Quiting drinking sucks

"
de99ial wrote:
I sincerely feel sorry for You. And i am gratefull thats its not me. Thank You for taking this burden on Your shoulders because this way i dont have to.

And if i was in any way harmfull im sorry.

No problem, you get used to it over time, and there's a benefit to it too: plenty of legitimate excuses to not do things you don't want to :D (moving heavy objects, picking up sticks/branches after a storm, , eating broccoli, etc)

Just wanted to let A_D know that not everyone who is "out of shape" has control over it, it's not just a lazy junkfood eater couch potato thing.
rawr. fear me.
"
erdelyii wrote:
Old deep forests?

I wish but not really no. We have cities here You knwo ;) And current weather is kinda like in Croatia. Warm as hell ;)

EDIT

But amanita muscaria grows in the area - because it grows everywhere here - and we got some fields with other psylocybe ;)

I think shrooms grows eveywhere but You need some learning how to find them, how to veryfie that it is what You think it is and how to prepare them to be safe ;)
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 22, 2018, 3:46:14 AM
Indeed, was midsummer there yesterday (midwinter here).

I lived in a house with a big yard and pine trees about a few years ago that dozens and dozens of large fly agaric popped up in every Winter. Without a Siberian shaman on hand no way was I going to touch them, but they were really fey all around the yard.

Aware that I don't want to veer too into "removable" post territory.

Pretty nature.

I always liked the mushroom scene in Alice in Wonderland, and in Journey to the Centre of the Earth.

A forest of Mushrooms!

Preparing those is pretty easy - just gather them and put them on sun or in warm place to dry. Warm is changing their chemical structure and they stop being poison (they not really are dangerious to man even raw) and become "magical". Also thats the source of socks for gifts on the chimney ;) Yeah "Santa Claws" ist origonal shaman that provided dried shrooms to houses via hole in the roof.

"Magick time, christmas time".

;)
That is new to me. Huh. To the search engine!

"
6. Rudolph's nose resembles a bright-red mushroom.

Ruck points to Rudolph as another example of the mushroom imagery resurfacing: His nose looks exactly like a red mushroom. "It's amazing that a reindeer with a red-mushroom nose is at the head, leading the others," he said.

Sounds like a case of seeing mushrooms everywhere, but the theory has its charms.

You want more? Read this:
https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Mushroom-Evidence-Mushrooms-Judeo-Christianity/dp/0982556209
Then You see "shrooms everywhere" ;)
Didn't read the whole thread as usual but have something to add as usual.

Quitting cold turkey is fucking dangerous but I skimmed through and saw that people said this already.

Ah, alcohol. I am a hyper-high functioning alcoholic to a point of hilarity. I drink even when I don't want to because it helps with some medical issues in a pinch but in the process I mastered the art so much that most people I know prefer me drunk. I am a much better listener, a better storyteller, more emphatic and involved when drunk and I genuinely care more. Problem is that sober me started to hate drunk me out of plain jealousy, I mean that guy is not only smarter, more creative and better with people but also more inspired and driven than me, hell - he even gets the job done better than I do! Mr smart ass, all helping people in real life selflessly contributing and shit and there I am looking bad in comparison. I mean I've been told that indirectly by real people in real life. Hey fuck him, it's my kid and I am the one who has to clean up the day after, even if I am not as high performing.

Obviously I am talking about the "strongly tipsy" phase because I don't really like being "party drunk" and I rarely am but that guy always appears when the magical amount has been introduced. Next day morning I keep thinking - oh wow, mr Smart ass did really well yesterday, that was a well done discourse wasn't it? Too bad I can't do that but I am the one who has to deal with the serotonin deficiency now. It is cool that I run 20% faster on the trails than mr Perfect (according to metrics) but it is him who humblebrags about it later if someone insists on asking.

Fuck that guy, he has no idea what anxiety disorder is, never had to deal with IBS but there he is spewing his philosophy of "hearing out the other side" and being all wholesome, caring about things I can't give a shit about. I swear to gods, sometimes I listen to him in real time and I think to myself - damn bro, look at them people captivated by you, wouldn't it be a shame if they saw you without that bottle? How awesome it is that you can brag that we take a mountain bike to work and say nothing about us not having a drivers license because of panic attacks when sober. I am the one who said no to xanax and I am the one who is going to type this on a fucking online forum about a video game, go ahead and deal with it friday night tomorrow hahaha, going to be awesome if anyone notices.

Yeah, alcohol is a tool, make sure you know why you drink, because sometimes you think you drink because you have to but that is not the case. I can't even read the writings of mr Whiskysmart because sure, it is damn good but it wasn't me who wrote it. I always wondered how people like Joe Rogan deal with this, people smoking weed to be creative etc.

Ok trap is set, got to bookmark the thread for mr Iamawesome for tomorrow after work hahaha, git gud bro.

PS - I just saw that the end of this thread was about mushrooms. Yes, we did them, about 18 years ago. Was good while it lasted, a game changer but too much time has passed and they are not as available as they were in Eastern Europe for middle aged people.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Only time I felt Anxiety disorder is when I wasnt prepared like tryin to give a speech after playing skyrim instead of knowing subject material cold. Much anxiety is caused by same psychology as drinking fatness or any other character flaw - laziness/poor planning.

Life is tough is this dog eat dog world. Best be prepared and vigilant
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 28, 2018, 6:03:00 PM
Reality is simple. Not easy but simple.

Here are teh basics:

You have two currencies. Your Tima and Your Attention. What You care about, things You spend Time and Attention on growing, things You dont care, you dont spent time and attention on them - die.

Simple. Not easy. You choose what You choose and You face consequences of those choices.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Only time I felt nervous is when I wasnt prepared like tryin to give a speech after playing skyrim instead of knowing subject material cold. We don't really know what causes anxiety disorders, only that it is not a character flaw.

Life is tough is this dog eat dog world. Best be prepared and vigilant

Not being prepared for a speech is both foolish and stressful! I imagine you were fine and did well XD

"

Fuck that guy, he has no idea what anxiety disorder is, never had to deal with IBS but there he is spewing his philosophy of "hearing out the other side" and being all wholesome, caring about things I can't give a shit about. I swear to gods, sometimes I listen to him in real time and I think to myself - damn bro, look at them people captivated by you, wouldn't it be a shame if they saw you without that bottle? How awesome it is that you can brag that we take a mountain bike to work and say nothing about us not having a drivers license because of panic attacks when sober. I am the one who said no to xanax and I am the one who is going to type this on a fucking online forum about a video game, go ahead and deal with it friday night tomorrow hahaha, going to be awesome if anyone notices.

Yeah, alcohol is a tool, make sure you know why you drink, because sometimes you think you drink because you have to but that is not the case. I can't even read the writings of mr Whiskysmart because sure, it is damn good but it wasn't me who wrote it. I always wondered how people like Joe Rogan deal with this, people smoking weed to be creative etc.

Ok trap is set, got to bookmark the thread for mr Iamawesome for tomorrow after work hahaha, git gud bro.

PS - I just saw that the end of this thread was about mushrooms. Yes, we did them, about 18 years ago. Was good while it lasted, a game changer but too much time has passed and they are not as available as they were in Eastern Europe for middle aged people.

So, are you experiencing a kind of Fight Club reality here, JohnG?

I think creative types who think they need substances in order to create work out how to be functioning addicts, or die trying.

I'd say BOTH are you, and to work to reconcile each part's strengths and weaknesses, but how?

"
de99ial wrote:
You have two currencies. Your Tima and Your Attention. What You care about, things You spend Time and Attention on growing, things You dont care, you dont spent time and attention on them - die.

Oh, if it were only easy!

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 29, 2018, 3:33:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info