So... is arc overpowered? or just traps?

Self cast arc isn't that crazy, is it?
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 11:48:44 AM
Nothing self cast is crazy and Arc isn't even that special people are just meme'ing when other skills can do as good lol

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Traps and totems are good due to the autotarget. The attack in place feature also improved trap/mine builds by like 200% so that's a factor as well. Skill is strong but not overpowered.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Depends on the point of view:

Arc is overpowered compared to game difficulty. Even self cast.
Arc is not overpowered compared to the other dozens of very strong skills.

D3 always suffered from number inflation. PoE limited numbers inflation quite well for a few years, but always suffered from mechanics inflation. But it has suffered from both for quite some time now.

It's now pointless to think of PoE in terms of balance. It's more of an experimentation chamber. You can actually tailor your own difficulty from 'easy peasy' to 'beta evasion viper strike' quite easily.
^ is a pretty perfect description tbh so it depends what your using to gauge if something is overpowered or not.

My basis for OP is Ice spear ^^ so everything is broken AF!
People are just throwing out "Arc is OP" to take GGG's and players attention away from other builds which are better... they'd rather Arc get a potential nerf than the build they are playing.
"
brunowa wrote:
People are just throwing out "Arc is OP" to take GGG's and players attention away from other builds which are better... they'd rather Arc get a potential nerf than the build they are playing.

25% of the characters between levels 92 and 100 use Arc so it really should be the other way around.
Arc feels great because your damage is immediate and widespread. Vaal Arc is devastating and can be extremely satisfying when you just blast away several packs screens away, like that area in the Ivory Temple at the end with a bunch of packs in one tightly packed area. One Vaal Arc and everything is dead.

But I like me some Ball Lightning for the Totems. No need for GMP. They clear well and they do add a good amount for single target where Arc, despite the more damage is not feeling that great.

My Hierophant is all about layering on damage: Arc (lucky), Balls, Orb, Surge, Herald, Curse, Shock. Have a Lightning Sandwich. ZAP!
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I've been playing for years and this is my first time using Arc. This league I have a self cast Inquisitor and I have just started a Sab arc trapper. So far, both are fun.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
No, arc is not op at all.
You need like 30-40 ex stuff at current prices to make it kinda insane damage.

Now arc at last somth worth to play. At last!
Risen from trash tier finally.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info