[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

If anyone has an Aurabot in standard, msg me in game I would like to see if I can carry him in some T14-15 Elder. Also after we evaluate the fight and see how elder behaves vs 2 we can try do it potionless/motionless. Always trying to figure out new ways to test this build's retardness lmao.
Edit:ok just spawned t14 elder but servers will restart in about 6 minutes from this time I post lol.
Edit2: ok I just finished the fight with an aurabot, fight was retardendly easy, and wihtout tell him antyhing , we did the fight motionless potionless, the Auradude did not move the whole fight he just stayed at the center, maybe he used potions I dont know, I didn't, the zombies and the skeletons where moving at the speed of light.
Edit 3: maybe I should try doing the fight with 5 zombies or something like that, or 3 linked or wihtout boots.I am open to ideas, give me a challenge or what you would like to see, must be retarded.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Last edited by Spacecom on Oct 17, 2018, 6:41:55 PM
An aurabot with this build gets a bit ridiculous as you basically modify the shaper DPS you once had by around a factor of 7-12 depending on which type of aurabot (Templar is closer to 7 while Scion is closer to 12.) With an aurabot you should be able to crunch through shaper, uber trio or uber atziri with ease. Expect your zombies to one-shot themselves on atziri though.
mostly followed your guide with my first summoner.

https://pastebin.com/R7MKrnmX

dunno if I broke it with my changes but I can't beat chimera, phoenix or minotaur.

any suggestion would be appreciated.
Last edited by porkdinner on Oct 20, 2018, 12:37:45 PM
"
porkdinner wrote:
mostly followed your guide with my first summoner.

https://pastebin.com/R7MKrnmX

dunno if I broke it with my changes but I can't beat chimera, phoenix or minotaur.

any suggestion would be appreciated.

The changes you've made have cost you around 2.3 million(mostly skeletons) of the original 5-6 million shaper dps the build once had. The biggest area of loss is using 4-link Raging Spirits in this build over Skeletons and spectres. If you want to build for the Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy node you absolutely can, but I would recommend following "Clooney_Is_The_Best_Batman" 's guide for it here Zombiemancer. His build takes full advantage of the Mistress of Sacrifice node. The changes needed aren't massive, but they are enough that you will have an easier time on the listed bosses.

Also if you pick up the Mistress of Sacrifice node you should absolutely not be using Offering/Desecrate on cast when damage taken. Instead you should have desecrate linked to spell cascade and use both manually. If you need to take 3400 damage to fire off your heal spell it wont happen fast enough to save you the second time as there is usually a small delay when they are cast.

If you'd prefer to work with this build you absolutely can, here is a list of changes I would recommend.

Remove

Mistress of Sacrifice ascendancy

Summon Raging Spirit

Animated Guardian

Cast When Damage taken

Add

Reconfigure your tree a bit to get the Death Attunement notable at the top of the tree for +1 spectre/zombie/skeleton

Bone Sculptor Ascendancy

Put Vaal Summon Skeleton in your helmet in place of Raging Spirit. Support them with Minion Damage, Melee Physical damage and Maim(increases zombie damage)

Put spectres in place of Animated Guardian. One is your source of curses, I recommend Enfeeble (Diabolist, act 1, upper prison.) The other option for curse would be Vulnerability (Merveil's Chosen, Post-game, map-only spawn.) The second spectre should be an Undying Evangelist for their proximity bubble which will really help against phoenix. (Act 3, Upper Scepter of God.) - Link with Increased Duration for best results.

Reconfigure your empower link to just be fore Holy Relic and Stone Golem as they will give you the most benefit from extra levels.

Replace the Cast When Damage Taken with a Spell Cascade for better results on offering (offerings consume a max of 9 corpses per use, this will cause desecrate to spawn 15 instead of 5 at a time.)

Get an Enlighten on the two auras as this will free up a bit more of your mana pool for MoM.

This should be enough for you to clear those listed bosses. keep in mind for some of them you may also end up swapping Vaal Summon Skeletons to the chest 6-link and zombies into the helmet 4-link to give you a slightly easier time with some. If you find your zombies dying on those fights and you have to resummon them alot you'll want to swap to skeletons as your primary source.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Oct 20, 2018, 3:29:55 PM
thanks for reply, I levelled using srs and just couldnt get rid of it sorta like sentimental. mistress of sacrifice was a mistake, didn't read guide closely enough.

i'll try out the suggestions and see how I go.
I'm not the best when I havta push lotsa buttons.

I've had a lot of fun this league because of this build.

thanks again !
Hey guys! Got a couple more questions.

So PoB says that Smite counts toward the attack speed bonus granted by Commander of Darkness, which makes sense.

But it also says that linking Generosity to Smite gives another +0.4% attack speed to zombies, which sounds weird to me?

Isn't Generosity supposed to only increase the lightning damage from Smite's aura ?

Also, the guide on first page says we need Physical to Lightning Support for our skeletons link.

But looking at the gear you guys posted here, you all seem to be using Melee Physical Damage Support instead.

So what's the final word on that?

Other than that, I'm currently lvl92 farming T12/T13 maps (dropped my very first T14 map yesterday) and the build works great.

Died a few times so far, but it' mostly due to me shield charing into monster packs/bosses like a moron, so now I'm relying more on potions for movement speed.
"
Hey guys! Got a couple more questions.

So PoB says that Smite counts toward the attack speed bonus granted by Commander of Darkness, which makes sense.

But it also says that linking Generosity to Smite gives another +0.4% attack speed to zombies, which sounds weird to me?

Isn't Generosity supposed to only increase the lightning damage from Smite's aura ?

Also, the guide on first page says we need Physical to Lightning Support for our skeletons link.

But looking at the gear you guys posted here, you all seem to be using Melee Physical Damage Support instead.

So what's the final word on that?

Other than that, I'm currently lvl92 farming T12/T13 maps (dropped my very first T14 map yesterday) and the build works great.

Died a few times so far, but it' mostly due to me shield charing into monster packs/bosses like a moron, so now I'm relying more on potions for movement speed.

Not sure about the generosity interaction you are seeing. I don't believe smite added any attack speed so it shouldn't add more when adding generosity.

The skeletons were running Physical to Lightning as a way to provide shock. It isn't needed and is unreliable on bosses so we've opted to remove it for melee phys for more raw damage. Plus Smite gives us enough shock chance as it is for trash clear.
"
TokeMcBong wrote:
Not sure about the generosity interaction you are seeing. I don't believe smite added any attack speed so it shouldn't add more when adding generosity.

Maybe a PoB bug?

"
"
TokeMcBong wrote:

Maybe a PoB bug?

Necromancer Ascendancy. The attack/cast speed per Aura actually gets put on the aura so generosity makes it go from 3% to 5% attack speed from that aura and you would no longer receive that bonus.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Oct 30, 2018, 9:46:22 PM
https://pastebin.com/y5J2sn4f

ok made 99.9 % of changes suggested as well and some gear changes and so far seems good. I am in the middle of a level so I haven't tested out the bosses yet plus im adjusting to slightly different play style ... seems way more powerful though.

only change I haven't done is cwdt for spell cascade due to my lack of button pressing skillz.

I was starting to struggle at lvl 258 in mine I'm hoping changes will allow me to push on to 300. haven't tested that yet as I want my player level 94 first.

edit : couldn't wait chimera and minotaur deathless, phoenix died once but shoulda been deathless.
Last edited by porkdinner on Nov 2, 2018, 8:52:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info