So... is arc overpowered? or just traps?

arc is broken as fuck, it did received too many buffs. Next patch they can divide the damage by 2 and it will be still in good place. 25% of the players are playing Arc or Vaal Arc, and there is a good reason.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jun 17, 2018, 10:00:13 AM
Arc works. To many players that means it's broken. They like to figure out how to make something work, and it takes ZERO choices to make Arc work.

It's by no means over-powered. It's just mindless.
Arc self cast is far from overpowerd.
Arc trap is meta competitive but not overpowered.

Mechanically, arc trap is basically being able to gmp+lmp an base skill that has strong base damage and viable dispersion which is extremely rare for spells - the only other skill that is close in this regard is fireball or pre nerf spark.

PoE is extremely well balanced at the moment if you consider a few leagues ago we had builds with millions point of damage that could leech it all back as life instantly or cost effective dot builds that could one shot end game with ease.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Selfcast is quite trashy indeed, good thing about traps or totems is the double automate targeting. One for the traps that cast the spell and the other from the spell itself when it chains. The less you have to aim a skill the better it usually feels you know.

Inpulasa's is also a factor here with those sweet explosions.

Anyway expect a nerf cuz you know reddit is mad they can't complain about league so much so they have to talk shit about the meta skill and feel forced to play the "top" one. And ofc GGG will listen to these people as always.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Nephalim wrote:

PoE is extremely well balanced at the moment if you consider a few leagues ago we had builds with millions point of damage that could leech it all back as life instantly or cost effective dot builds that could one shot end game with ease.

Is it any different now with the exception of not being able to play those DoT builds? I don't really feel like any additional spells are end-game viable.

Until they address the massive differences in scaling between some skills it just feels like they remove choice when they nerf something (and i'm someone that thinks nerfs are the way to go), with the exception of Arc and Elegiggle i don't think anything else really moved power level this league which seems like a waste considering they rebalanced a bunch of skills.

If Arcs the measuring stick can we buff other things to that much feel good?
I play an Arc Trapper and I can tell you that ARC on traps is insane.

Having 23 arc traps in the floor waiting to cheese anything is the op part.

It destroys Bosses like nothing.

I never did any t15+ Bosses before and now I can do it easily.

I melted the Lava Lake Boss like it was nothing.

I love Arc traps but I am 100% sure it will be nerfed to the ground, it needs little investment to be good.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

We cant. The thing is Arc isnt that strong, there are stronger skills. Its just Arc feels good to use, everybody and their grandma always wanted to play arc but the dmg wasnt there. Now its viable so players jumped on it like hyenas. Take lighting trap for example. It can outdps arc traps but its not as satisfying to use. Clear speed is similar, dmg is better on lighting trap, both have no cooldown so why is Arc used more? Because arc just feels better.
"
kuciol wrote:

We cant. The thing is Arc isnt that strong, there are stronger skills. Its just Arc feels good to use, everybody and their grandma always wanted to play arc but the dmg wasnt there. Now its viable so players jumped on it like hyenas. Take lighting trap for example. It can outdps arc traps but its not as satisfying to use. Clear speed is similar, dmg is better on lighting trap, both have no cooldown so why is Arc used more? Because arc just feels better.

As said it's insane on traps because traps are good. Try self cast when only 1 arc can go off at a time. The double auto target one from the traps and another from the chains is what makes clearing good. The 15% more damage per chain makes it viable single target and it's just at the same level as other skills.

The truly OP shit is using x2 shimmeron wands since those have no downsides with indirect damage.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

Arc 'feels' better because the only way to have a mechanically superior skill is literally a 2 screens wide AoE.

Arc always had excellent coverage with one caveat in extremely crowded areas (that vaal arc covered very well and got instantly back on). Now with double the #targets it's even better, with excellent (not the best, but still excellent) raw numbers.

Again, it's crazy strong. But hey, it's just one in many crazy strong abilities...
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

I get your point but I still think they can do a far better job and while there are stronger skills than Arc there aren't that many that are actually numerically superior its more that the scaling options are crazy (stat stick issues)

Also lightning traps damage isn't even close to Arc so I don't know why your using that as a comparison :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info