Bestiary was a better league then Incursion in terms of retention

Incursion is the perfect league for bad players. The very same people who suck so bad they couldn't handle a red beast are the very same ones soiling themselves over this joke of a league we have now. Temple is ridiclously easy, hell every single story boss is more of a challenge than it, and gives a bunch of dogshit loot (not to mention it's buggy af, I still have yet to see a chest spawn in a map room).
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
Incursion is the perfect league for bad players. The very same people who suck so bad they couldn't handle a red beast are the very same ones soiling themselves over this joke of a league we have now. Temple is ridiclously easy, hell every single story boss is more of a challenge than it, and gives a bunch of dogshit loot (not to mention it's buggy af, I still have yet to see a chest spawn in a map room).

Dude you don't even have a single character

OMEGALUL

Nice alt account show us how good you are on your actual account cmoon LETS GET A LAUGH!

HoHO
HAHA

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
For me Incursion was fun until I saw all of the rooms or upgraded most of them once, after that it became pretty tedious and monotonous. Even more since Alva sits in every zone. I skipped both Abyss and Beastiary so I can not comment on those, but I'd very much prefer Harbinger over Incursion. My all of the time favourite though is still Breach. Apart from that I am sure Incursion will make for a nice core game addition.
"
In accordance with the Steam Charts,

Bestiary day 1 82k average player count
19 days later 51k (63% of day1)
around 1.95% of day1 average online player left per day

Incursion day 1 89k (peaking at 96k) average player count
16 days later 55k (62% of day1)
around 2.34% of day1 average online player left per day
maybe because Incursion is not fun for them?

From a business perspective, if players buy mtx, the retention won't matter, but I doubt it.
My guess is day 1 experience is not enough to convince the new players to buy packs, and the longer ppl play the game, more the chances of buying mtx.

If I were the dev, in the next expansion I would introduce contents which requires new type of paid tabs for veteran players who already have several map tabs so that they could spend more points, and for beginner players contents that would be easier to play and understand without buying paid tabs. But I am certain GGG will surprise me with much better solutions.

Gotta love non-supporters...it's all about business perspective!
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
kuciol wrote:
Its not like the temples and incursion are not rewarding, on contrary but those rewards are in most part meaningless. In breach for example you were working to fight those breachlords, the pinnacle was Chayula and its was hard to even attempt it but you were working towards that goal. In bestiary you had this whole crafting, you had goals in front of you the whole time, you had bosses that you were looking forward to fight. In incursion average player can do 1 or 2 temples every single day, this greater goal doesnt exist, you have nothing to work towards to so the rewards are meaningless. Every incursion is the same , every temple feels the same there is nothing new to experience. You also forget that "30 shaped burial chambers / hour speed" is not a norm, in reality its so small percentage of players thats its not even worth mentioning. Most players dont care for that. This league was cool and all, for about a week than burnout kicked in and it became boring chore.

I felt the burnout the first day, but a lot of that was from a month of flashback. But its definitely clear that some people/dinosaurs don't want to acknowledge that a game that can appeal to many types of gamers is also going to be enjoyed in ways beyond the mindless map clear.

If it wasn't for the masses of people constantly pulling on the loot slot machine, there wouldn't be much of an economy for the higher tier players to exploit/enjoy.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
The majority don't use steam charts ROFL STOP DOING THAT STEAM START SHIT I USE STEAM because I have like 30000 billion games that's it not everyone likes steam in fact pretty sure a lot of people hate it.

People have used the stand alone client for a long ass time now.

ALSO BEAST LEAGUE SUCKED ASS

SHIT LEAGUE

Over 60% of day 1 players were using the steam client.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154088

Whatever steam charts show, it's happening to the majority of the playerbase. Half, at least.

OMEGALUL HALF? Hahahaha THIS GUY THINKS HALF of the player base USES STEAM HAHAHAHAH holy shit no wonder you think they nerf shit cuz of XBOX

Thank god I have connections.

when they hit over 100k for the first time they released to total number that day and guess what, steam represents a large majority of that user total.

But believe what you want and continue being an ass
"

Pressing V is apparently Complex?

HAHAHAHAH

Beast league was SHIT GET OVER IT why do you think they didn't keep it? CUZ IT WAS SHIT

Great league huh? OH WAIT IT WAS SHIT even GGG thought so

OMEGALUL

For you? Yeap it was to complex. The way you write every single post further proves my point.
"
kuciol wrote:
It doesnt matter what some of you believe, majority of players use steam and thats confirmed fact. So numbers there are more relevant than your beliefs. Even if it wasnt the case than it is big enough sample size anyway so this moaning is pointless.
This is even more true than most are willing to admit. Bot user are not technically players and they all use standalone client.

What I think

"
kuciol wrote:
The truth is this league doest offer much in itself. After a week you have seen it all. Bosses in temple are irrelevant, they are weaker than rares, the temple feels and look the same every time making the "build your own map" part kinda disappointing.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Lack of challenge. Bestiary red beasts were fun to engage, incursions eventually wear you down because you are fighting the layout more than the actual mobs.

"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

The thing was beastiary had things to appeal to different niches of players, particularly the SSF crowd. Incursion looked promising on the trailer, but in practice its been pretty lackluster. While its fine for folks engrossed in the speed, I get the feeling that many players are unimpressed and feeling largely unrewarded by their temple runs.

And sadly enough, I did not like bestiary... So incursion being worse is kinda pathetic.

Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 16, 2018, 6:37:31 PM
"
kuciol wrote:
"

Pressing V is apparently Complex?

HAHAHAHAH

Beast league was SHIT GET OVER IT why do you think they didn't keep it? CUZ IT WAS SHIT

Great league huh? OH WAIT IT WAS SHIT even GGG thought so

OMEGALUL

For you? Yeap it was to complex. The way you write every single post further proves my point.

That didn't even remotely make sense whatsoever dude pressing V is complex to you apparently that's your entire point

OMEGALUL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Incursion league is better. Proof:

Two "firsts" for a 5 year+ player.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info