Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Bestiary was a better league then Incursion in terms of retention

As a casual all I'm gonna say about this league is that I don't like it at all.
ER doesn't work. Elemental resistances don't even matter, you have to build trapper or totems to actually do something without dying constantly...or builds who can clear from 3 screens away forget about melee builds. I hate it! I don't think I died more in a league than this one. Guess I'm gonna wait for next league...Also Alva get's bugged like crazy and maps load too slow (in one tier 5 i had to wait 1 minute for mobs to appear because they were invisible for some reason). Hey but I can't wait for someone to say i need better internet speed and a better computer KAPPA.
I think the clear best part of this thread is how I_NO continues to troll you guys and you just keep biting on the hook regardless.

You are blind to your own gullibility. Soap boxing and claiming some sort of moral, ethical, or intelligence-based superiority is simply adding food to the already blazing fire.

To the point - I have really liked Incursion so far. I have, however, elected to skip it all until I hit my usual level cap of 90, because I am definitely not up to build-snuff to deal with Incursions at my level without the odd death. And we all know how kick-in-the-nuts frustrating a couple of deaths a night is when you are trying to hit a level objective.

So I am not entirely sure what: "like but am skipping for a while" says about the league.......or my PoE ability for that matter.

"
Fapmobile wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
I remember when Steam was in Beta and sucked alot, btw I kicked ass at CS back in the day. I'm old. I give no shits about retention on Steam. If you disagree, I give even fewer shits about you.

You gave enought shit to respond to this thread...

Sherlock Holmes amongst us.

Well You aint one.
Seems to me most folks who are to endgame prefer this. I have quite a few on my friends list, guild discord, etc. They are all still online. Compared to last league where most people came back to Standard, I'd say retention has been good.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Shin0Me wrote:
As a casual all I'm gonna say about this league is that I don't like it at all.
ER doesn't work. Elemental resistances don't even matter, you have to build trapper or totems to actually do something without dying constantly...or builds who can clear from 3 screens away forget about melee builds. I hate it! I don't think I died more in a league than this one. Guess I'm gonna wait for next league...Also Alva get's bugged like crazy and maps load too slow (in one tier 5 i had to wait 1 minute for mobs to appear because they were invisible for some reason). Hey but I can't wait for someone to say i need better internet speed and a better computer KAPPA.

I have 3 different melee witches all with less than 5k hp, no more than 8% phys mit along with nowhere near the damage output they should be doing since I'm either too lazy or definitely not about to overpay to upgrade their gear and have yet to die on any of them. It's not your computer or internet that needs to be improved...
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
It was clearly known from Chris going on the PR trip to USA to promote/hype Incursion League that GGG was embracing the speed meta builds with incursion mechanics (pendulum swung completely opposite from Bestiary backlash). Since we knew before league start that to thrive on incursions we would need to focus on a speed clearing build there were no secrets. Which skills would be best for fast incursion runs was still up in the air until we got full patch notes on the Wednesday before league start to see what the final skill buffs/nerfs were. So knowing that only speed clearing builds would work for incursions it is crazy stupid to come back and complain to GGG that a specific slower clearing build always fails in incursions (always runs out of time) and because of that Incursion League sucks and is a failure.

What just plain sucks is that the QQers are complaining about something we knew in advance of league start and so shouldn't expect any slow mob clearing builds to be working in incursions. That is a failure of the player and not of GGG.

Only unknown was how well the trap and arc buffs would work. Turns out they work exceeding well. If you hate or don't want to play a trapper or totem caster then that's ok but just don't complain that "I can't do incursions with the short timer". Either play this leagues meta builds that do work, take a 3 month break, or skip Incursion League and work on a standard build. Either way stop complaining already (ad nauseum).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 18, 2018, 6:27:49 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Either play this leagues meta builds that do work, take a 3 month break, or skip Incursion League and work on a standard build. Either way stop complaining already (ad nauseum).

So players shouldn't complain because they can just quit instead? Amazing, and I thought the Diablo 3 fanboys were unsalvageable. I have no problem clearing Incursions, but I can see how the short timer fucks over new players or people who - god forbid - like to try new stuff instead of copying meta builds and "maximizing their efficiency". Bestiary had a lot of flaws, but it was far more newb friendly than Vaal Breach. See a beast on the map? Take all the time you need to get it low and capture it. Don't know what to craft? Sit in the menagerie for however long you want and look through your recipes. The more I play Incursion, the more I realize it was made so GGG could win back the neurotic Reddit speedfarmers whose daily job is crying about slow content.

And you know what's hilarious? When all the hype is over, when all you people are done worshipping this league as GGG's magnum opus and you're done gearing your amazingly creative Arc builds, you'll see that Bestiary was more popular than Incursion. The Steam charts show it and that's 2/3rds of PoE's population. Copying meta builds and playing the game the "right way" might be the pinnacle of fun for you, but it obviously isn't for a lot of people. The reality is if you're not playing a speedclear build, you can't participate in Incursion. And it makes me so happy to know Tencent have a financial interest now, because they're not gonna let GGG pander to the minority that view PoE as a cookie clicker for copy-pasted builds and bitch very loudly when it tries to be something more.
Last edited by ChefoSLR on Jun 18, 2018, 10:21:43 PM
Incursions and the temple are just very boring and very shallow. They could be entirely replaced by a super vaal orb that does the same thing as the corruption altar/gem altar with no big loss. Every other room is boring. The boss is boring.p

Of course the temple spews out maps and currency like no tomorrow so people love it. Personally I would have been bored out of my mind and quit in the first week if it wasn't for the challenge of hardcore.

So it's no surprise at all that bestiary had a higher retention rate.
Of coarse retention is bad. We're going into summer and people would rather be outside. Myself, I make most of my money in the summer. I loved this league for about a week when i realized I dont have enough spare time leftover to play after placing concrete all day ,
IMHO, it is too early to talk about retention. Let's wait 1-2 month and we will see.

"
Of coarse retention is bad. We're going into summer and people would rather be outside. Myself, I make most of my money in the summer. I loved this league for about a week when i realized I dont have enough spare time leftover to play after placing concrete all day ,
Good point, but in NZ, it is winter and so is in any other country located on the southern hemisphere. PoE is played all over the globe, so we can assume that seasonal effects are limmited to regions and that they are more or less compensated on the global level. Steam charts of other games played globally doesn't show much seasonal behavior as well.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info