Bestiary was a better league then Incursion in terms of retention

"
The majority don't use steam charts ROFL STOP DOING THAT STEAM START SHIT I USE STEAM because I have like 30000 billion games that's it not everyone likes steam in fact pretty sure a lot of people hate it.

People have used the stand alone client for a long ass time now.

ALSO BEAST LEAGUE SUCKED ASS

SHIT LEAGUE

Over 60% of day 1 players were using the steam client.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154088

Whatever steam charts show, it's happening to the majority of the playerbase. Half, at least.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
"
The majority don't use steam charts ROFL STOP DOING THAT STEAM START SHIT I USE STEAM because I have like 30000 billion games that's it not everyone likes steam in fact pretty sure a lot of people hate it.

People have used the stand alone client for a long ass time now.

ALSO BEAST LEAGUE SUCKED ASS

SHIT LEAGUE

Over 60% of day 1 players were using the steam client.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154088

Whatever steam charts show, it's happening to the majority of the playerbase. Half, at least.

OMEGALUL HALF? Hahahaha THIS GUY THINKS HALF of the player base USES STEAM HAHAHAHAH holy shit no wonder you think they nerf shit cuz of XBOX

Thank god I have connections.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Maybe if you shout louder the facts of the universe will change in your favor.
I don´t think Steam, Twitter or reddit numbers say much about the quality of a game.

That being said,

Bestiary had long term goals, you could catch that six link beast, get the full armor set, find the prophecy beast and so on. It was brand new content, especially the idea to finally have sets was brilliant and kept you motivated to keep playing.

Incursion has nothing to offer in that regard, each Incursion is the same, so is the temple and it´s a huge grind and big annoyance to finally get it done, due the RNG of doors, keys and layouts.

Someone said it right, you fight the mechanics more, than the actual content and this is bad. If we now consider that Incursions are not playable for new players, then you will understand why so many jumped the ship.
GGG also doesn´t seem to care about improving the league at all, Bestiary saw a lot more attention from the Devs, it´s as if they have already abandoned Incursion.

Incursion is a big failure, but only so GGG can improve I guess. My big hope is that with the Chinese company on their side, they will start realizing that you can not make a game by listening to streamers and reddit folks.
Last edited by Ygidua on Jun 16, 2018, 8:01:54 AM
"
Ygidua wrote:
I don´t think Steam, Twitter or reddit numbers say much about the quality of a game.

That being said,

Bestiary had long term goals, you could catch that six link beast, get the full armor set, find the prophecy beast and so on. It was brand new content, especially the idea to finally have sets was brilliant and kept you motivated to keep playing.

Incursion has nothing to offer in that regard, each Incursion is the same, so is the temple and it´s a huge grind and big annoyance to finally get it done, due the RNG of doors, keys and layouts.

Someone said it right, you fight the mechanics more, than the actual content and this is bad. If we now consider that Incursions are not playable for new players, then you will understand why so many jumped the ship.
GGG also doesn´t seem to care about improving the league at all, Bestiary saw a lot more attention from the Devs, it´s as if they have already abandoned Incursion.

Incursion is a big failure, but only so GGG can improve I guess. My big hope is that with the Chinese company on their side, they will start realizing that you can not make a game by listening to streamers and reddit folks.

Yeah it's a failure to you because you can't do it well OMEGALUL all you had to do was look through your post history.

Nice build you got their.

HaHAA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
What's that? A game with a set of mechanics that speeds up gameplay and introduces powercreep has a higher burn-out/drop-out rate?

Quelle surprise.

'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
"
Unquietheart wrote:
What's that? A game with a set of mechanics that speeds up gameplay and introduces powercreep has a higher burn-out/drop-out rate?

Quelle surprise.

STOP TRYING TO NERF MY FUN OMEGALUL
Called "advertising". There wasn't much of it before Bestiary, but a ton of it before Incursion. So more people tried it out. This game doesn't compare well with others because it's really niche. We tend to think in weeks and months rather than minutes and hours. Most gamers can't abide that. When one of those types tries us out, they play for an hour or two and quit. No biggie. No loss.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 16, 2018, 8:31:00 AM
"

Yeah it's a failure to you because you can't do it well OMEGALUL all you had to do was look through your post history.

HaHAA

Nah its failure since you like it and you shown a lot of times that you hate anything that is even a little bit more complex than a spoon. You seem to be really fond of the most basic and boring shit out there so its safe to assume that any league mechanic that you will hate will be great one.
"
kuciol wrote:
"

HaHAA

Nah its failure since you like it and you shown a lot of times that you hate anything that is even a little bit more complex than a spoon. You seem to be really fond of the most basic and boring shit out there so its safe to assume that any league mechanic that you will hate will be great one.

Pressing V is apparently Complex?

HAHAHAHAH

Beast league was SHIT GET OVER IT why do you think they didn't keep it? CUZ IT WAS SHIT

Great league huh? OH WAIT IT WAS SHIT even GGG thought so

OMEGALUL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 16, 2018, 2:19:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info