When you realize cyclone has no advantages over blade vortex

Yet the balance team does nothing about it because Cyklon iz too stronk! it gib you stun imunity!

Edit:
I really love cyclone, it is by far my favorite idea of a skill. However, in its current state it is too gimmicky. You absolutely need to rely on alternate effects such as ngamahus molten burst to make it viable, or spend an insane amount of currency on crit gear that could be spent on a much more effective skill.

For example reave, imagine using those same crit items on a reave/blade flurry build. Imagine spending them on shaper stat sticks for blade vortex. There's really no competition and GGG should address this... its no fun playing a sub-par skill.
Last edited by ShadeyShadow on Jun 19, 2018, 7:21:18 PM
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 6:50:56 AM
cyclone sucks to be honest and many other 2 hander skills.
I respecced my Sunder Glad starter to Starforge Cyclone Slayer and I was SHOCKED at how shit it was. I did Cyclone a few leagues ago, but I don't remember it being THAT bad lol.
"
poepoe091 wrote:
I was SHOCKED

I see what you did there.
There is a reason the "1k hours meme" is not just a meme but a fact. Why cyclone has some many downsides like 50% less damage at first hit, less movement speed, terrible bleed damage due to low average hit, AWFUL pathing compared to D3 WW barb is still a mistery... I've personally haven't looked back since i swapped cyclone for flicker strike.

The best thing you can do is completely ignore these trash garbage skills they nerf or that they make. Unless you really have fun playing them, better pick a good skill without downsides.
Unless it's for boss killing or lab farming you can ignore melee and pure physical builds too.

GGG is simply lazy to improve things that are easy to improve, just don't play those parts of the game.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jun 15, 2018, 1:46:43 AM
Cyclone is pretty weak, but Ngamahu cyclone is easy mode.
There's so many skills, though. Some of them are bound to be imbalanced (too good or too bad).

The good news is that if cyclone's not living up to your expectations, there's several replacements.
I am playing Cyclone for the 2nd league in a row. I try liking other melee skills, like I leveled with Infernal Blow--But I always gravitate back to Cyclone. There is an old proverb - "Spin to win" and I believe that holds true today :)
Sure the single target is bad, but with the introduction of the vaal updates- I can remedy that with Vaal Cyclone + Double Strike which pretty much annihilates any boss.
The thing I like about it is it's fluid. You can maneuver while attacking. Dodge things while attacking. I have tried blade Flurry multiple times. I hate the stop, go, stop, go...channel, go. It's got good single target for sure.
I also hate how when you channel, the target will stray out of the area and you just stay there not hitting it. I feel you should auto-follow to a certain proximity of the target.
"
neonive wrote:
I am playing Cyclone for the 2nd league in a row. I try liking other melee skills, like I leveled with Infernal Blow--But I always gravitate back to Cyclone. There is an old proverb - "Spin to win" and I believe that holds true today :)
Sure the single target is bad, but with the introduction of the vaal updates- I can remedy that with Vaal Cyclone + Double Strike which pretty much annihilates any boss.
The thing I like about it is it's fluid. You can maneuver while attacking. Dodge things while attacking. I have tried blade Flurry multiple times. I hate the stop, go, stop, go...channel, go. It's got good single target for sure.
I also hate how when you channel, the target will stray out of the area and you just stay there not hitting it. I feel you should auto-follow to a certain proximity of the target.

I'm not a fan of channelling skill but blade flurry is in a class a part.

I did an ascendant claw blade flurry (slayer + assassin) and it was so fun , crazy damage and you are barely stationnary to output it :D
"
HeManNZ wrote:
Cyclone is pretty weak, but Ngamahu cyclone is easy mode.

this. so much this. cyclone feels so good with ngamahu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info