arpg, its intrinsic to the motivations of the game.

Very little substance to it... well its got more substance than running a vaal temple map, comparable substance to running atziri or lab, and thats pretty much the whole game. The rewards are fine, you just tune it with how often you get to run it in the core game and leave it at that. Lab is very rewarding, its gated, it sits in the game just fine.

Is there room for less rewarding, less gated content? Sure. This is high reward, it will be more gated than maps, thats proven to work. Its less rewarding than say uber atziri, and I expect it to be less gated than that, so it will find its niche. Im not at all worried about its corruption potential being op, I think its fine.

"
DistantBliss wrote:

Thing with elementalist though is for me that it makes clear whats wrong with ele damage:

2) elemental ailments are 100% applied by crit whereas getting them to apply without crit takes waaaaaay more investment and effort.

it actually doesnt any more tbh. Im sitting at somewhere in excess of 117% chance to ignite on my flameblaster and I didnt rly go out of my way at all to get anything, getting say 70% crit chance would have been more demanding.
I assume the numbers in the graph show the number of each challenge in the in-game list by order? Because otherwise the graph is inconsistent at best: we have more people with 6-8 challenges than we do with 5, more with 11 than with 10, more with 24 than 23, and more with 36 than with 32-35.
Witch 0.19%
Guardian 0.16%

lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info