[3.2] HoWAbout Occultist. Shaper/Uber Elder, Minotaur flaskless on 1L!!

"
Sah0k wrote:
hey there, great build i really enjoy it :)

i would like to know how you get 3 auras running if one is wrath with 50% :D my enlighten is level 2, will it work when it becomes 3?

And i found a similar amulett like yours but jesus i lose like 400 shield and 5k tool tip dps compared to the unique one, what am i doing wrong :D

the author of the build can run clarity instead of discipline because he has a clarity watcher's eye, which allows him to save 50% reserved mana by running just a level 1 clarity.

I suggest you to check on path of building how many auras could you run with enlighten level 3, because it depends on your mana pool and auras.
personally I ran wrath linked with empower and enlighten and discipline in a different socket, and now that I got a clarity watcher's eye I run just clarity instead of discipline, and wrath and herald of thunder linked with empower + enlighten, but sometimes can run arctic armour too removing the empower against some bosses like the phoenix or the minotaur, and run purity of ice in place of herald of thunder vs the uber elder for extra tankiness.

the amulet is perhaps the last thing to upgrade, a max-rolled astramentis is very hard to beat, and a rare shaped amulet with the right stats to beat the unique amulet is going to cost a lot of exalts, and probably it won't give much of a boost compared to other possible upgrades.
I'm lvl 89 now but still can't defeat gaurdians or Shaper.
Is there something i did wrong as in the vids they almost facetank everything including tier 16 but i just die in a blink.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.
"
Virevly wrote:
I'm lvl 89 now but still can't defeat gaurdians or Shaper.
Is there something i did wrong as in the vids they almost facetank everything including tier 16 but i just die in a blink.
Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

honestly I can't tell, can you post your stats?
or upload a video of you doing bosses?
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 28, 2018, 4:46:07 PM
Thanks for answering questions on this build, Giammafix. Would you help me to understand why a Incandescent Heart wouldn't be used on this build?
"
soultari wrote:
Thanks for answering questions on this build, Giammafix. Would you help me to understand why a Incandescent Heart wouldn't be used on this build?

well, the author posted this

"
Bristoling wrote:
"
dezda wrote:
I'm trying this build right now and its awesome!

Any thoughts about incandescent heart?

You are much better off with a rare. Your total ES will be much higher, with high Int there's little to no dps difference, you can get extra resists plus, most importantly, a decent rare will be a lot cheaper then 6L Incandescent Heart.

and personally, an incandescent heart gave me less dps on path of building, mainly because you gain chaos damage but it won't scale with lightning penetration (and we get more than 60% from the gem and tree) and the helmet with -9% lightning resistance to nearby enemies.
of course you also take 25% of all elemental damage taken as chaos damage, meaning it will amount to zero with chaos inoculation, but probably a good vaal regalia with more than 500 ES and intelligence will beat the incandescent heart considering that the extra es will also work against physical damage.
anyway if you're planning to use 4 red links with multistrike, incandescent heart is way easier to recolor.
Just started playing this build and up to level 88, almost 89, planning to grab fury bolts next. I still feel a bit squishy (8500 es atm) and still sometimes get one shot. What should I focus my currency upgrades on or did I miss points somewhere on the tree?

(Full disclosure, this is only my third league and first time playing HoWA and full ES so any advice is greatly appreciated!!)

Thanks for a fun build!
"
totalhavok3 wrote:
Just started playing this build and up to level 88, almost 89, planning to grab fury bolts next. I still feel a bit squishy (8500 es atm) and still sometimes get one shot. What should I focus my currency upgrades on or did I miss points somewhere on the tree?

(Full disclosure, this is only my third league and first time playing HoWA and full ES so any advice is greatly appreciated!!)

Thanks for a fun build!

well you could use added lightning damage enchant on boots, molten strike enchant on the helm, and of course gem quality and level
Great build, thank you very much OP!

Has anyone experimented with switching damage on full life with mulitstrike/ancestral call? If so what would you say is the best link in general?
"
Quasar_0 wrote:
Great build, thank you very much OP!

Has anyone experimented with switching damage on full life with mulitstrike/ancestral call? If so what would you say is the best link in general?

swapping lightning penetration with multistrike should give a bit more damage, but I haven't tried it yet because it's hard to get 4 red sockets on a vaal regalia
I have just done an Uber Elder carry with a guy in map since the start of the fight, so the bosses and ads had double life, without dying and wasting any portal! Too bad I didn't record the fight, will do next time hoping will be as smooth as this last.
It was a fresh set anyway, because I could not save his previous set for all the degen and ice on the ground.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info