So... is arc overpowered? or just traps?

Arc trap is probably OP and I can kind of see why.

Self cast Arc is better now but still nowhere near as good as people claim.

I was using arc in incursion but i didn't actually find it all that great. I switched to ball lightning, it performs much better.
"The launch day went quite well with just a few small hotfixes to address minor problems."

Heist League - GGG
Its a PVE game..
Why do people care if skills are OP??
Its not like you are experiencing bad things because you got killed by someone using an OP skill.

Want a challenge?

Theres a lot of UP skills that you can use ^^
"
IIPheXII wrote:
The truly OP shit is using x2 shimmeron wands since those have no downsides with indirect damage.

1 shimmeron is enough to make any indirect damage spell OP. Arc just have same damage type and not fill your screen with A LOT OF junk like lightning trap or flamethrower traps.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
Its a PVE game..
Why do people care if skills are OP??

Because ppl like high numbers and they like to not have to spend exalts over exalts over some more exalts to clear everything in the game.

"
PrinceNiels wrote:
Want a challenge?

Yes, they do want a challenge. Just not the kind you are talking about. They want to complete the challenges ASAP for cheap and that require "OP".

"
PrinceNiels wrote:
Theres a lot of UP skills that you can use ^^

Yes, I can clearly see a Ice Nova Build being fun(No joke!). But is it from the start ? You will fail and fail at high end content and get bad farm which mean less items to make that char viable. So you will have lot of fun that turn into a bitter disappointment. So if someone wanna farm 40 Ex to make something viable by the end of the league. They actually need a "OP" build to farm it. Sad, but true. You dont really make a Windripper to end content. You make it to make another char... <--- Wth right ?
mines always was top tier dps builds, but the gameplay and cleanspeed generally is always worst than any wander/bow/melee sunder-cyclone builds

imo its fine.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Arcs DPS doubled in builds I had stored in PoB after update. I dont think it's OP though tops out about 1m DPS self cast with is less many things. Traps/mines are OP because you get many "casts" for one throw as opposed to self casting. Then again you have to like that playstyle. mines/traps like kinda like totems. I don't think people really like it they just like multiplier involved.

I feel traps/mines/totems we are bribed into playing because everyone would prefer to self cast or run fast builds like KB. So they give you like 4x DPS on boss to play them.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 17, 2018, 10:20:49 PM
PoE is in a state that if you want to balance something it would be easier to delete everything and make anew. As soon as you try to pick a single card the whole house collapses.
Arc is definitely strong, but it's really not worth a nerf when there are so many builds that completely outclass it, if OP means "slightly above average" then sure Arc is OP, but really it's not that insane.

Traps are also in a really good, slightly over-dominant spot in the meta right but but i don't really feel like any major blanket nerfs are warranted, maybe some token nerfs but nothing sweeping, let traps have their turn in the sun for a couple leagues after they've been dumpster tier for years.

Arc traps specifically are incredibly strong because of the mechanical interactions between the two covering each others weaknesses, combined with both being actually good from a numbers perspective.

There are a lot of skills that should be looked at before Arc is touched.
It might be better to say that totems/traps are OP. There is literally zero reason to go self casting (no, wanting to be a hipster doesnt count) because totems/traps are better in literally every way.

Most skills are still bad and nobody uses them in end game (or, less than 1% do). Thats not a good indication of balance.

Entire play styles are severly gimped (bleed, self casting, poison, ailments in general, two handers).

There is an entire element that is only used in end game due because of glacial cascades abusing stat sticks to scale damage to insane levels. There are literally ZERO freeze/chill builds for end game because end game bosses are immune to freeze and laugh at chill.

All two handed weapons (with the exception of some unique two handers) are invalidated by DW builds that do way more damage and let you zoom around the map due to more attack speed.

Most skill nodes are noob traps that only exist to penalize newbies. If you play ranger for example, you are pretty much forced to take evasion+life at start because any other choice will screw you over and people will scream that you are doing it wrong.

Almost every build using the same class/skill combo takes almost the exact nodes. Hell, almost every frost blades raider build uses claws, even though there are plenty of other weapon types in the game.

Sad part is, I heard so much praise about how amazing the devs were, but when I actually started playing, the reality is this.
I think in this league game is kinda forcing me into lightning so when i find second Poets Pen i will use arc to see it in action.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info