When you realize cyclone has no advantages over blade vortex

Why do people have the urge to exaggerate how bad something is. Cyclone isnt that bad at all. I do believe it needs to be a channeling skill at least.
I did a trypanon cyclone inquisitor a few leagues ago which was a heap of fun to play. Since abyss jewels with "increase attack speed of you have crit recently", along g with flat ele dmg, the build can scale extremely well.
Cyclone is an objectively bad skill. Not because of its performance, damage, or mechanics, though.

Because when you Cyclone, your character model snaps into a perfectly rigid-spined 'T' posture with arms locked and outstretched parallel to the ground, then use fart manipulation to puff yourself around in spiraling circles without actually moving a single muscle, and somehow your weapons manage to damage things despite no edge alignment, or in fact any actual motion of the body.

Try it sometime. Massively slow down a Cycloner rogue exile, or run a slow Cyclone in a Temp Chains/Chilled Ground map. The animation is objectively hideous, the idea is nonsensical and ridiculous, and Cyclone's mere existence has prevented GGG from making any other APS-focused weapon skill ever with the sole exception of Blade Flurry.

Blortex may not actually be much of a "Vortex" anymore, but at least it makes sense. Cyclone is just painful to watch, painful to play, painful to even think about. Worst skill in PoE, hands down. No matter how good it may or may not be.
My Ngahamu Cyclone is my most successful and one of the most fun builds I've ever played. Not sure what you're on about.
"
brunowa wrote:
My Ngahamu Cyclone is my most successful and one of the most fun builds I've ever played. Not sure what you're on about.

It's a matter of perspective. A successful build to you might be complete trash to someone who's used to KB.
"
brunowa wrote:

One unique being opieOP does not make a skill good.

Try a Cyclone build with some random rare weapon, see how that goes.
I like to use cyclone as league starter, no complains, fluid and does not have to stop compared to other melee skills, as with the league starter i usually do all white and yellow maps + lab running, that is a big plus.

<shrug>
"
ZACHWILDCAT wrote:
Why do people have the urge to exaggerate how bad something is. Cyclone isnt that bad at all. I do believe it needs to be a channeling skill at least.

I'm interested in how you think i'm over exaggerating.
Tell me then, what advantage does cyclone have over blade vortex?
I know what you're going to say... stun immunity right? You should join the balance team, you'd fit right in.
"
IIPheXII wrote:
There is a reason the "1k hours meme" is not just a meme but a fact. Why cyclone has some many downsides like 50% less damage at first hit, less movement speed, terrible bleed damage due to low average hit, AWFUL pathing compared to D3 WW barb is still a mistery... I've personally haven't looked back since i swapped cyclone for flicker strike
Oh! I think I remember the 50% damage on first hit thing.
It was because cyclone's first hit is instant and people were stutter-cycloning rather than using it regularly.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
Cyclone is NOT a total garbage skill. I have started the past 3 leagues with cyclone 1 slayer 2 hand sword, 1 slayer 2 hand axe and 1 scion 2 hand sword crit version. All of them got me 157 atlas completion, killed shaper, elder everything. Resolute technique guardian and shaper damage isn’t anything special but perfectly capable. The Scion crit version shaper damage is just insane. Cyclone clears maps fairly quickly and is stun immune. Could it be improved? Definitely no doubt but it isn’t the joke meme skill a lot of people make it out to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info