Bestiary was a better league then Incursion in terms of retention

In accordance with the Steam Charts,

Bestiary day 1 82k average player count
19 days later 51k (63% of day1)
around 1.95% of day1 average online player left per day

Incursion day 1 89k (peaking at 96k) average player count
16 days later 55k (62% of day1)
around 2.34% of day1 average online player left per day
maybe because Incursion is not fun for them?

From a business perspective, if players buy mtx, the retention won't matter, but I doubt it.
My guess is day 1 experience is not enough to convince the new players to buy packs, and the longer ppl play the game, more the chances of buying mtx.

If I were the dev, in the next expansion I would introduce contents which requires new type of paid tabs for veteran players who already have several map tabs so that they could spend more points, and for beginner players contents that would be easier to play and understand without buying paid tabs. But I am certain GGG will surprise me with much better solutions.
Last bumped on Jun 20, 2018, 2:18:37 AM
The majority don't use steam charts ROFL STOP DOING THAT STEAM START SHIT I USE STEAM because I have like 30000 billion games that's it not everyone likes steam in fact pretty sure a lot of people hate it.

People have used the stand alone client for a long ass time now.

ALSO BEAST LEAGUE SUCKED ASS

SHIT LEAGUE

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Jun 16, 2018, 1:10:07 AM
"
The majority don't use steam charts ROFL STOP DOING THAT STEAM START SHIT I USE STEAM because I have like 30000 billion games that's it not everyone likes steam in fact pretty sure a lot of people hate it.

People have used the stand alone client for a long ass time now.

ALSO BEAST LEAGUE SUCKED ASS

SHIT LEAGUE

Actually you are totally right from the veteran players perspectives. Everyone around me agree with you too.

I remember when Steam was in Beta and sucked alot, btw I kicked ass at CS back in the day. I'm old. I give no shits about retention on Steam. If you disagree, I give even fewer shits about you.
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
I remember when Steam was in Beta and sucked alot, btw I kicked ass at CS back in the day. I'm old. I give no shits about retention on Steam. If you disagree, I give even fewer shits about you.

You gave enought shit to respond to this thread...
"

I'm somewhat drunk and bored. Not the same as caring.
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
"

And still... That made You to act on it. Maby Youve got shitty motivation? Are You enjoying life overall? Are You happy? Trully like not shallow in modern world way like. Are You?
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
"

You're drunk, bored and only have 4 challenges... so it seems that player retention isn't that great in your case as well.
I only have 1 challenge, go figure (however, I don't appear in Steam charts).

There might be some truth to OP's claim.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
jpsherman1 wrote:
"

You're drunk, bored and only have 4 challenges... so it seems that player retention isn't that great in your case as well.
I only have 1 challenge, go figure (however, I don't appear in Steam charts).

There might be some truth to OP's claim.

Sorry, I've been spending the last couple of months getting a Bakery/Cafe off the ground. And I have 2 kids, sooo I haven't been able to play much before I fall asleep. 6 years ago I would have had the time to play this shit nonstop.
Last edited by jpsherman1 on Jun 16, 2018, 2:16:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info